Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Road Course/Track and Autocross

AWE Tuning

Old 07-25-2017, 02:52 PM   #15
MJanowich
Door ding magnet

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS
I figured they treated everyone like that.

"When you're racing, it's life. Anything that happens before or after is just waiting."
MJanowich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2017, 03:41 PM   #16
Lafourche1

Drives: 2019 CLA 450 Mercedes
I have found that the local PCA club does a good job with their events. I have not had any problems with Porsche drivers and getting a point by. The only problem that I have had is with one C63AMG driver not giving me a point by and I just did a hot pit to buy some distance.
Lafourche1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 02:23 AM   #17
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
It only took him 6.5 minutes to give you a point by, not exactly sure why you're making this such a big deal
joke aside, here's a video of my old Rotrex BRZ with a couple of GT3s
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 10:53 AM   #18
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Provoste View Post
Shows vid as private. Need to mark it as public.

By the way- I'm a Porsche guy that sold my Boxster S to purchase my '17 SS 1LE and I know of a lot of others just like me. In general- Porsche guys are better than most at getting out of my way in the SS 1LE on track. I've had nothing but compliments and warm regards from Porsche owners regardless of event sponsor- PCA, NASA, Chin, etc. I hate it people make generalizations about any marques owners.
Couldn't agree more. I run with several PCA clubs and find them to be great folks.
NB such generalizations don't reflect well on our community as a whole imo. And if somebody experiences *consistent* lack of cooperation at a certain club, well, it likely has little to do with the Marque they are driving. Based on my experience.
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 12:04 PM   #19
RC000E

Drives: 2002 Corvette Z06
You had the guy really driving his rear view mirror towards the middle of the video...he was missin apex after apex.

Strange world we live in today where the "muscle car" catches the Porsche in the turns and the Porsche pulls the muscle in the straights...lol.

America has finally arrived....took long enough.
RC000E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 01:52 PM   #20
TrackClub

Drives: 2020 SS 1LE (previous: 2017 SS 1LE)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC000E View Post
You had the guy really driving his rear view mirror towards the middle of the video...he was missin apex after apex.

Strange world we live in today where the "muscle car" catches the Porsche in the turns and the Porsche pulls the muscle in the straights...lol.

America has finally arrived....took long enough.
I'd say America arrived 20 yrs ago with a C5, which is still an incredibly capable machine, even today and especially a Z06
I don't think the Pcar pulls the ZL1. I think he simply sacrifices corner entry for better exit effectively "getting away" in passing zones. Either way an entertaining chase and clearly the ZL1 is a faster car, which is pretty amazing.
To me, there is no fun if I don't have to "work" for a pass. But, we are all different
TrackClub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 07:16 PM   #21
OminouSS

Drives: Red Hot track candy
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
I'd say America arrived 20 yrs ago with a C5, which is still an incredibly capable machine, even today and especially a Z06
I don't think the Pcar pulls the ZL1. I think he simply sacrifices corner entry for better exit effectively "getting away" in passing zones. Either way an entertaining chase and clearly the ZL1 is a faster car, which is pretty amazing.
To me, there is no fun if I don't have to "work" for a pass. But, we are all different

...sigh...
Old 07-26-2017, 07:17 PM   #22
OminouSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackClub View Post
Couldn't agree more. I run with several PCA clubs and find them to be great folks.
NB such generalizations don't reflect well on our community as a whole imo. And if somebody experiences *consistent* lack of cooperation at a certain club, well, it likely has little to do with the Marque they are driving. Based on my experience.
...sigh...sigh...
Old 07-26-2017, 07:23 PM   #23
OminouSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbar View Post
This is one of the most disgusting things I've seen recently. SHAME on the flagers for doing nothing about it.

PS- Porsche drivers in my region are really nice, it's BMW drivers that drive me nuts
lol. Most of the Porsches are towed to the track by X5's.
Old 07-29-2017, 12:05 PM   #24
OminouSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamcem View Post
It only took him 6.5 minutes to give you a point by, not exactly sure why you're making this such a big deal
joke aside, here's a video of my old Rotrex BRZ with a couple of GT3s
Thats good driving Cem. That engine had to be a $10,000 build. Crazy fast. Those 3's could not have enjoyed that.
Old 07-29-2017, 02:08 PM   #25
glamcem

Drives: '19 RivrsdBlu 1LE ('17 1LE HB sold)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OminouSS View Post
Thats good driving Cem. That engine had to be a $10,000 build. Crazy fast. Those 3's could not have enjoyed that.
Thanks, I think it's because of the driver. The driver in the Mini cooper is a lot more experienced IMO Also the engine build was not that expensive at all. I think I paid about $3500 for the Rotrex Supercharger kit and installed it by myself. It was making about 265whp on the dyno but heat soak was very noticeable at the track and throttle mapping (even after 25-30 tune revisions) got never better, ugh. I could barely pass the stock S2000s on the straights so I decided to sell it. Too bad the rest of the car was really good (handling, interior space, ergonomics.. etc) except the motor. BRZ/FRS motor and the torque dip sucks

Here's another video when I was bone stock (except tires) on the same exact track and coincidentally! against the same exact GT3. It's a great way to compare the power vs handling
glamcem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 03:39 PM   #26
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
Porsche and BMW drivers have big egos about their cars. Raced this cocky Porsche Cayman and beat it from start to finish. Thought he was going to cry. That shut him up real fast
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:03 PM   #27
Provoste

Drives: E46 S54 race car, 964C2
Quote:
Originally Posted by CruzySS View Post
Porsche and BMW drivers have big egos about their cars. Raced this cocky Porsche Cayman and beat it from start to finish. Thought he was going to cry. That shut him up real fast
Raced? Please explain. If you're talking about an HPDE- that ain't racing. Students who think of HPDE's as racing is what makes it dangerous.
Provoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 05:47 PM   #28
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
1/4" mile drag strip open to the public
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote