Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2009, 06:54 PM   #1
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Got to COMPARE colors in person today...

So over the past few weeks I had decided between 3 color combos (posted a poll somewhere) well IOM seemed to be the winner both there and then with me. Alas I got to see IOM on two different vehicles since then and although it looked nicer on the pontiac, I didnt not like the look after examining both of them. It seems only when the sun hits it and those spots where the sun hits sparkle and glow the rest becomes almost a dull red orange. While I was looking at the car the sun went behind a cloud and the car looked almost victory red lost all its life , what little it had. So I hope you guys who got IOM will love it completely it just wasn't the color for me. I then went over to a chevy dealer and examined the RJT on a malibu. In the sun the RJT has a sheen to it like a mist or slight pearl effect it adds a depth or richness to the red. Then i waited for some overcast when it arrived the colot became a deep burgandy red almost like a wine color still with a sort of mistiness very classy. The RJT in my opinion will bring the cars looks up, like a richer look. I decided I didnt want to rest on my laurels though so I went to another Chevy dealer and there I hit the Jackpot four corvettes a CGM, a RJT , a black , and a silver. I quickly focused on the two RJT and CGM. The CGM was nice but it was kinda blah I mean it looks like grey with a sparkle once in a while of a slight blue flake. The RJT looked like one of our members pics of his RJT vette. MAAAN the curves popped on the vette when the sun hit it the area were the light refracted of off shimmered with that mistiness and the color had a depth and richness to it. Out of all four vettes to me at least the RJT was awesome it made that vette stand out and look more expensive than the others, man I still cant get over how beautiful it was!

ADDED a pic of a VR vette and a RJT vette in the sun
Attached Images

Last edited by ArcAngel; 03-22-2009 at 07:49 PM.
ArcAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:05 PM   #2
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
I saw IOM at dusk and thought it looked hot. Half the car was in the sun and the other half was not. I'm sure I'll be correcting people when they say my car is red but I don't care if the perception is amorphous. In fact, I like it. I'm not a big fan of red and don't want a red car but this is different. "Inferno" is the perfect name for the color.
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:07 PM   #3
ArcAngel

I will agree inferno is perfect because it looks like fire actually more like LAVA. I'm glad you like your choice, I don't believe it was ugly it just wasnt what I was wanting on the car so it seems to me that the RJT is more the direction, for me
Old 03-22-2009, 07:19 PM   #4
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Just wondering....Does the Vette get a better paint job than the typical GM vehicle? ie-more coats? I was really leaning towards RJT, but seems like on GM vehicles I've seen it on (Suburbans, Impala's, etc) it looks killer when sun hits at certain angles, but the paint looks thin at other angles, almost giving it a slight pinkish hue.....It also looks very maroonish when cloudy.

I really wanted RJT to be my color, but it is sooo common in Minnesota, and to me it has a "Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hide" personality, looking great in right light, then looking very drab in other light. And paint seems thin on GM vehicles I've checked out, which explains the pinkish-redness at certain angles. There's still a very slight chance I'll end up with RJT, but right now ABM just seems to be thee color for me!
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 07:22 PM   #5
ArcAngel

I found the car that looks closest to the vette out of all available now is the malibu
Old 03-22-2009, 07:36 PM   #6
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
From the cars I've seen, your picture of "in the sun" says it all. The tint coats and metalics look absolutely stunning in the sun. But they look a little dull on a dark, overcast day. I've actually had to look twice at the IOM to make sure it wasn't VR on a very cloudy and overcast day.

But I suppose it's like BLACK. Looks perfect for 10 minutes after you wash and wax it. Then you decide you have to go drive it and, well ................. that was a real nice 10 minutes.

BTW I did see an IOM with Black stipes on Friday and it was pretty sweet.
Old 03-22-2009, 07:39 PM   #7
ArcAngel

Heres a question what do you guys think about my CGM stripe package on the RJT?? yea or nay?
Old 03-22-2009, 08:13 PM   #8
Redwolf20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Heres a question what do you guys think about my CGM stripe package on the RJT?? yea or nay?
Big time yea!
Redwolf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 08:17 PM   #9
ArcAngel

Well a BIG TIME thanks redwolf20 !!!!
Old 03-22-2009, 08:21 PM   #10
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
I think it better look REALLY COOL or I'm going to really hate myself. I'll be sure to take multiple pics of how it looks for you in the next week or two when I finally get to see it in person...
Old 03-22-2009, 08:28 PM   #11
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Looks freaking amazing.
Old 03-22-2009, 08:29 PM   #12
ArcAngel

whoooooa TRM0002 your gonna see it in the next few weeks?? HELL YEA I WANT PICS!!!!! Yea RJT does look amazing fenwick!
Old 03-22-2009, 08:34 PM   #13
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
whoooooa TRM0002 your gonna see it in the next few weeks?? HELL YEA I WANT PICS!!!!! Yea RJT does look amazing fenwick!
I sure hope so. That is exactly my car my friend. I'm just waiting for them to open the holding pen(s) in Oshawa and ship, ship, ship...

PLENTY of pictures to come as soon as it makes it's 2-1/2 hour trip from Oshawa to Buffalo... rest assured.

***** KEEP IN MIND THAT I HAVE RALLY STRIPES-NOT HOCKEY...
Old 03-22-2009, 08:51 PM   #14
ArcAngel

Well still that will give me an idea of what mine will look like ..ps did you get beige interior??