Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 02-15-2008, 11:09 AM   #211
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
I'm sure the spoiler will find it's way back to the car. .... .... it better.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:32 AM   #212
neo2227

Drives: 2007 Chevy Tahoe sittin on 22'
Yeah I know... I Think I saw a pic on here with a very nice spoiler on it...
neo2227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:00 PM   #213
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Hey guys is it me or does the black and white one have bigger Rims on the front than the back? Cause if you look at them the front does look alil bigger than the back.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:03 PM   #214
smike07

Drives: 1998 convertible Camaro RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowRider View Post
Hey guys is it me or does the black and white one have bigger Rims on the front than the back? Cause if you look at them the front does look alil bigger than the back.
It appears that way, but more than likely it's an optical illusion. The front tire may be on an incline and the rear tire has snow covering the base of it. Not tonly that, the angle it has been taken at will enhance that effect. You never know, though. GM may have put larger wheels on the front to test something.
smike07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 08:39 PM   #215
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fbodfather View Post
it is not in the same location as the concept -- sorry -- not there.

Crashworthiness is the issue. Yes -- the Lambo has it there -- but the Lambo and the Camaro are two different vehicles -- and react to impacts differently based on the design.

By the way -- I had several C4 Corvettes - you will recall that the fuel fill was in the middle of the rear deck.

I don't want to tell you how many times --no matter how long I left the nozzle in the tank opening after finishing -- only to have a drop - or more -- of gasoline land on the paint.......drove me nutz.

Forget the headlights -- again -- autozone -

Thanks Scott! You guys working on this have either got to be enjoying the hell out of us trying to figure things out, or it's gut-wrenching listening to a bunch of snivelling when you're bringing back such an awesome vehicle! I'm sure most of us here would love to have even 10 minutes with you to tell us all we want to know about the new Camaro.
Enjoy our mania! You're a rock star to us!!

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 09:34 PM   #216
2010_5thgen

Drives: 2012 Porsche Panamera 4
thats my ride right there!!!!!! every time im gone for a while there are always bad ass pics that come up and i see them late. it looks amazing. and we get closer and closer!

Quote:

Crashworthiness is the issue. Yes -- the Lambo has it there -- but the Lambo and the Camaro are two different vehicles -- and react to impacts differently based on the design.

By the way -- I had several C4 Corvettes - you will recall that the fuel fill was in the middle of the rear deck.

I don't want to tell you how many times --no matter how long I left the nozzle in the tank opening after finishing -- only to have a drop - or more -- of gasoline land on the paint.......drove me nutz.

damn! i really thought that aluminum gas cap was a nice touch on the top.

maybe you can put a fake one on there just to have the look?!?!?!?!
2010_5thgen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2008, 11:08 PM   #217
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
Quote:
When you write a book about the Camaro, please make a chapter about the development of the 5th gen and make that the title, or something like that.
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 05:29 AM   #218
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
Quote:

I used to have a sticker I bought at a NASCAR store that said: "This vehicle may wreck or explode at any moment". Can I have the gascap if I put the sticker on the car?

Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 10:56 AM   #219
Gatecrasher
User

Drives: 1994 Stealth R/T Turbo
Quote:
A former co-worker of mine had a Porsche Boxster with the fuel filler in the upper part of the front fender. He'd pull the pump out, flip it upside down, and then take it away from the car.

I used the same trick with a friend's Crossfire. Never spilled a drop.

I bet the top-fill was nixed as a cost cutting measure. That decorative gas lid costs quite a bit more than the traditional stamped steel gas door, along with the engineering to change the configuration from the other Zeta cars. :(
Gatecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:30 AM   #220
therealkitt
5th Gen Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to therealkitt Send a message via Yahoo to therealkitt
greetings gents....i'm a new camaro fan, and new to these forums....

i'm in absolute love with this 5th gen, and will be getting a coupe in the summer of '09.

i have to say though that the more photos are leaked the less impressed i become. i'm really not diggin the rear end as much as i liked it on the concept...

compared to the spoiler lip it has been sporting for as long as i can remember when i first saw it in 06...

maybe some of you concept cam5 veterans in here can help me to understand if that's really a change i'm looking at...or is this just made to fool us?

therealkitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:39 AM   #221
Gatecrasher
User

The spoiler is likely to be a plastic part that will be bolted on the trunk lid.

Something that can't be said enough around here is that all the photos of the prototype cars are of unfinished vehicles. These are rough prototypes that are meant to be flogged to death for development purposes. They get run through snow and ice and corrosion tests. They get driven over some of the worst surfaces you can imagine. They get frozen in Sweden and baked in Arizona. They get tens of thousands of miles put on them in some of the most hellish conditions you could conceive of. They're not supposed to be pretty. They're not complete in that they're lacking badges and spoilers and some trim pieces. They're not anywhere near as refined as the final product you'll be able to buy next year.

Just try to look at the spy shots as a guideline, as a journey to the final car. There's still a lot of work left to be done. I have faith that the final car will be just as amazing as the concept. Probably more so because it will be real, and we all have the chance at actually driving and owning one.
Old 02-16-2008, 11:49 AM   #222
therealkitt
5th Gen Camaro Enthusiast

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to therealkitt Send a message via Yahoo to therealkitt
cool, fair enough. i would have just assumed that if the lil spoiler didn't already look like its molded in with the trunk...as opposed to bolted on like you mentioned. if it was a bolt on from the concept look... i would have just thought along the same lines of it not having all the badges and trim and so forth... thx for the reply...

glad to be part of the mix in here.... it's my daily fix...since i can't go out to my drive way and sit in it yet.
therealkitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #223
Gatecrasher
User

By not molding the spoiler into the trunk, that gives them a little flexibility.

Some people may not want a spoiler. I'm undecided myself.

Or they can fit different spoilers for different trim levels without redesigning the trunk lid. Sort of like the old base vs SS spoilers on the 4th gen Camaro, or the base vs Z06 vs ZR1 spoilers on the C6.
Gatecrasher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2008, 12:15 PM   #224
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gatecrasher View Post
The spoiler is likely to be a plastic part that will be bolted on the trunk lid.

Something that can't be said enough around here is that all the photos of the prototype cars are of unfinished vehicles. These are rough prototypes that are meant to be flogged to death for development purposes. They get run through snow and ice and corrosion tests. They get driven over some of the worst surfaces you can imagine. They get frozen in Sweden and baked in Arizona. They get tens of thousands of miles put on them in some of the most hellish conditions you could conceive of. They're not supposed to be pretty. They're not complete in that they're lacking badges and spoilers and some trim pieces. They're not anywhere near as refined as the final product you'll be able to buy next year.

Just try to look at the spy shots as a guideline, as a journey to the final car. There's still a lot of work left to be done. I have faith that the final car will be just as amazing as the concept. Probably more so because it will be real, and we all have the chance at actually driving and owning one.
To add to that, the prepro's are to test functionality and not form. So things like a spoiler dont need to go on. Same with the interior, they need to get everything in place to run it but it won't be top notch materials because thats not what is being tested. We will have a spoiler availible on the Camaro. Has there ever been a production year where it hasn't been offered?
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote