Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-05-2018, 11:06 PM   #29
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by gringo View Post
Who do I trash talk? Arrogant V8 owners who think the only real Camaro's are V8 Camaro's? I still can't believe anyone could think that way especially on a Camaro enthusiast forum. So, I promote the merits of the V6 and they hate it. I don't know why.

No chip here.
So, you come in here and bang on an owner for what you perceive is a slight to her own vehicle, which happens to be a V-6. Next you run on me a couple of comments ago stating I’m a v-8 owner so I’m golden.

It’s a hell of a lot easier on you if you simply report offensive posts rather than lumping all V-8 owners into the same category. You know nothing about me other than that I drive a V-8, therefore I’m a golden boy that can’t get in trouble around here... news Flash... report offenders and I’m one of those charged with taking care of said problems, and if you think V-8, V-6, ZL1 or any other model operator is immune from trouble, then you don’t pay very close attention...

You do understand that when others find your buttons, they tend to push them more often so they can laugh at the response... it’s the bully thing to do I agree, but it happens, kind of like dogging on someone that just lost their car in an unexpected flood situation. People do these things.

I guarantee I’ve done more to stop people dogging on other models including the V-6 on this forum than you ever will antagonizing others, (including moderators) because they drive a different model. Stop arguing so much the merits of one model over another and argue the merits of the Camaro. It’s simple. If you find an offending post, report it.. another news flash, it’s in the rules for a reason, we don’t tolerate it, in either direction. That includes dogging on SS owners who might be Golden... as you put it...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 02:39 AM   #30
anth331

Drives: 12SS
anth331 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:01 AM   #31
BMR Sales

Drives: Race Car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royal Tiger View Post
Picture from this morning. The water has actually gone DOWN when I got there.
That Sucks! I went through two Floods growing up in Upstate NY where my parents lost cars and much more.

as sad as it is, cars can be replaced easily. People going through houses being flooded have a long haul in front of them. I can still smell the stench of the Floods I went through!

Last edited by BMR Sales; 08-06-2018 at 11:12 AM.
BMR Sales is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 01:37 PM   #32
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMR Sales View Post
That Sucks! I went through two Floods growing up in Upstate NY where my parents lost cars and much more.

as sad as it is, cars can be replaced easily. People going through houses being flooded have a long haul in front of them. I can still smell the stench of the Floods I went through!
There are certain things, particular smells for me, that never go away... As a paramedic / FF, I have the scent I'll never lose.

Strange how we remember certain things like it's right there with us.

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 11:37 PM   #33
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
Quote:
Picture from this morning. The water has actually gone DOWN when I got there.
Holy crap DW I am so sorry. Hope it was not as bad inside as it looks from the outside. My Parents got water in their basement for the first time in 30 years from that last storm and they live up the mountain from where I used to live.

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:43 AM   #34
Royal Tiger
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stewart View Post
Holy crap DW I am so sorry. Hope it was not as bad inside as it looks from the outside. My Parents got water in their basement for the first time in 30 years from that last storm and they live up the mountain from where I used to live.
Hey Stewart. My car was safely in her garage and we didn’t have any water issues. There was random flooding all over Lehigh County. Took me an extra 15-20 min to get to work that morning.
Royal Tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 07:52 AM   #35
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Very Sad!!!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2018, 08:29 AM   #36
12blkgrayRS

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS 2LT 6spd man

My car in Harvey last year, this was taken several days after the storm, the water level is lower at this point.

picture of it doing what is what meant for.

Old 08-07-2018, 08:24 PM   #37
Stewart

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS & Ground effects
Quote:
Hey Stewart. My car was safely in her garage and we didn’t have any water issues. There was random flooding all over Lehigh County. Took me an extra 15-20 min to get to work that morning.
That is great news. I didn't think it was your car but then I was like maybe he got another one on the other end of the color spectrum lol. Glad your car is safe as it is a beauty and if it wasn't your wife would kill you.

MY BUILD LINK: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484260
Stewart is offline   Reply With Quote