Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-21-2009, 07:17 PM   #1
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
Thumbs up MOTORIZED FRONT LICENSE PLATE

Just got back from England (vacation) and couldnt wait to put my motorised plate on. You push the button on the remote it slides out from under the car and then goes up. you push another and it goes down and slides back under the car out of view. There is a slight edge that you can see but insignificant considering the overal reason for this device.

Useful as we MUST have a front license plate in BC Canada but I couldnt stand ruining the look of the front with the front plate on.

This way is the perfect balance!!

Hope you like!

BTW I got it from SWIFTMOTORSPORTS.COM

Well worth it!
Old 08-21-2009, 07:19 PM   #2
TeddyP25

Drives: 2SS
Looks great... got mine yesterday, putting it on in the morning.
2SS/RS CGM/BLK GFX MN6418 Stroker.785rwhp/885lbtq.50 SHOT NO2..Pfadt arms,toe links,coilovers,swaybars,end links,engine mounts,dif/sub bushings.MGWshifter.Tick LVL 3.ARH1 7/8 LT's/ARH exhaust.ADM gauges/race CAI.E-FORCE SC.8 rib IW 10%OD.LPE dual pump/module.85lb inj,custom valve covers.RMCR tune.TOOLEY RACING CAM.JRE posi kit.JRE fuel upgrade.RX MONSTER CatchCan.DSS axels/DS.Hammerhead rear, 3:73's. WYOSPEED builthttp://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=115687
TeddyP25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:21 PM   #3
Mayhem

Drives: 2010 2SS RS M6 Camaro (Black)
cool deal.

Seen another one on the forums with that setup... Have been thinking bout picking one up myself..

(I'm in BC too) How was the install? 2 or 3 holes and what did you need?

I wonder if anyone with GFX has this installed yet... I am curious if theres any difference installing on GFX... Havent seen ground effects in person yet.

None of the local maro's I've seen have it. Mine was due to be built this week so hopefully arriving soon.
Mayhem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 07:23 PM   #4
Mayhem

BTW.. how long did it take to arrive here in BC after you ordered?

(The swift plate)
Old 08-21-2009, 07:24 PM   #5
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
cool deal.

Seen another one on the forums with that setup... Have been thinking bout picking one up myself..

(I'm in BC too) How was the install? 2 or 3 holes and what did you need?

I wonder if anyone with GFX has this installed yet... I am curious if theres any difference installing on GFX... Havent seen ground effects in person yet.

None of the local maro's I've seen have it. Mine was due to be built this week so hopefully arriving soon.

I have been told the if you have gfx you will not be able to install this.
The install was easy, finding the ground was the tricky bit.
Old 08-21-2009, 07:25 PM   #6
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem View Post
BTW.. how long did it take to arrive here in BC after you ordered?

(The swift plate)
They were on back order so it took about 30 days.
Old 08-21-2009, 10:41 PM   #7
OUR72GTO
2010 SIM Beige RS 6M

Drives: SIM RS 6M 66 Corvair Silverado LTZ
So does the remote have to be line of sight or can you do this from inside the car ? (after you were pulled over )
It there a hard wire option to do it from the drivers seat?

PS...........WELCOME BACK!
Old 08-22-2009, 03:42 AM   #8
Mayhem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
I have been told the if you have gfx you will not be able to install this.
The install was easy, finding the ground was the tricky bit.
Yeah... checked the swift site... Not gonna work with GFX.
Thatttt sucks... I dunno why I missed that before, was planning on ordering one.
Old 08-22-2009, 04:27 AM   #9
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
HEy Matrix, can you elaborate on the install. How about the wiring? Where did you go to get juice, the fusebox?
Old 08-22-2009, 04:48 AM   #10
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUR72GTO View Post
So does the remote have to be line of sight or can you do this from inside the car ? (after you were pulled over )
It there a hard wire option to do it from the drivers seat?

PS...........WELCOME BACK!
Thanks Steve. The remote is radio frequency. You can be inside your house and turn it on/off or inside your car while the cop is getting ready to come to you (cough cough).
You do NOT need hard wire to the drivers seat. I just have the remote fob with my car key. Works amazing!
Old 08-22-2009, 04:56 AM   #11
Matrix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xmicro_SS View Post
HEy Matrix, can you elaborate on the install. How about the wiring? Where did you go to get juice, the fusebox?
If you have the plate where I have it, the wiring is dead easy straight from the fuse box hot. You will need to ream out the connector a lil but thats easy with a few drill bits and a file.

The ground is the tricky bit. I found the best ground away from anything extremely hot to be near the top on the LHS and under a rubber shock absorber when you put the hood down. Sorry dont know how to explain it. I will try and take a pic so that you guys dont have to pull your hair out like I did trying to find a good ground.
Old 08-22-2009, 05:10 AM   #12
Xmicro_SS
Thank You GM

Drives: Sky Redline & Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrix View Post
If you have the plate where I have it, the wiring is dead easy straight from the fuse box hot. You will need to ream out the connector a lil but thats easy with a few drill bits and a file.

The ground is the tricky bit. I found the best ground away from anything extremely hot to be near the top on the LHS and under a rubber shock absorber when you put the hood down. Sorry dont know how to explain it. I will try and take a pic so that you guys dont have to pull your hair out like I did trying to find a good ground.
Pics of the wiring would be great! Thanks Matrix! Mine should be here tomorrow, I am looking forward to the rainy day project!