Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-31-2008, 07:23 PM   #1
The Great KJ
The Great KJ

Drives: 09 Challenger R/T & 05 Caravan
Send a message via Yahoo to The Great KJ
Ideas for New Camaro

In every F Body creation it has taken about 3-5 years for each model to look really nice. 1st generation the 3rd year for the 69, the next I would say took much longer (1978) before the 2nd generation took form but the 80 was my choice for best. On the 3rd generation which came out in 82 it wasn't until the IROC of 85 that made that model sweet and of course the 93 wasn't decent until the SS model arrived. SOOOOOOOO My suggestion so I do not have to wait any longer is to take concepts such as that black Z28 with headlight covers and a awesome grill and apply that now. That alone would sell me right away. I would hate to purchase a new Camaro and then the next year production offers this option. Also the new Camaro needs to accent the hood scoop more. Strips are nice but how about something else. On the engine I hope a Mustang Killer is offered. Camaros must be faster than a Shelby Cobra. And my final thought is the pricing needs to remain fairly reasonable. I would hate the Camaro to fade away again because the are priced in the standard Vette range. No it must be in the $30,000 range. Anything over $40,000 and I just as well wait 3 years for a used one which would turn me off.
So let me say it again GM, Don't add features 3-4 years from now if they can be applied in the first year of the 5th generation.

Thanks
The Great KJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 08:01 PM   #2
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
tho i hear where you are coming from, i dont necessarily think that it takes 3-5 years for each gen to look nice. hell, id kill for a decent 67, tho i would rather have a 69 ss. the only good looking 80s ones were the Z28s with the gfx. tho a lot of people will argue that the 70-72's with the split bumpers are better looking.

there will be plenty of after market upgrades for the new camaro, but it will take a while due to the fact that the aftermarket companies have to get the camaro for themselves to get the dimensions of everything, then run tests and then finally market it.

there will be a mustang killer version. its called the V-6. lol its putting out more hp than a lot of v-8 mustangs today. and our v-8s will be a force to be reckoned with. as for the price, it will be comparative to the mustang of next year. basically price yourself a mustang and add another 2 grand to the price for an estimate.
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote