Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Members Classifieds - Parts for sale or wanted > Autos For Sale / Wanted

Old 09-20-2016, 01:21 PM   #1
nyisles13

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LT3
2011 Chevy Camaro SS - 6 Speed - ~34k Miles - New York (Long Island)

Hi Guys:

For sale is my 2011 Camaro SS with just less than 34k miles. This car was purchased for me by my father as an engagement/wedding gift. It was sold to him by the second owner of the car and customer of his body shop (my dad's business), who vetted it before buying. Needless to say, the wife is not too thrilled with the prospect of this car as our first "family" car, as she does not drive stick, and prefers something AWD, safe, and quiet

I live in New York City while the car sits at my parents house on Long Island. I have put about 2,000 miles on the car, generally commuting between my parents house and my in-laws on LI, and have auto crossed the car once. I put brand new tires on the car and painted the calipers red (see pics). I also added the transmission chip that removes the annoying skip-shift (best $20 you can spend on this car).

In addition to the above, the prior owner also added:

* Vararam Ram Air Intake
* Hurst Short Shifter (although I am assuming this could be factory)
* Performance Suspension, lowering the car to look way meaner
* We are not sure if he modified the exhaust - I was told it is louder and looks different than stock by another camaro owner, but it looks stock on the lift. It sounds great.

I love the car, and may end up keeping it. I promised the wife i'd give a good faith effort to sell it in order to continue saving for a house and/or get a more commuter friendly car we can use the occasional weekends we escape the city. I definitely wouldn't mind not being the DD for the night either solely due to the fact that I don't trust her to drive the car.

Nevertheless, there is no set price, just willing to hear reasonable offers. I'd love to give the car to an enthusiast who is going to take care of it and appreciate it for the car it is.

Let me know if you have any questions or would like to see it in person.

-Scott
Attached Images

nyisles13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 09:07 AM   #2
RedDragonSS2.0

Drives: 2017 Summit White Camaro SS 1LE
Keep the car find a new fiancé?

LOL just a thought... Good luck with the sale

Rotofab Intake, Borla 60606 Midpipes, Corsa Extreme Axleback
RedDragonSS2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 03:44 PM   #3
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedDragonSS2.0 View Post
Keep the car find a new fiancé?

LOL just a thought... Good luck with the sale
No kidding...just no words... tell her you'll consider trading it in for the Elmiraj
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 02:43 PM   #4
Abrahams11SS

Drives: 2013 ZL1 V3RT
Any issues with the car? Clean carfax? I see the badging is removed. Makes me think it's been in a minor wreck due to your father owning a body shop.
Ought to get a list of mods from the previous owner and that will help the sale. Makes buyers like me know more about what we are potentially buying.
Abrahams11SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 04:03 PM   #5
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrahams11SS View Post
Any issues with the car? Clean carfax? I see the badging is removed. Makes me think it's been in a minor wreck due to your father owning a body shop.
Ought to get a list of mods from the previous owner and that will help the sale. Makes buyers like me know more about what we are potentially buying.
Shaving is extremely common, I removed Camaro off the sides of my car almost immediately upon purchasing.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:10 PM   #6
nyisles13

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS LT3
Haha! Chances are I end up staying with the car, it just sucks that I don't ever use it, and the few times I could, I often switch cars with my dad so that the wife can drive if I know I'm going out and drinking, for example. It's just a little before/after my time as i'll be living in NYC for a stretch of period. Can't say I wouldn't mind using the money to pay the rent here....

As for the mods, the prior owner "shaved" it. When my dad inspected the car, there was nothing that needed to be done besides a general detail to gift it to me. I like the "shaved" look, otherwise would have ordered the badges myself. From what he can tell inspecting it on a lift, etc., it's never been in an accident, nor has one been listed on the Carfax. I will PM you the Carfax details and, if you are local, you are more than willing to drop by and see it for yourself as that is always the best way to look at something.

As mentioned, the only thing we personally did was replace with performance all-weather tires and paint the brembo calipers red. Living in NYC has certainly taught me to be more frugal and not splurge for the expensive mods, that's for sure.
nyisles13 is offline   Reply With Quote