Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #15
ChuckBuSSter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
Sounds like you need to disconnect the battery. This is just like any other computer out there. I'm sure the USB port just needs a reset and this is the simplest way to try.

Disconnect the battery for about 5 minutes, hook it up, go through to make sure your windows index correct, then attempt to plug in your usb drive.

I haven't had this problem, but I work with so many different types of computer systems for the Army, that this seems to work 80% of the time.
Good call. I tried it last night and things improved. One of the memory sticks worked flawlessly. I was careful to remove the stick with the ignition off. The second worked intermittently. I was over confident with the third and spent a fair amount of time reloading it with about 500 songs. It worked the first time I plugged it in but not the second. I wasn't real happy. I stuck the first stick back in, it worked so I left it.

I got home from work this evening and plugged in the third drive again and it worked. This happens to be the only name brand Flash Drive I have. I'm not going to screw with this for awhile. I really don't think this has anything to do with the drive. I think it's bad software. I may call my dealer and see it they have any service bulletins on this problem.

Bad software sucks!
ChuckBuSSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:40 PM   #16
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
My ipod quit working on mine today. I am stopping by the dealer tomorrow to get them to see if I need a software upgrade for my radio. One of my favorite parts of the car is the ipod interface. I really really want it to work!

I read in another thread that there may be a software update. I will let you know what my dealer says tomorrow.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:29 PM   #17
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
My personal PDIM issues

Its been a few months ive been looking to find other people with similar radio problems as me but i never actually posted mine.

So I suppose if other people had the same thinking as me, we wont really have an idea of what similar issues people are having....

so here is my story, as far i as i know.

-----------------------

When I got the car, i had no problems with my iphone (1st gen 16gb 2.0) or my usb key (hp 16gig). Everything worked fine.

A month later i had updated my phone to 3.0. I couldnt say if that had a direct cause, but im mentioning it incase.

It was around that time i noticed i began having a bug with my pdim.

The issue was when i used the radio to search for music:
- i would search for artist, n i would see a list of songs (instead of artist names), but when i scroll past the initial displayed items (like what is it 4 at a time?), it would show the rest of the artists correctly. If i scroll back up, the song names remained.
- if i go deeper into the search ....albums. I would see the top missing artists i didnt see in the artist search. N if I scroll down (past the initial displayed items, I would see the correct albums.
- same thing for songs (if you can see the pattern)

I stored the car for the winter, so i had disconnected the battery.
2 days ago i pluged everything back and had major radio display issues.
this next part i think is important.
- if i went into a CAMARO menus.... i began having the same similar issues i had with the iphone's mp3s, except instead of showing previous info, it just showed blank fields but they were selectable. Now for the menus that had submenus... if i went into the submenu, n then returned to the previous menu, the previous menu was returned to normal (or at least began to show more info i didnt see before).
- the menus that had no submenus (or the submenu level that had no sublevels) were not fixable n were always corrupt.

since i had seen that there was a PDIM update i went to the dealer today.

I showed them the problem n they said that there was going to be a recall for the update n that they would try the update (about 90 mins).

After they returned the keys to me, they explained that when you reconnect the battery there is a config to do on the radio n thats why i was having the camaro menu issues. They did not talk about ipone mp3 at all.

When i got in my car, every camaro menu was working fine again.

I plugged in my iphone, same problem.

I will call them back on tuesday after the holidays to let them know of the result n to see what other options i may have.

I still want to try with a 5th gen ipod (which i havent yet). since usb's cannot be supported by chevrolet (too many differences between models). The iphone may not be supported....

So if i plug in a 5th gen ipod n it does the same. Ill know for sure the radio itself or software of the radio may be the issue.

As for the issues i had with the radio menus... im not entirely sure i agree that the problems were the sole cause that the battery was d/c'ed and the radio needed reconfiguration. ill be more sure (or not) after the results of ipod 5th gen testing.

anyone else with these issues?????

sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:35 PM   #18
Darth_Emma

My iPod is a 60GB iPod with video (now usually called an "ipod classic"). I think mine is also considered to be a 5G ipod. When I first got my Camaro, the car would not see the ipod at all. So, I updated the firmware in the ipod and all had been fine for a couple of months until this morning. Now, my car's radio will not find the ipod at all. I tried resetting the ipod and I tried starting the car again. Nothing worked. I am taking it in to the dealer in the morning to see if they can figure it out.

One odd thing I noticed this morning when I tried to sync the ipod to the stereo was when I pushed the "Aux/CD" button, the stereo switched between CD and radio. It never listed "aux" or "ipod" like it did before. There is some kind of software glitch in it.

You might try updating the firmware in your ipod to see if that helps fix your issues.
Old 04-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #19
Darth_Emma

The dealer said my MMIM (multimedia interface module) needs to be replaced on mine. The said they thought they'd have it by the middle of next week.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:12 PM   #20
ChuckBuSSter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
The dealer said my MMIM (multimedia interface module) needs to be replaced on mine. The said they thought they'd have it by the middle of next week.
Is that the same as the PDIM Module?
Old 04-03-2010, 03:23 PM   #21
Darth_Emma

I just asked the dealer what the part was called that was on order (so I could report it here) and he said MMIM (multimedia interface module). I really don't know if it's the same as PDIM or not. I'm sure someone else might know.
Old 04-03-2010, 03:36 PM   #22
slick rick
SoCal Mayhem

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBuSSter View Post
Is that the same as the PDIM Module?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I just asked the dealer what the part was called that was on order (so I could report it here) and he said MMIM (multimedia interface module). I really don't know if it's the same as PDIM or not. I'm sure someone else might know.
They are the same part.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:58 PM   #23
sstphoenix

Drives: Black 2LT RS 5th gen
4th visit and i finally got the update this morning. still the same problems with my iphone.
i mentioned about possibly needing to change the pdim. they have to open up the console to find my code so they know which part to order.

either part they need to order (was a possibility of 3 n they didnt know which) , its a 2 month wait.

yay.

only thing worse than dealing with this was they sent me home in a g5 as a replacement.
sstphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:11 PM   #24
ChuckBuSSter

Exclamation PDIM Fix is on the way

I told a friend of mine that works at GM about the issue I have been having with my PDIM. He asked me to send him an email describing the problem and he would forward it to the proper people. The next day a GM engineer called me to ask about the problems I have been having. I described the problem. He asked me to try a installing the flash drive only when the radio was on to see if the problem improved. No improvement. A few days later he came to where I worked and installed a experimental version of the PDIM software. We plugged in one of the the Flash drives I had been having problems with and it worked the first time. We plugged and unplugged the drive many times and each time it work. I've had the software in my car for over a week and the PDIM has worked flawlessly. He said the problem was due to a timing issue in the USB interface software. The software wasn't waiting long enough for the Flash drive to respond and it basically timed out.

He said they are having a number of issues with this device and are working to resolve them. He said he would let me know when the production code was released and he would install it in my car.

I wouldn't take your car to the dealer to fix this type of problem until new software is available. If your issue is software related, you will get a new PDIM with the same problem. I'll update this thread when I learn any more.
Old 05-09-2010, 09:53 AM   #25
Green Monster

Drives: 2010 Synergy Green, 6-sp auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckBuSSter View Post

He said they are having a number of issues with this device and are working to resolve them. He said he would let me know when the production code was released and he would install it in my car.

I wouldn't take your car to the dealer to fix this type of problem until new software is available. If your issue is software related, you will get a new PDIM with the same problem. I'll update this thread when I learn any more.
I hope they figure something out soon...mine no workie!
Old 05-10-2010, 05:14 PM   #26
ChuckBuSSter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Monster View Post
I hope they figure something out soon...mine no workie!
I was told that the new version of the PDIM software will be released mid-July.
Old 05-10-2010, 05:41 PM   #27
Iwantone2
Voice Of The Voiceless

Drives: CGM 1SS RS
Really??? another update?
Old 07-25-2010, 01:26 PM   #28
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sstphoenix View Post
Its been a few months ive been looking to find other people with similar radio problems as me but i never actually posted mine.

So I suppose if other people had the same thinking as me, we wont really have an idea of what similar issues people are having....

so here is my story, as far i as i know.

-----------------------

When I got the car, i had no problems with my iphone (1st gen 16gb 2.0) or my usb key (hp 16gig). Everything worked fine.

A month later i had updated my phone to 3.0. I couldnt say if that had a direct cause, but im mentioning it incase.

It was around that time i noticed i began having a bug with my pdim.

The issue was when i used the radio to search for music:
- i would search for artist, n i would see a list of songs (instead of artist names), but when i scroll past the initial displayed items (like what is it 4 at a time?), it would show the rest of the artists correctly. If i scroll back up, the song names remained.
- if i go deeper into the search ....albums. I would see the top missing artists i didnt see in the artist search. N if I scroll down (past the initial displayed items, I would see the correct albums.
- same thing for songs (if you can see the pattern)

I stored the car for the winter, so i had disconnected the battery.
2 days ago i pluged everything back and had major radio display issues.
this next part i think is important.
- if i went into a CAMARO menus.... i began having the same similar issues i had with the iphone's mp3s, except instead of showing previous info, it just showed blank fields but they were selectable. Now for the menus that had submenus... if i went into the submenu, n then returned to the previous menu, the previous menu was returned to normal (or at least began to show more info i didnt see before).
- the menus that had no submenus (or the submenu level that had no sublevels) were not fixable n were always corrupt.

since i had seen that there was a PDIM update i went to the dealer today.

I showed them the problem n they said that there was going to be a recall for the update n that they would try the update (about 90 mins).

After they returned the keys to me, they explained that when you reconnect the battery there is a config to do on the radio n thats why i was having the camaro menu issues. They did not talk about ipone mp3 at all.

When i got in my car, every camaro menu was working fine again.

I plugged in my iphone, same problem.

I will call them back on tuesday after the holidays to let them know of the result n to see what other options i may have.

I still want to try with a 5th gen ipod (which i havent yet). since usb's cannot be supported by chevrolet (too many differences between models). The iphone may not be supported....

So if i plug in a 5th gen ipod n it does the same. Ill know for sure the radio itself or software of the radio may be the issue.

As for the issues i had with the radio menus... im not entirely sure i agree that the problems were the sole cause that the battery was d/c'ed and the radio needed reconfiguration. ill be more sure (or not) after the results of ipod 5th gen testing.

anyone else with these issues?????

This is exactly what is happening with my radio. I don't use the PDIM, but I have all your display/menu issues. My battery has never been disconnected. Taking to the dealer to have a look....

Tags
flash, pdim, usb