Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #1
Destructo09

Drives: 2010 CGM Camaro 2SS/LS3
Looking for advise on suspension setup.

Hey guys, searching for this wasn't really finding exactly what I was looking for.

I want to go with the 1LE replica wheels and same size tires on my 2010. I could go with the 1LE kit, but i've already got BMR 1" springs which I guess I could swap over to the 1LE stuff.

My biggest question is, for a DD that might hit the track a couple times a year, whats my best bang for the buck that will track decent. I don't want to just go throwing parts like sway bars and such on it. I do know sways need to be tuned for the tire setup and such otherwise you might end up with too much under/oversteer.

I think for the cost of the 1LE setup I could nearly do coil overs but that might be a bit over kill for.

So, I know i'm going to be needing shocks/struts soon, my rears were seeping a bit of oil but still had gas in them when I did the springs. So, my plan would likely be to replace with some better dampers than my stock 2010 has but I want to make sure they will work with my BMR 1" springs and then a sway bar setup. Should I go with some BMR LCAs and maybe order them for a 2012+ so I could use the newer style sway? Also, what would be a recommended sway bar setup for the 1LE wheel/tire package?

Hopefully that makes sense, lol. Long story short, like 1LE performance if not better using my current springs and replacing struts/shocks. If this isn't a waste of money/time let me know, I don't mind spending the 1500-2000 which the 1LE setup would run me.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Hurst Billet short shifter
Square tire/wheel setup
Elite Engineering Catch Can
Stainless Power longtubes/highflow cats
K&N Typhoon CAI
RPM Motorsports of Garner, NC dyno tune (421 RWHP)
Destructo09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 08:30 PM   #2
Destructo09

After searching around some I may have found some solutions, I could get some Koni Shocks/Struts along with the BMR adjustable sways. Hopefully the sways will work with the tires I want to run since they're adjustable? Or maybe i'd be better off finding some '12+ LCAs and then some ZL1 or 1LE sways?
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Square tire/wheel setup
K&N Typhoon CAI
Old 03-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #3
Colt

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS Victory Red
I have the early suspension setup as well. My car is a DD, as well as monthly autoX events. Currently I'm on BMR drop springs with their rear sway bar.

A few of the companies on here have recommended that my next suspension mods should be the BMR front sway bar (since the rear is adjustable, you can adjust to different tire setups, square or staggered) as well as the LCA. I don't know how your alignment went, but the shop I went to said they couldn't get within the PFADT specs on mine.

I have also read nothing but great reviews for the Konis, so I'm just waiting on my struts to wear out first.
Old 03-25-2014, 10:44 PM   #4
Destructo09

I went to a performance shop locally that had no trouble getting the alignment in with the BMR recommended street specs on the rear. He said normally he doesn't see issue with 1" drops but past that they start seeing issues.

I just want to make sure with the sway setup I don't wind up with massive under/over steer because of choosing the wrong sway bar setup with my tires. I could wait to install the sways with the tires/wheels but if I went with the BMRs it sounds like I could run my currently 245/275 tires and then re-adjust the sway bars once I go with the semi-square setup.

Having the 285s on the back will hopefully help with traction in 1st, even though I don't really plan on dragging the car it's sometimes nice to show the guy at the light who's boss on a very short jaunt to the speed limit lol. Although I may take it to the strip once or twice just to see what it runs. Certainly no plans to buy a set of DR's or anything like that, i'm much more interested in running at VIR.
1LE rear sway bar
SRP Racing Pedals
Square tire/wheel setup
K&N Typhoon CAI