Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic

Old 02-12-2017, 03:00 PM   #1
Navy Chief MoonsSS

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Any meets close to Andrews AFB?

Sup fellas,

Just moved to MD. Stationed at JB Andrews and looking for the local stuff...clubs...meets...events any/all of it. Haven't found anything close yet. I know Baltimore and VA has some but that's over an hour drive...which is fine...but I was hoping there were some things real close...like maybe Waldorf or DC area.

Thanks for your replies.

-Ryan
SC (SLP TVS2300),
Black wing CAI (designed for SLP SC)
JRE super tensioner
Fuel system (ZL1pump/ADM control module/ID850 injectors)
wheels/tires
NGK TR7IX plugs
MSD wires
ZR1 3 bar map sensor
160° thermostat
Crank pin kit
Navy Chief MoonsSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 07:55 PM   #2
b4wheeler

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS Vert
Southern MD Camaro Club meets mostly in southern md near Pax Naval base, but every other weekend they are in @Waldorf at Einstein Bagels. Good group and hey do a bunch of rides and parades during the year.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:26 PM   #3
00 Z/28

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Both are a little bit of a hike for you, but Hunt Valley, MD and Great Falls, VA cars and coffees are both great groups. I attend the Hunt Valley C&C in the summer a decent bit. Every Saturday morning.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:47 PM   #4
FNxR3DNECK

Drives: 2017 SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Navy Chief MoonsSS View Post
Sup fellas,

Just moved to MD. Stationed at JB Andrews and looking for the local stuff...clubs...meets...events any/all of it. Haven't found anything close yet. I know Baltimore and VA has some but that's over an hour drive...which is fine...but I was hoping there were some things real close...like maybe Waldorf or DC area.

Thanks for your replies.

-Ryan
Hey Chief/Ryan,

AF guy here, I work on Fort Meade and live in Crofton about 30min north of Andrews, I've been to the Great Falls VA C&C twice this year and it's worth the hour drive! I do want to check out the Hunt Valley meet soon, and will definitely check out the Southern MD Camaro Club!

We are going to Great Falls again this coming Saturday, would love to have another camaro parked with mine (there's tons of stangs there but only a few camaros). You will have to get up early though, most people show up between 7-730, but it's worth it!
Old 02-13-2017, 05:16 AM   #5
b4wheeler

Annapolis has a Car and Coffee meet also. Been twice, once with the Camaro. It is OK, lots of nice Porsche, Ferrari. Sometimes some cool old classics. And it is only 30 minutes away.

I would definitely be interested in going to Great Falls one time...
Old 02-22-2017, 10:46 AM   #6
bhillakaiceberg

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS & 2017 1SS
Every Sunday Morning 830ish-10AM Local Car Meet Burtonsville MD. They call it the Church of the Holy Donut. This Sunday Morning meet has been around for quite a while. Me and a bunch of Camaros are usually out there every Sunday as long as it is not raining of course.

Burtonsville Crossing (Roy Rogers Parking Lot)
15662 Columbia Pike
Burtonsville, MD 20866

2017 Chevrolet Camaro 1SS Auto
9.29 @144.57mph ALL MOTOR SBE

#TEAMGPI Gwatney Performance Innovation

bhillakaiceberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2017, 07:46 PM   #7
b4wheeler

https://www.facebook.com/events/7334...A%22null%22%7D
Old 03-07-2017, 08:15 PM   #8
Navy Chief MoonsSS

Drives: 2010 2SS LS3
Awesome replies gentlemen! I am going to definitely come to as many of these events as I can!!! I am currently car-less though lol...mine is in the shop getting its Getty-Up added. I should have it back by my Bday hopefully (21 March) then I can start enjoying it. Gonna bring my 3 year old son along...as he will love all of the cars. Also going to OC in May and Frederick in June hope to see you all around!
SC (SLP TVS2300),
Black wing CAI (designed for SLP SC)
JRE super tensioner
Fuel system (ZL1pump/ADM control module/ID850 injectors)
wheels/tires
NGK TR7IX plugs
MSD wires
ZR1 3 bar map sensor
160° thermostat
Crank pin kit
Navy Chief MoonsSS is offline   Reply With Quote