Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 10-18-2012, 09:12 PM   #1
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE
Order configure of my 1LE

Well I am a Camaro newb and have wanted a one for 22 years. I went to the dealer today and left a deposit on a 2013 1SS and we did the configure for a victory red with the only option Boston Acoustic system and the 1LE. They will palce the order in the morning. I just do not understand why the RS package is $1100-$1300 and it said it comes with the smaller wheels but I get the HID lamps and a shark fin. Has everyone been getting the navigation for $795? The sales manager said they will call me to confirm that I do not want the RS package because I wanted the HID lamps as a stand alone option but they could only order it with the RS package. So anyway I might just cancel the Boston set up and get a striped 1LE as it should be the lightest way to get one.
VR1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #2
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
AWESOME, right here in the Pizzle, we need more Camaros. Get the RS package, it gives some nice options with the lights.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:17 PM   #3
MarkSS

Drives: 2014 Z/28
Add NPP!
MarkSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:27 PM   #4
Mgizzle

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1LE 1SS
Welcome and PLEASE add NPP.... It is very quiet during cruising and very nice and sporty when you open up the car.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

I think they wanted $895 for the NPP. For that kind of cash I can get a set of Kooks headers and a magnaflow cat back and it should take off a few pounds at the same time.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:50 PM   #6
Doglife1LE

Drives: 2013 1LE, 2004 Silverado
Congratulations on placing your order and welcome to the site! I'm a new member as well. Everyone here so far has been super cool.
Doglife1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #7
rrpilot

Drives: Chevy Trailblazer, Ford Flex
Quote:
Originally Posted by sycraft View Post
AWESOME, right here in the Pizzle, we need more Camaros. Get the RS package, it gives some nice options with the lights.
RS package IMO is a rip off on the 1LE as you are not getting the wheels but pay the same price as all others. Yes you get the ZL1 wheels but that is included in the 1LE option, so I think GM needs to discount the RS by several hunderd. Its a good deal on all other models as long as you get it at or close to invoice price.
rrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:32 PM   #8
rrpilot

Drives: Chevy Trailblazer, Ford Flex
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR1LE View Post
Well I am a Camaro newb and have wanted a one for 22 years. I went to the dealer today and left a deposit on a 2013 1SS and we did the configure for a victory red with the only option Boston Acoustic system and the 1LE. They will palce the order in the morning. I just do not understand why the RS package is $1100-$1300 and it said it comes with the smaller wheels but I get the HID lamps and a shark fin. Has everyone been getting the navigation for $795? The sales manager said they will call me to confirm that I do not want the RS package because I wanted the HID lamps as a stand alone option but they could only order it with the RS package. So anyway I might just cancel the Boston set up and get a striped 1LE as it should be the lightest way to get one.
I would do the COSTCO configuration to see what kind of deal you are getting. Looks like most prices you are stating here are MSRP.

http://www.costcoauto.com/GM/researc...?trimid=350657
rrpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 10:37 PM   #9
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Congratz on the order and welcome. The RS package is over priced when combined with the 1LE package. But even so you could not get the HID headlights, halos, painted roof ditch, and painted shrakfin for less after market. I bit the bullet and spug for it. I lso did NAV and NPP. But all this is extra weight for someone who is getting this car mainly for the track. My track time will be mainly for entertainment not competition.

Last edited by tramtwo; 10-19-2012 at 09:17 AM. Reason: Spellin :D
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #10
CrystalRedTintcoat

Drives: 2013 2SS 1LE NPP GBE
Quote:
Originally Posted by VR1LE View Post
IMHO, skip the RS. Lots of people order it, but the feature is really expensive and you don't get much with it in my opinion. The invoice for that feature is $1,188.00. When I configure the 1LE on chevy.com and pick the RS it changes the wheels. For me I definitely wanted the black aluminum wheels.

Glad you're going 1LE though. It's exciting to be part of all this!
CrystalRedTintcoat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #11
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
To clear a couple of misconceptions:

1. On an SS the RS package only changes the finish of the wheels, adds body colored roof ditch moulding, HID/halo lights and body colored shark fin. It is not a seperate wheel from a non RS SS other than color. You are mainly paying for the HID/Halo lights, body coloured roof ditch mouldings and body colored shark fin. Thats on a standard SS.

2. The online configurator is wrong and I wish they would fix it. The 1LE comes with black 10 spoke wheels. PERIOD!! Adding RS does not change it to the standard wheels. That is an error on the website.

3. RS is cheap compared to attempting to retrofit the HID/Halo headlights and paint matching the other parts. I know many will argue there are aftermarket solutions and that is correct, but they aren't factory. I would rather have lighting up to factory standards over aftermarket.

With that said, if you don't care about the HIDs then non RS is a sexy beast in its own way. I actually really like the look but since I will often drive at night with my kiddos in the car, I want the safety the better lighting provides.
newb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:26 AM   #12
right to travel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 1SS 1LE SW
my problem is that all i want and i think most others is just the lights and not the painted antenna and roof ditch but there is no way around it through gm
right to travel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 06:27 AM   #13
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
I too battled with the decision of adding the RS package to my 2SS/1LE order. After a few weeks of research I found there is no cheaper option to add the AWESOME Halo lights than to add the package. Even ordering just the lights from GM will cost you WAY more than the $1188 you will pay for the RS. It just boils down to preference and if you love the look, and quality of the Halo lights enought to pay the $$$$. In the end I decided to add the package, and I am very glad I did! Also NPP all the way, it sounds amazing(adding Mild to Wild is a must) and to have the option of a muffled highway experience is Great!
ST1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #14
VR1LE
lighten up Francis

Thanks everyone and thanks NEWB for clearing it up for me. I have decided to skip the RS package and continue with the 1SS 1LE with the Boston system as the only additional option as I have all the paperwork like this already otherwise I think I would just take it with no options to make it a bare 1LE track rat. I know it would apeal to club racers if I ever decide to sell it . I have heard mixing reviews on the Boston system as the stock is already 6-7 speakers and new for 2013 from what I have read.