Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-10-2009, 10:10 AM   #1
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
News Transcript article for Stephanie!!

Here you go guys a NJ paper doing a story about stephanie and our benefit dinner!!

Please bring this story to the attention of Andy Maietta.
Here is the story I am planning to run about Stephanie Bjorn.
Please advise me if there are any inaccuracies in what I have written.
Thanks for speaking with me yesterday afternoon.
Mark Rosman
News Transcript

By Mark Rosman

ENGLISHTOWN - People who have never met Stephanie Bjorn of Alabama will rally to help her on Sunday night.

Andy Maietta, whose family owns Ristorante Maietta on Tennent Avenue (Route 522) in Englishtown, will host a benefit dinner from 5-8 p.m. April 19 to benefit Stephanie, 13, who is waging a battle against Hodgkin's disease.

The youngster, who will celebrate her 14th birthday in May, is in her fourth round of chemotherapy and faces the prospect of additional chemotherapy and radiation treatments, Maietta said.

Maietta knows Stephanie through her stepfather, Scott Bjorn. The two men met in 2006 when both became members of the online General Motors Camaro project. The new Camaro is expected to make its debut next month.

"Scott is a very good guy and when he told us about Stephanie, I wanted to do something," Maietta said. "We will have a dinner, a silent auction and a caricature artist at our restaurant on April 19."

Proceeds of the dinner will help Stephanie's family pay for her medical expenses which are not covered by their insurance.

Guests will pay $50 for a dinner that will include a main course, salad and soda or water. Appetizers will be an additional cost. Maietta said $25 of every dinner will go to the Bjorn family. All of the proceeds from the silent auction and the caricature artist will go the family, he said. Reservations are required and must be made by April 17. Call 732-446-7431 to make reservations or for more information.

Maietta, who resides in Manalapan, said his family has owned the restaurant, formerly known as People's, for 30 years.
Old 04-10-2009, 10:26 AM   #2
MerlinZero
Big Orange

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro 2SS/RS
Arc... This is simply wonderful.. no other way to put it.

Everything going on for Steph is amazing
" First, there was darkness, Then, On March 16th, Scott said LET THERE BE CAMARO, and there was Camaro, and Scott saw that it was good. Camaro5 3:16"

VIN: 2G1FT1EWXA9120523
ETA 7/6/09 (Delivered 7/10/09)
MerlinZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 10:29 AM   #3
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 11:11 AM   #4
fad1

Drives: Future 5th gen Camaro
I'm proud of being part of this forum with people like you
Old 04-10-2009, 11:21 AM   #5
ArcAngel

Thanks guys the kind words are awesome! I just wish more forum people made reservations in our area , I only have one person from this site with a reservation :(
Old 04-10-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
if i was in the area, you couldve definitly counted me in, sorry Arc!
Very nice to see the Camaro community pull together for Stephanie, you guys are great
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:27 PM   #7
bluch
OH CANADA!

Drives: 2011 RAM 1500 LARAMIE
if i lived closer i would be there...or if i had my camaro i wouldnt mind driving from western canada this is a great thing you are doing and i wish you all the best with the dinner and for stephanie

Had to trade in the Camaro for a truck :(, but hopefully I can join the Camaro family again one day
bluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:31 PM   #8
SRFnSNO

Drives: Blown & Flamed
Sorry just saw this Thread We will be Flying home from Frisco Co. that day.
My Family loves GTG's Especially ones that have a Good purpose.

Just outside of Trenton.
SRFnSNO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2009, 01:50 PM   #9
ArcAngel

It's ok guys not everyone can make it just hoped more could have