Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #29
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
OMG how many times do I have to say this the door WAS NOT OPEN Hylton took this picture the door was closed!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:30 AM   #30
etrigan

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS Black Camaro
Wow. This is the kind of thing that I have a hard time accepting. Everything else about the car could be the greatest thing on Earth but something like bad alignment will completely ruin it for me. It'll be the only thing I see in the interior.

I hope it was just the photo.

Maybe the glue hadn't dried yet and the piece started falling off????

VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9106795

1100, Preliminary order accepted:10/13/08
6000, Del. to me:5/20/09
Old 03-19-2009, 09:32 AM   #31
Iroczlover
The Krazzy bytch

Drives: Which car I have 9 vehicles?
Send a message via MSN to Iroczlover Send a message via Yahoo to Iroczlover
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
thats my fear they delayed this launch "to get everything perfect" well how the hell is this perfect??!! wheres FBodfather I would like a response to this.
Fbodfather IS NOT in charge of the Camaro program & hasnt been in the last couple years, He is one of our only contact via GM on these websites. NOT a person to be abused by the belly achings of some of us.

NOw Yes I can see people being upset about the design flaws in molding & stuff of the car, but Every thing isnt always perfect the first year. Thats way Some of us refuse to buy the car until the 2nd run (Where I am waiting for a vert)

Heck my 90 Corvette has rattles & what have you, My husbands 00 vette leaks & always has. & the Corvettes been around 50+ years.

I am not a man I have boobies.
Cars are like women, If you treat her rough shes going to complain & you will hear about it. If you treat her right she will purrrrrrrrrrrrr
Current cars owned , 72 Skylark vert,86 fiero GT Sold , 87 Iroc-z (sold), 90 Vette Vert SOLD , 95 Z28, 99 Silverado K1500 Totaled, 2010 CGM Camaro 2ss/rs (had to sell & I hate it ) ,2012 Cruze LT repoed.

Current current list lol 2006 Silverado 2500hd.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #32
boatingbent

Drives: 69 Pontiac Firebird
Took these pictures at Autorama Detroit couple of weeks ago and as you can see in these pictures the 2 Panels match real good ...So I am thinking its the picture or I am hoping Rick`s is the only one...Sometimes it might be a bad deal to get the 1st one of the line..lol

I do Agree though that if in fact those 2 panels are out of alignment it needs to be fixed
Attached Images

Old 03-19-2009, 09:34 AM   #33
ArcAngel

Please they have had 4 years of development crap like this, especially after a quality delay, should not reach production let alone this car!**** Those above photos look better*** Can you zoom on the door?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #34
tjbusa
Serious Sleeper

Drives: 2010 CGM 2SS/RS M6
I'm counting on the GM website presentation and post March 16th production cars. Surely the alignment of the panels won't look crude like the pic you posted. I ordered CGM so I expect my car no time soon... time will tell, but I will still buy it as I am not buying the car for its interior.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:35 AM   #35
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulm85 View Post
I am also tired of people saying "as soon as I fire up that LS3 and run through the gears none of those issues will matter" I do not buy into that stuff. Seriously the car could be a piece with rattles and doors that don't line up on your spanking new $30 grand vehicle and you'll say "o hell she runs good, don't mind those little things." If that is the way many of you think that is great but the market does not drive for things to be like that any more. I for one think that, not just the camaro in particular, but any GM needs to be damn good from the get-go the way the economy is.

I'm sure I will get yelled at for that but that is just the way it is.
I think you have good points here. I think we all have very high expectations regarding this car. I'm HOPING this is just a result of the angle the photo was taken. I think that if this IS the final product, the rags' are going to tear something like this appart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodrunner View Post
Hard to explain away something that, apparently, blatantly wrong. I said apparently because pictures can be deceiving, but I don't think that's the case here. Certainly doesn't make me happy, but at this point....

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // RFBG // Soler 103 // TooHighPSI Port Injection // THPSI Billet Lid // FF // Katech Drop-In // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
Old 03-19-2009, 09:36 AM   #36
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iroczlover View Post
but Every thing isnt always perfect the first year.
which is obv why we were told to "keep the faith" and why the car was delayed because they wanted to make it perfect, right?
Old 03-19-2009, 09:37 AM   #37
35thLE SS

Drives: 79Z28 02SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
This is the quality interior that GM gives to RICK HENDRICK!!
What the hell man that looks worse than KIA!!! Can we please have an adult discussion and keep the fanboyism to minimum
I have admitted to being a fanboy that drinks the kool-aid but I have to agree with you ArcAngel. I am hoping the picture is making this look much worse than it is due to angle it was taken etc. If this is how it looks in person when you are sitting in the passenger/driver seat than I would be disappointed. By the looks of the picture it is much worse than a slight misalignment. From my past experiences having many cars interiors apart I don't see were you would be able to adjust the panel enough to make up for the discrepancy. I am just hoping it is much better in person. Neither my 4th gen nor 2nd gen have panel alignments as bad as this picture shows. That is why I am staying optimistic since I am expecting the 5th gen to be far superior in interior quality.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #38
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Sad part is that car was sitting there all day on the line, the PLANT knew there was heavy press there and yet they let the car off the line looking like that. I think its more than an adjustment issue there, I'm betting the insert and door panel needs to go back to the cad/cam.

If they can't go all out for a guy like Hendrick, what will our cars look like?

=bobby
Old 03-19-2009, 09:39 AM   #39
Rockies4

Drives: PT Cruiser 02
I would also reserve judgement until I actually saw the car in person. There might be some factors involved either with the picture or something else. I chose black leather interior, so I might have a different experience. So I want to see the car in person.

Just my opinion.
Old 03-19-2009, 09:40 AM   #40
ArcAngel

Listen guys I bleed GM and love the CAMARO my issue is with the delay and all how does your production run cars have this kind of a misalignment, besides like I said one of our members has seen this car in person that is why he took these pics!
Old 03-19-2009, 09:45 AM   #41
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I don't know what they supplied but didn't they have a problem with a supplier of some of the interior components? Maybe this was a left over product of that supplier and somehow it slipped through, or the beancounters are making them use up all the first supplier's parts before starting with the new one..... Just a thought...
maybe the new supplier will have better QC...
Old 03-19-2009, 09:46 AM   #42
GatorBlue371

Drives: vrooooom vrooooom
Looks like Cheap Crap.... Not the way to reverse an Anti-American Market.

Number 3... can we get a picture of how your panels line up?
"With a light touch on the brakes, run the revs up a bit. Slip off the brake and bury the throttle. There's a light chirp as tires scratch for bite. Then comes a sub-5.0-second sled ride to 60 mph. A tick over 13.0 sec. and you're through the quarter-mile. It's a rush, of course, but not overly dramatic. Try the same thing with this pair's predecessors of 1970 or so and you'll find yourself in a bit of a wrestling match. Ain't progress wonderful? Maybe yes, and maybe sometimes it's fun to wrestle."

Closed Thread