Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 02-12-2016, 11:25 PM   #15
Candr3535

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black Vert M6 #5591
Good luck.
Dyna-Tech Headers Ceramic Coated w/Super Flo Cats, JRE Custom Rough Idle Racing Cam Package and 125 RWHP Pulley Kit w/ 28% pulley, Custom Tune by Ted, ID850 injectors, JMS Fuel Booster, NGK Plugs, MSD Plug Wires, Roto-Fab CAI, Roto-Fab Big Gulp, Elite Catch Can, Mild to Wild, 90mm VMaxx Ported Throttle Body, Skip Shift Elim., D3 Coolant Resevoir, Separated Clutch Resevoir, and Fuzzy Red Dice..
Candr3535 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:20 AM   #16
King Leonidas
Anthony

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale_K View Post
Totally a guess but maybe the parking brake? Possibly try dragging the parking brake a little while the noise is happening to see what happens. I guess the chime will ring when you raise the handle but maybe you can still hear whether there is a difference.
Tried this last night and did not make a difference :/
Old 02-13-2016, 11:31 AM   #17
King Leonidas
Anthony

Hard to get good footage because the sound does not pick up well with my phone, and the volume of the squeak changes from minor to the sound of screaming banshee.

I took this video last night, at the start im going about 20mph, slow down to a stop and slowly start moving again. You can hear the noise from the start as it slows down then picks back up.

If I get more video this weekend I will post it but this is the best I have for now, again listen carefully it may be hard to hear

*** The noise is there before I hit the brakes and hitting them changes nothing, again the video does not do it justice ***

https://youtu.be/o6ZMHN9irv4
Old 02-13-2016, 11:36 AM   #18
SynergyGreenSS

Drives: 2011 2SS
I have the same sound coming from what sounds to be my front left wheel and possibly my rear right. Not sure what it is and I don't know what to do about it
SynergyGreenSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2016, 11:55 AM   #19
King Leonidas
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
I have the same sound coming from what sounds to be my front left wheel and possibly my rear right. Not sure what it is and I don't know what to do about it
Well lets get this figured out because I just hit 25k miles last night and whatever this noise is, should not be there. I don't like my ride sounding like a broken down junker from the used car lot
Old 02-13-2016, 12:19 PM   #20
SynergyGreenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Leonidas View Post
Well lets get this figured out because I just hit 25k miles last night and whatever this noise is, should not be there. I don't like my ride sounding like a broken down junker from the used car lot
Exactly. I put so much time and effort into my car to make it look great, then I pull up to a show and it sounds like a pos 1992 Honda Accord.. I've not talked to any experts about it yet but if we can't find a solution soon this might turn into something bigger than it is..
Old 02-13-2016, 12:24 PM   #21
King Leonidas
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by SynergyGreenSS View Post
Exactly. I put so much time and effort into my car to make it look great, then I pull up to a show and it sounds like a pos 1992 Honda Accord.. I've not talked to any experts about it yet but if we can't find a solution soon this might turn into something bigger than it is..
Mine started about 2 months ago I would say, but up until the past 2 weeks it was only happening after driving for more than 15-20 minutes, and didn't happen every time. But since about 2 weeks ago it has become an issue every time I drive, and now usually starts right as I back out of my spot.

The frustration for me is that I can't pinpoint the problem myself and neither can anyone else, its like finding a needle in a haystack except the needle is screaming at you and you don't know what to do
Old 02-13-2016, 01:10 PM   #22
SynergyGreenSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Leonidas View Post
Mine started about 2 months ago I would say, but up until the past 2 weeks it was only happening after driving for more than 15-20 minutes, and didn't happen every time. But since about 2 weeks ago it has become an issue every time I drive, and now usually starts right as I back out of my spot.

The frustration for me is that I can't pinpoint the problem myself and neither can anyone else, its like finding a needle in a haystack except the needle is screaming at you and you don't know what to do
It doesn't happen to mine every time but when it does it's mostly at low speeds. I had my friend creep my car forward and I looked at and around the wheel/brake and I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I think the first time I noticed it was a few months ago after hitting a pothole that I didn't see. Maybe that contributed to it
Old 02-14-2016, 06:11 PM   #23
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Op have you tried jacking the car up and putting it on stands then rotating each wheel by hand to see if it make the squeaking sound ? If it doesn't make it when you rotate them by hand start the car and put it in gear and listen for it .

In your video I could barely hear the squeak . When I did hear it it sounded like the scrapper on the brake pad or a warped rotor rub .
Old 02-26-2016, 08:07 PM   #24
King Leonidas
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
Op have you tried jacking the car up and putting it on stands then rotating each wheel by hand to see if it make the squeaking sound ? If it doesn't make it when you rotate them by hand start the car and put it in gear and listen for it .

In your video I could barely hear the squeak . When I did hear it it sounded like the scrapper on the brake pad or a warped rotor rub .
Tried that, can't spin the wheels fast enough to hear anything. I took it back to the dealership who did the maintenance on my brakes and they told me its not my brakes and they still can't find an issue and said that the only way they will continue to "look for the noise" is if I am being charged

So here I am, with no fix. ZERO idea what the issue is, and hundreds of dollars in un-needed maintenance.

I'm not upset about the work that has been done because at the end of the day at least I know my brakes are healthy and and in good condition. However I am VERY frustrated because I don't know who to talk to about it as nobody can figure out where it is coming from. I took a few more videos that I am about to post that I hope you can hear better but between the recording and rendering on youtube the sound is almost non-existent

It is loud, loud enough that the other night i was driving down a road at about 15 mph and people walking on the side of the road turned around to see what the hell that noise was coming towards them. That was one of the worst nights I had with it where I could hear it over the sound of music at a decent level and windows up. Most days it is only audible with the windows down but that night was horrid.

Anyone else had a similar issue?
Old 02-26-2016, 08:55 PM   #25
King Leonidas
Anthony

At 0:05 is the best noise I have of it.

I have literally driven around for hours and this is the best recording I can get

*** I am not touching my brakes in either of these videos. In the first video I am coasting at about 10mph in my parking lot.******
**** The noise DOES NOT GO AWAY when I touch the brakes either****

Edit: Please watch in 1080p for the best sound. around 5-10 seconds is the best noise, the second video sounded great when I made the video but of course it was nearly rendered out
Old 02-26-2016, 09:04 PM   #26
1Coopgt

I didn't hear anything ,sorry . Just sounds like a normal car .
Old 02-26-2016, 09:06 PM   #27
King Leonidas
Anthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Coopgt View Post
I didn't hear anything ,sorry . Just sounds like a normal car .
No worries, thank you for your assistance tho
Old 02-26-2016, 09:12 PM   #28
1Coopgt

This is going to sound weird but if you drive along a concrete divider like on a highway it will amplify the sound if something is there.

When I had my Grandam I would drive down to Virginia . In Pa. on parts of 15 south I would be driving next to the divider and could hear the brake pad rub on one of my rotors that had a slight warp to it . You couldn't feel the warp in the rotor yet because it wasn't bad yet .

Last edited by 1Coopgt; 02-27-2016 at 11:17 AM.
1Coopgt is offline   Reply With Quote