Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 03-30-2013, 02:27 AM   #12307
tramtwo

Drives: 2021 1LE
Happy Easter guys!!

tramtwo posted this on the go
tramtwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 07:24 AM   #12308
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
36 and another 14 who get them will join.
About what I was thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet View Post

Well....

It is available in .....
...White!

Happy Easter Everyone!!!!

So, Becky. How many PMs have you received to get on your waiting list? Hmmmmmmmmm

And yes, I thought about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tramtwo View Post
Happy Easter guys!!

tramtwo posted this on the go
Yessssir, same to you and yours.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:33 AM   #12309
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Just for fun.
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2013, 07:47 AM   #12310
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Now for another prediction.......how many members on this site will actually end up with a Z28?
I'm wondering how many will end up at Carmax after a year or two when people realize they can't live without some of the stuff ripped out.
Old 03-30-2013, 12:32 PM   #12311
LOWDOWN
Downright Upright

Drives: Daily
What's "missing" at this moment are:

1) Price

2) Final Base content...and available options

With "Spring '14 delivery", barring unforeseen issues, I'd suggest anyone seriously interested get in touch with their favored volume (read: allocations-available) dealer and get on a list...or two... There's plenty of time to decide the economics by the time 1) and 2) are known...and GM starts accepting actual orders.

But there WON'T be plenty of "space"...especially for the '14 MY.
LOWDOWN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:08 PM   #12312
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by FenwickHockey65 View Post
I'm wondering how many will end up at Carmax after a year or two when people realize they can't live without some of the stuff ripped out.
There are always going to be one or two, but at what I think the price is those few will end up trading in for a Vette or ZL1 at a Chevy store. People like Becky will have the buyers they need to fix bad choices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOWDOWN View Post
What's "missing" at this moment are:

1) Price

2) Final Base content...and available options

With "Spring '14 delivery", barring unforeseen issues, I'd suggest anyone seriously interested get in touch with their favored volume (read: allocations-available) dealer and get on a list...or two... There's plenty of time to decide the economics by the time 1) and 2) are known...and GM starts accepting actual orders.

But there WON'T be plenty of "space"...especially for the '14 MY.
Good thing I have special friends that just happen to own a Chevy store

#3, how does it feel to have the HOUSE promise fulfilled?
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #12313
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Your thoughts; any chance the CCB and Recaro seats will be options?
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:29 PM   #12314
Blizzard
Searching for the truth

Drives: 85 K-10, 13 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
Your thoughts; any chance the CCB and Recaro seats will be options?
Recaro's will be standard.

CCB I hope to god are an option
Old 03-30-2013, 06:19 PM   #12315
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post

#3, how does it feel to have the HOUSE promise fulfilled?
I just went back and read Post #1, the start of The House. October 2009, 3 1/2 years ago. A passion for a product that has finally arrived. I read Scott's email to the faithful today, and he acknowledges that the ZL1 was originally supposed to be the Z28. It almost came to be but we had to wait even longer.

I have wondered what would happen to this thread if and when Shno's Z28 (Z/28) arrived. I think it has transcended the car and really is about the spirit of what it represents.

I watched the reveal live and it gave me goosebumps. (it also broke my heart but that is another story)

I believe the Camaro story remains far from over. As long as GM remains healthy and right minded folk are running the store (Mr. Reuss) I expect that story to continue well beyond what may or may not come to be in any future car the carries the Camaro name.

I remember walking into a conference room many many years ago with basic line drawings of a next generation Camaro/Firebird replacement and an "oh by the way we can do a sedan of is well" car that became the first CTS. The sedan came to be but the F-cars did not.

As I've recounted here previously, the Camaro has a special plate in my heart. For some reason in many of the major milestones in my life there seemed to be a Camaro there. Some good and some bad but a lot of Camaros over the years. And Camaro5 and this thread and the virtual friendships and commeraderie only continue that for me.

So, Pete, long answer to a short question.

I guess the short answer is pretty cool. But as it was started for Shno, I guess he holds the true key to the answer.
Old 03-30-2013, 07:17 PM   #12316
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
The dream, the fantasy is always better than the reality of anything, but this car being "almost" over the top is quite AWESOME!
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 08:36 PM   #12317
Blueclyde

Drives: 2023 ZLE
I want to say Congrats to all of you in this thread that have been waiting so long. I have meandered in and out of this thread over the past three years and have learned a lot from it by just reading the posts. I have owned 3 fifth gens, a 10 SS, 11 SS and now a 12 ZL1. Some of you have been holding out for this car not knowing if it would ever come.

Well it's coming and man is it going to be worth the wait. I just hope you all can actually get your hands on one as it seems like it is going to be very limited. This thing will be a keeper.
Blueclyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 09:28 PM   #12318
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
I just went back and read Post #1, the start of The House. October 2009, 3 1/2 years ago. A passion for a product that has finally arrived. I read Scott's email to the faithful today, and he acknowledges that the ZL1 was originally supposed to be the Z28. It almost came to be but we had to wait even longer.

I have wondered what would happen to this thread if and when Shno's Z28 (Z/28) arrived. I think it has transcended the car and really is about the spirit of what it represents.

I watched the reveal live and it gave me goosebumps. (it also broke my heart but that is another story)

I believe the Camaro story remains far from over. As long as GM remains healthy and right minded folk are running the store (Mr. Reuss) I expect that story to continue well beyond what may or may not come to be in any future car the carries the Camaro name.

I remember walking into a conference room many many years ago with basic line drawings of a next generation Camaro/Firebird replacement and an "oh by the way we can do a sedan of is well" car that became the first CTS. The sedan came to be but the F-cars did not.

As I've recounted here previously, the Camaro has a special plate in my heart. For some reason in many of the major milestones in my life there seemed to be a Camaro there. Some good and some bad but a lot of Camaros over the years. And Camaro5 and this thread and the virtual friendships and commeraderie only continue that for me.

So, Pete, long answer to a short question.

I guess the short answer is pretty cool. But as it was started for Shno, I guess he holds the true key to the answer.
I want to thank you for starting the House. I really do feel at home here. I am hoping that many in the House can make it to C5FEST IV Indy this August. It would be great to be together for an evening. I did put in a request to have the Z/28 and Mark at the FEST running the AC. How great would it be to have some private time at the AC with just the Z/28 and those from the House on Friday night

If the Z/28 can't make it, the L/28 will have to do. Who is planning on attending the FEST?
Old 03-30-2013, 09:33 PM   #12319
JusticePete

Allow me to post whore for a moment.

Remember when the ZL1 was released? Some thought the House was passe or that it was now the House of ZL1. Geez, they even moved the House or tried to move the House This is, was and always will be Shno's House of
Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 PM   #12320
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
I want to thank you for starting the House. I really do feel at home here. I am hoping that many in the House can make it to C5FEST IV Indy this August. It would be great to be together for an evening. I did put in a request to have the Z/28 and Mark at the FEST running the AC. How great would it be to have some private time at the AC with just the Z/28 and those from the House on Friday night

If the Z/28 can't make it, the L/28 will have to do. Who is planning on attending the FEST?
Count me in

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
"number z", 2014 700hp z/28, 3/27/2013, 75k, super de duper z thread, thread for the zed, what'z up?, where's our z/28, why no big z?, z/28 spring 2014