Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-22-2009, 08:57 PM   #15
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArcAngel View Post
Well still that will give me an idea of what mine will look like ..ps did you get beige interior??
grey stripes / grey leather...
Old 03-22-2009, 09:00 PM   #16
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
i was gonna do the grey leather but I dont like the grey carpet so I am leaning beige now
Old 03-22-2009, 09:11 PM   #17
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
I originally wanted the RJT but changed my mind esp. after I found out it was an extra charge. LoL. I liked the RJT with the black hockey stripe package and ground effect package on the camaro builder. With polished sheels and RS package.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 09:12 PM   #18
ArcAngel

So what color are you getting Ron
Old 03-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #19
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
I've got a picture of a dirty RJT ... so if you get it wash your car often. Also, some IOM's in the background in medium/bright sun.
Attached Images

My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:19 PM   #20
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
From the cars I've seen, your picture of "in the sun" says it all. The tint coats and metalics look absolutely stunning in the sun. But they look a little dull on a dark, overcast day.
That's the dilemma I have with RJT. I want a car that looks fairly vibrant in all light conditions. Victory Red was on the short list (but I'm a bit paranoid about that being a cop magnet), but ABM looks very good in all light conditons....(had the same basic color on my 78')
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:22 PM   #21
ArcAngel

Yes I guess I must but I dont usually let my car get that dirty, I guess from having black cars im a bit anal
Old 03-22-2009, 10:23 PM   #22
justmeron

Drives: 2010 camaro
Send a message via AIM to justmeron
Quote:
So what color are you getting Ron
I went with the VR.

Life is not like a box of chocolates, its more like eating a whole jar of jalapenos.... what you do today may burn your ass tomorrow!!!!
justmeron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 10:33 PM   #23
DerbyChamp06

Drives: 13' RAM 1500 4x4
Quote:
Heres a question what do you guys think about my CGM stripe package on the RJT?? yea or nay?
Black Rally Stripes would work best, imo-

I'd go hood rally stripes in black. Black contrasts better, is non-metallic color in contrast to RJT so its not competing with, but rather complimenting the metallic red.

Not a fan of the hockey stripes. They worked on 69' Camaro's because they mirrored the trailing creases of fenders. New Camaro doesn't have such creases. Also, the noticeable side seam of front fascia (which 69' didn't have) necessitates gap in vinyl hockey stripe which only serves to amplify the seam. And the one-piece hood decal doesn't look nearly as sharp as the 2 stripe option.....Just my 2 cents, but IMO, I have good sense of what works and what doesn't
DerbyChamp06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:08 PM   #24
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Yes I guess I must but I dont usually let my car get that dirty, I guess from having black cars im a bit anal

My RJT car will NEVER look like that; if it does, it's because I'm dead.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:32 PM   #25
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Hey DG, is the IOM in front of the RJT have CGM stripes or black?
I thought they were CGM
Arc, im happy you got to seem them in person, RJT is really gorgous, iit has soo much dept to it. Ask for stripes, i have no idea.
White, Silver (look like my uncles 87 Z28 Candy Red with SIlver Stripes) CGM and Black would look amazing!
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2009, 11:39 PM   #26
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Quote:
Originally Posted by justmeron View Post
I originally wanted the RJT but changed my mind esp. after I found out it was an extra charge. LoL. I liked the RJT with the black hockey stripe package and ground effect package on the camaro builder. With polished sheels and RS package.
Are you serious? For $295 you're not going to get the color you want? Think it through my friend... I've found that more times than not, when I didn't go with my initial instinct, I regretted it later...
Old 03-23-2009, 08:48 AM   #27
ArcAngel

The colors on our Camaro all suit the car well pretty much one of the hardest choices to make when it comes to this car. My only fear is when they start arriving in dealer lots and the colors are present on the car that they will look different on the Camaro, then they did on say the corvette/malibu. Then does that through perception on its head. I'm so happy I ended up having to wait LOL
Old 03-23-2009, 09:13 AM   #28
Chevyrocker
Weekend Rockstar

Drives: Depends on the day...
Quote:
So over the past few weeks I had decided between 3 color combos (posted a poll somewhere) well IOM seemed to be the winner both there and then with me. Alas I got to see IOM on two different vehicles since then and although it looked nicer on the pontiac, I didnt not like the look after examining both of them. It seems only when the sun hits it and those spots where the sun hits sparkle and glow the rest becomes almost a dull red orange. While I was looking at the car the sun went behind a cloud and the car looked almost victory red lost all its life , what little it had. So I hope you guys who got IOM will love it completely it just wasn't the color for me. I then went over to a chevy dealer and examined the RJT on a malibu. In the sun the RJT has a sheen to it like a mist or slight pearl effect it adds a depth or richness to the red. Then i waited for some overcast when it arrived the colot became a deep burgandy red almost like a wine color still with a sort of mistiness very classy. The RJT in my opinion will bring the cars looks up, like a richer look. I decided I didnt want to rest on my laurels though so I went to another Chevy dealer and there I hit the Jackpot four corvettes a CGM, a RJT , a black , and a silver. I quickly focused on the two RJT and CGM. The CGM was nice but it was kinda blah I mean it looks like grey with a sparkle once in a while of a slight blue flake. The RJT looked like one of our members pics of his RJT vette. MAAAN the curves popped on the vette when the sun hit it the area were the light refracted of off shimmered with that mistiness and the color had a depth and richness to it. Out of all four vettes to me at least the RJT was awesome it made that vette stand out and look more expensive than the others, man I still cant get over how beautiful it was!

ADDED a pic of a VR vette and a RJT vette in the sun
Judging by the wheels on that "rjt" vette, it's an '07. Which means that the color is not Red Jewel Tintcaot. It was actually Monterey Red. The new 09's are Crystal Red Metallic which is just like a shade lighter the the Monterey. The Malibu's have a Red Jewel Tintcoat and so do teh Tahoe's/Suburbans...

Are all the colors close? Yes, of course, but still not the same...