Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-31-2024, 08:59 AM   #1
Tony_Tunes

Drives: Chevy Camaro
Exclamation Multiple Different Codes Popping Up and What to Do ?

Alright, I'm gonna try to make this as short and simple as possible.

I have my 2010 Camaro v6 RS, I bought it off a guy and he put in exhaust, He said he doesn't think it has 02 Sensors because he put the exhaust in himself and didn't put slots in for them (this isn't confirmed I need to find a way to get a good look). - Besides this I'm not getting codes that say specifically 02 Sensors.

Before going into this, I should also mention for some reason my cars oil pressure is higher than usual, so I have a theory I need to replace the oil pressure sensor as well (I've already purchased it).

Moving on to current, here's a list of my codes, I looked them up and have ideas on what they mean:

When I clear my 'Service Stabilitrak' I have:
- P0449
- P0455
- P0430
- P0420
- P0128

When 'Service Stabilitrak' pops up I have:
- the previous 5 codes
- P2180
- P2178
- P0101

To address the P128 I've replaced the thermostat but it's still on, that leads me to believe bad coolant temp sensor (I bought one and have it on standby) or bad Air Intake Temp Sensor which is attached to my MAF I believe - P0101 is a bad MAF sensor, so getting a new MAF could solve those problems.

When I replaced the thermostat I replaced all 6 spark plugs, on the passenger side middle, I found a lot of oil on the thread of the spark plug - I read into it and I think that means bad valve cover gasket, bad seals near the sparkplugs, or bad pistons/seals. - maybe has something to do with P2180 and P2178?

Looking into Stabilitrak, something about Active Fuel management was mentioned and failed throttle body was mentioned. I eliminated failed throttle body because I had to change it a couple months ago, so I looked into AFM. AFM is apparently related to lifters. I could have bad lifters because I have a different tick than usual near the driver side back part of the engine, it's not rod knock.

I don't think all these codes can be fixed by one thing. I received the vehicle at about 102,000 miles and I'm at 107.700 now. I just think it needs it's 100,000 mile maintenance / tune up.

Any and all suggestions would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Tony_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 02:25 PM   #2
gtstorey

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS2,L99, LSA SC
Stop thinking, I have a MAF code, it must mean replace the MAF sensor. And definitely don't go down the road of "stabiltrak" + "internet" = AFM. Stabiltrak cuts on when the car sees about any problem such as a MAF code. The service manual has diagnostic steps for each code, plus which ones to correct first.

It looks like you have an issue with the evap system which may be overloaded with fuel that it is trying to dump out and causing "rich at idle" codes. Or those codes maybe from a MAF issue.

You have cat codes that probably related to the exhaust change and possibly the lack of a cat.

Temperature could be a wiring issue or a fan issue or a sensor issue. It needs to be diagnosed.

MAF may have a problem but again the code needs diagnosed. As a first step, you might try cleaning it with MAF cleaner.

As a last though, some of these codes rely on the ECM's 5v system and it's probably worth the time to check and see if the issues are all on the same 5v bus, and if everything on the same 5v system has an issue. A problem on the 5V system can affect all of the remaining sensors on that system. I don't think that is your problem, but it would take a study of the wiring diagrams to confirm.
gtstorey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 03:18 PM   #3
Tony_Tunes

Drives: Chevy Camaro
@gtstorey thank you for your reply. Where can I get the exact copy of the service manual - do you have a link or something? Also how can I see if there’s a problem on the 5v system, so I just see if there is 5v going through the sensors / where do I measure?
Tony_Tunes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 04:30 PM   #4
gtstorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Tunes View Post
@gtstorey thank you for your reply. Where can I get the exact copy of the service manual - do you have a link or something? Also how can I see if there’s a problem on the 5v system, so I just see if there is 5v going through the sensors / where do I measure?
Alldata.com (they have a DIY subsection)
https://www.acdelcotds.com/subscriptions#

hardcopy from Helm, Inc.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:32 PM   #5
gtstorey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony_Tunes View Post
Also how can I see if there’s a problem on the 5v system, so I just see if there is 5v going through the sensors / where do I measure?
Having and knowing how to use a wiring diagram.
Old 01-31-2024, 04:48 PM   #6
spyderbuddy

Drives: 2010 RS Inferno Orange Metallic
the 420 and 430 are the rear cats , That means that they are ether bad or gone
PCP Hideaway Headlight Covers, BBK Headers & High Flow Cats, ZL1 Add-ons Wicker Bill, TL1/ZL1 Hood Insert, Gen5 DIY Frameless Mirror, ABL Dash Lighting an My link Navigation, Blacked out Rear Bowtie, all Sylvania led Turn Signals, Ceramic Window Tint By Nicks, MBRP Exhaust tips, GEN5 DIY Virginia Legal DRL Harness, Painted Brake Calipers, Vittesse Throttle Controller, Heritage Grill, Diode Dynamics Led Lighting, Manual Shifter Boot, Paddle Shifters, CNC Throttle Body, Trifecta Tune, RX Catch Can & Breather, Trunk Black out and Side Grills, Chevorlet door Sills.
spyderbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
2010, 3.6 l, code checkengine, diy, gen 5