Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 09-22-2016, 02:43 PM   #71
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
That would appear to be the case. When I can get to the control module I will try to program the phone button on the steering wheel (not sure if that will work) but right now it wont make calls. Pressing it will only answer a call not allow you to make one. Holding it down activates OnStar.
Don't forget you need to install a new microphone in order to talk.
That will not work, here is why, there working now, but your new radio does not work with the GM can bus, see all that is sent on the bus to onstar and the radio, you dont have that here.

love the look i am going to order one and play with it soon.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:18 AM   #72
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubird68 View Post
is that a 6.2" or 7" screen ?
Its a 7" screen.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 01:37 AM   #73
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
That will not work, here is why, there working now, but your new radio does not work with the GM can bus, see all that is sent on the bus to onstar and the radio, you dont have that here.

love the look i am going to order one and play with it soon.
It was my understanding that the control module that came with the new PAC kit would incorporate the functions that were removed with the old radio. Currently the button will hang up the phone call, and the same button with a long press will call OnStar. It just no longer will initiate a call. They say that the Pioneer radio supports that function. Ill know more tomorrow when I remove the unit to install the mic and chime and will try PAC's program sequence.

Ill look forward to your review.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:10 PM   #74
JNguyen

Drives: 2015 Camaro LS
hmmm I have the LS model with no mylink. I'm curious if I would be able to retain the 3.5m auxiliary plug in the middle compartment. If so, I may consider getting this
JNguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 03:15 PM   #75
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNguyen View Post
hmmm I have the LS model with no mylink. I'm curious if I would be able to retain the 3.5m auxiliary plug in the middle compartment. If so, I may consider getting this
That would be more dependent on the radio you buy rather than this kit.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:58 PM   #76
kudzu71

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS
For what it is worth, I put a Scoshe unit in my 2014 SS with a Pioneer AVH4000NEX and I lost the aux jack. I don't recall the reason the installer gave me.
Old 09-23-2016, 05:20 PM   #77
Low Saturn

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kudzu71 View Post
For what it is worth, I put a Scoshe unit in my 2014 SS with a Pioneer AVH4000NEX and I lost the aux jack. I don't recall the reason the installer gave me.
Looking at the specs for the AVH4000NEX on Pioneers website, it has a rear auxiliary input. So it can be connected to the Camaro's aux jack. Sounds like the installer was being lazy. All that's needed is an extension cable.
Old 09-24-2016, 11:56 AM   #78
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNguyen View Post
I'm not entirely sure with this system, but with the Alpine kit I used to have, I had to modify the 3.5 mm with an aftermarket one.
Old 09-24-2016, 06:56 PM   #79
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
so patternpilot,,does the SW buttons work with pac to initiate calls OUT? or is this going to be an issue? with more devices to install? thanks
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 08:09 PM   #80
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydahog View Post
so patternpilot,,does the SW buttons work with pac to initiate calls OUT? or is this going to be an issue? with more devices to install? thanks
The ability to use the steering wheel controls for calling out are lost with this unit. All other controls work.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:11 PM   #81
patternpilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreeperRS View Post
I'm not entirely sure with this system, but with the Alpine kit I used to have, I had to modify the 3.5 mm with an aftermarket one.
The auxiliary plug and USB cable are supplied with the PAC unit.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:24 PM   #82
patternpilot

So after installing the missing chime module and the microphone everything is working except the ability to make calls from the steering wheel controls. This function was part of the factory radio. I know that at least with my Pioneer head unit there is no input for this other than directly using the screen or using the phone. Its a shame as this is definitely a safety feature to keep your eyes on the road. But then I guess we aren't supposed to be talking on the phone anyway.

Old 09-24-2016, 08:41 PM   #83
CreeperRS

Drives: 20’ Chevrolet Camaro 2SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
The auxiliary plug and USB cable are supplied with the PAC unit.
Sweet. Well done PAC! Thanks Patternpilot.
Old 09-25-2016, 04:37 AM   #84
opossum

Drives: 2013
Cime modul

Hallo, patternpilot,

have you please a photo from the chime module. Then i can control before i install the kit. My is now at borderlinx.com and at monday it will be sent from borderlinx to Germany.
Question: In my 2013 camaro i have no button to lock/unlock the doors at the oem-mylink. Only in the doors. With the kit i have now this buttons. If i want to install them, i have to route the two cables to the BCM?

Best regards from Germany
Egbert
Chevrolet Camaro - V8 - MT - 2013 - European Version - Inferno Orange/ Inferno orange - ACC Sidemarker ghosted - Dash Kit PAC RPK5-GM4101 with DNX8170DABS - Amp KAC-8406 - Sub Pioneer TS-WX110A - Rear- and Front-Camera - ACC Mail Slot Scanner RGB - Pedders Sportsryder - painted parts in engine compartment - black powder coated original rims - H & R wheel plates 20mm front and rear axle - 1 LE steering wheel - MGW Short shifter replacement - aluminum door Pins - ACS T4 Splitter - us-mirrors - ZL1 side rockers - High Wing Spoiler
opossum is offline   Reply With Quote