Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 07-15-2010, 07:10 PM   #15
ipimpthisc
Banned

Drives: @twinturbo, cammed, intrcooled@
Send a message via AIM to ipimpthisc
excellent ,,,this is very interesting, but are there vid with dyno #'s and verification?
ipimpthisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:42 PM   #16
IPSjeff

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
excellent ,,,this is very interesting, but are there vid with dyno #'s and verification?
All had dyno confirmations and most had videos as well

I didn't use any numbers that were just posted or "Assumed" without a graph being posted.
Jeff
IPSjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:53 PM   #17
ipimpthisc
Banned

bump...excellent!!!!! this pretty much is gonna help me make my choice...thanks jeff...kudos
Old 07-21-2010, 03:05 PM   #18
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Just Remember this is Jeff at IPS post so it sways his way
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:20 PM   #19
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granatelli View Post
ok i agree...so make your won post or chart...its an open forum...as a consumer i want the best choice and product...match or exceed him, and they will come. I think we all agree on this.. I will go turbo 99% convinced now i just want the best bang for the buck
Old 07-21-2010, 08:27 PM   #20
IPSjeff

Quote:
If something isn't right or needs modified in your "Section" all you have to do is ask. I have no interest in "Swaying" anything.
Jeff
Old 07-27-2010, 01:58 PM   #21
ipimpthisc
Banned

all the vendors should post their videos with , dyno numbers and repeated runs....also ait, real time, psi readings, the works...i think i speak for all members when i say we want to make an informed choice...its not all about numbers, sum people prefer a lil less power, and then their is cost and engine reliability concerns etc.
Old 07-28-2010, 12:42 PM   #22
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
No additions to the graph recently huh?
Old 07-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #23
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
lets beat up jeff....j/k
Old 07-28-2010, 05:15 PM   #24
IPSjeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 2010 Sin View Post
Nothing new no. I have one PM to respond to but to protect the authenticity of the chart I am not going to add anything or "Up" power numbers without a graph being posted or certain additions being added to the manufacturers website. In other words, I don't want somebody to say "Oh yes, we include xyz too" if they don't include it in their kit description or break-down.
Jeff

PS -- Kits like the STS I just don't have any of the info to fill in and have not been contacted about doing so.
Old 07-28-2010, 06:31 PM   #25
Granatelli
Account Suspended

Drives: 2SS Victory Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipimpthisc View Post
ok i agree...so make your won post or chart...its an open forum...as a consumer i want the best choice and product...match or exceed him, and they will come. I think we all agree on this.. I will go turbo 99% convinced now i just want the best bang for the buck
Tran - The system admin frowns on venders making comparisons. Every time I blink I get a warning for something or another. We are shipping kits weekly and most of the “ready to buy” customers call the office to get that human touch. It seems to me Hellion said it best. There are many choices out there but it appears that is has come down to 3 companies. Hellion, IPS and Granatelli/TTi.

Hellions claim to fame is great customer service and SS 439 material. They say 439 is better because it is more impervious to corrosion. AHHHH OK but 439 is a ferritic stainless steel designed to resist corrosion in a variety of oxidizing environments from fresh water to boiling acids. This is titanium stabilized, chromium alloy and not intended to exceed 1200 degrees. That does not mean you can’t do it but how many of us drive 140 mph on 118mpg rated tires? No one really crashes and burns but would you want to keep doing it? NO

IPS created a comparo and even after speaking with our staff they still posted what they wanted to. That is why we chose not to get into anymore shoot outs with them.

Granatelli focus’s on real power numbers, we don’t tell people they should be making 795hp on a stock motor, understanding it can be done, but so what it is not a good idea and the customer should not be told otherwise. We say do it right or don’t do it at all. We sell our kits standard with PTE6265 65lb/hr turbos. That gets you instant power from 450 to 1300 based on your boost. Our quality, fit and finish has sold itself for 70 years. We are the same people that designed the famed Novi 2000, the first and only 1000hp 50 State Legal blower when we owned Paxton Superchargers. We are also the same company that has consistently produced the most 1000 hp plus 97-2010 Corvette turbo systems with our partners at TTi, 80% of the Mustangs that race, regardless of ¼ mile, top speed, road course or otherwise all use brackets designed or fashioned by or after our design. We have been known for setting the standard to which other are measured and we pride ourselves on that. We do offer Turbonetics turbos to those that want Turbonetics. Our material is T-321 but most don’t know what that is so we say 304 because it is the catch fraze material of choice. In fact, T321 material is highly nickel based and intended to withstand 1500 degree temps for hours on end.
We don’t honk our own horn and brag about stuff that has little to no bearing on your 2010 Camaro because we try to stay focused on the facts at hand. However, since everyone is going that direction, here is our hand built turbo kit on a 320 c.i. engine using T321 header material

So bang for buck. We are not the most expensive and we are not teh cheapest - we just feel we offer the best practical twin turbo kit for the Camaro Gen 5. Most have agrred so far.

If there is someone out there that feels we are running the wrong turbos (we are not) we are more then happy to accomodate your request and put whatever turbo you want in its place
Granatelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 09:52 PM   #26
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by IPSjeff View Post
Nothing new no. I have one PM to respond to but to protect the authenticity of the chart I am not going to add anything or "Up" power numbers without a graph being posted or certain additions being added to the manufacturers website. In other words, I don't want somebody to say "Oh yes, we include xyz too" if they don't include it in their kit description or break-down.
Jeff

PS -- Kits like the STS I just don't have any of the info to fill in and have not been contacted about doing so.
in all respect to u jeff, i know u did ur home work
Old 07-28-2010, 10:12 PM   #27
ipimpthisc
Banned

Quote:
Tran - The system admin frowns on venders making comparisons. Every time I blink I get a warning for something or another. We are shipping kits weekly and most of the “ready to buy” customers call the office to get that human touch. It seems to me Hellion said it best. There are many choices out there but it appears that is has come down to 3 companies. Hellion, IPS and Granatelli/TTi.

Hellions claim to fame is great customer service and SS 439 material. They say 439 is better because it is more impervious to corrosion. AHHHH OK but 439 is a ferritic stainless steel designed to resist corrosion in a variety of oxidizing environments from fresh water to boiling acids. This is titanium stabilized, chromium alloy and not intended to exceed 1200 degrees. That does not mean you can’t do it but how many of us drive 140 mph on 118mpg rated tires? No one really crashes and burns but would you want to keep doing it? NO

IPS created a comparo and even after speaking with our staff they still posted what they wanted to. That is why we chose not to get into anymore shoot outs with them.

Granatelli focus’s on real power numbers, we don’t tell people they should be making 795hp on a stock motor, understanding it can be done, but so what it is not a good idea and the customer should not be told otherwise. We say do it right or don’t do it at all. We sell our kits standard with PTE6265 65lb/hr turbos. That gets you instant power from 450 to 1300 based on your boost. Our quality, fit and finish has sold itself for 70 years. We are the same people that designed the famed Novi 2000, the first and only 1000hp 50 State Legal blower when we owned Paxton Superchargers. We are also the same company that has consistently produced the most 1000 hp plus 97-2010 Corvette turbo systems with our partners at TTi, 80% of the Mustangs that race, regardless of ¼ mile, top speed, road course or otherwise all use brackets designed or fashioned by or after our design. We have been known for setting the standard to which other are measured and we pride ourselves on that. We do offer Turbonetics turbos to those that want Turbonetics. Our material is T-321 but most don’t know what that is so we say 304 because it is the catch fraze material of choice. In fact, T321 material is highly nickel based and intended to withstand 1500 degree temps for hours on end.
We don’t honk our own horn and brag about stuff that has little to no bearing on your 2010 Camaro because we try to stay focused on the facts at hand. However, since everyone is going that direction, here is our hand built turbo kit on a 320 c.i. engine using T321 header material

So bang for buck. We are not the most expensive and we are not teh cheapest - we just feel we offer the best practical twin turbo kit for the Camaro Gen 5. Most have agrred so far.

If there is someone out there that feels we are running the wrong turbos (we are not) we are more then happy to accomodate your request and put whatever turbo you want in its place
i feel like i just blew smoke in your eyes and u shot me for it...but this wasnt against any person at all, but rather a freedom of info matter...and while i think u sound angry i rather u sound that way and spit facts, then stay quiet...so i welcome the info...and its doesnt have to be all camaro platform stuff...i think all ur credentials are impressive, and truly worthy of praise. Additionally I have a renewed respect for granatelli as a result. I think u should gloat in ur glory from the hard earned work and accomplishments. Kudos to u, and ur product is sweet
Old 07-29-2010, 08:21 AM   #28
IPSjeff

Quote:

What I need is a link from you where you itemize what TTi includes in the kits and I will edit it right away. I couldn't even find the kit on your site and on TTi's:

http://www.turbotechnologyinc.com/site/

the items in question are not pictured or mentioned in the write-up. I am not going to tell the people depending on the chart to be factual and fair things "Somebody said" without confirmation it is accurate. Show me something like this:

http://www.ipsmotorsports.net/produc...oducts_id=4309

so the customer knows exactly what is included and what is not. If TTi has it on their site then I will edit the chart right away.

I have no "Agenda" with the chart other than combining all the information into one place. As long as it comes off the manufacturers website or if it is dyno information posted with a graph on here that is good enough for me

Last edited by IPSjeff; 07-29-2010 at 10:08 AM.