Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #1
jcieutat

Drives: 2013 SS 1LE
Post lowering question

I swapped out my factory springs with a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs yesterday. After I finished up, I noticed that the front wheels are sticking out past the fender. It is not a camber issue as the wheels are sticking out pretty uniform. The rear wheels sit perfect. Anyone else have this issue after lowering your car? It looks pretty ridiculous. I don't see how swapping out the springs would have pushed these wheels outward. It will be getting an alignment at the local Chevy dealership this week.

Old 07-07-2013, 07:20 AM   #2
Synner

Drives: cars
Alignment.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:55 AM   #3
jcieutat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
Alignment.
LOL! Tuesday my friend!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:36 PM   #4
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieutat View Post
I swapped out my factory springs with a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs yesterday. After I finished up, I noticed that the front wheels are sticking out past the fender. It is not a camber issue as the wheels are sticking out pretty uniform. The rear wheels sit perfect. Anyone else have this issue after lowering your car? It looks pretty ridiculous. I don't see how swapping out the springs would have pushed these wheels outward. It will be getting an alignment at the local Chevy dealership this week.
jcieutat,

Certainly appreciative of the pictures you posted and I'm happy to hear that you have an appointment for an alignment on Tuesday. By all means, let us know how everything goes and feel free to message me if you have questions or need additional assistance.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-07-2013, 07:55 PM   #5
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcieutat View Post
I swapped out my factory springs with a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs yesterday. After I finished up, I noticed that the front wheels are sticking out past the fender. It is not a camber issue as the wheels are sticking out pretty uniform. The rear wheels sit perfect. Anyone else have this issue after lowering your car? It looks pretty ridiculous. I don't see how swapping out the springs would have pushed these wheels outward. It will be getting an alignment at the local Chevy dealership this week.[

When you lower a vehicle you will change the alignment characteristics of the vehicle. Why did you immediately say it's not a camber issue? You put the car on an alignment rack and it indicated the camber was correct? What I'm tying to say is eye balling the tires doesn't do crap for telling you what's wrong with your car. You need a bit of negative camber added in the fronts. When entering a turn does your car feel harder to turn into that same turn now with the new springs? Get a copy of the Pedders alignment specs and take it to a good shop! That spec is a bit better for handling on your car. If the dealer won't do it to those specifications find one that will. I had a terrible factory spec alignment done from my local dealer on my ZL1.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 08:38 PM   #6
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
See the answers in your other thread (http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=306134), the one with more pictures that used to be in the 1LE forum but which has since been moved into this forum.

It still looks like +camber to me, but a dead head-on picture with a good vertical reference (like a carpenter's framing square) and the camera held at hub height and as level as possible would show what you have better.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 07:17 AM   #7
jcieutat

Thanks for the replies. I lowered my last car with a full suspension system and it had really bad negative camber. That being said, only the bottom portion of the wheel was hanging outside the fender. On this car, the entire wheel is outside of the fender. It kind of reminds me of the people that put a wheel that is too big on a car and it sticks out. I am calling this morning to get the alignment scheduled. I will post an update with a before and after pic of the spec sheet. I won't be tracking the car, I just like to punch it on straight shots! I want to make sure it is aligned to wear the tires evenly.