Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-27-2013, 03:30 PM   #29
phongul

Drives: Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
Initially, if you so not really need a convertible, I'd recommend a hardtop with a moon roof! And if you really can't stand the chatter of that's a V6 instead of V8 then get a V8. However, most people undermine the fact that most people won't race ever. So the V8 would just be a costlier investment. But however, it's up to you. For a Concertible 1SS You could actually get a 2SS/RS 1LE for the same price I believe. The convertible itself adds 7/8,000$ which to me isn't worth it but I've seen a lot of people unable to live without a convertible top so it's in the end really up to you. Don't let me influence your decision too much, because at the end of the day, it you who has to like it, not us. I hope this helped.
phongul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 03:56 PM   #30
DaveA

Drives: 2013 Camaro SS vert
If a dealer locates one I should be able to see it before 100% commiting, right? How does that work?
DaveA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:05 PM   #31
Bowtiepower00

Drives: Previous Camaros: 69, 89, 11, 13
It depends on where it's coming from. If it's coming in from out of state on a dealer trade from another dealer, you are likely going to have to commit first. If it is coming from another branch of the same dealer, you will have more ability to back out. If the car has (major) flaws upon delivery, then you can walk. A lot of this will depend on your dealer and salesperson, find a good one and they will be a LOT easier to deal with.

If you simply want to see the differences between trim levels, and or colors in person, you might have to settle for looking at coupes in person, and driving a couple of different vehicles (a manual trans Coupe, and then an automatic Vert, for example) to get a feel for the car. Not many 1SS manual trans cars out there to begin with, and adding convertible to the mix is going to make one that much harder to find.

The majority of verts that I've seen sitting on dealer lots are 2SS or 2LT autos.

I would find one on the internet, and go look at it in person, even if it's a couple of hours away.
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 04:08 PM   #32
tohper

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Get what want like they say bud I comprimised a bit summit white with flat black hockey decals first thing I didwas had removed and had inferno orange painted on with a synergy varation I came up with. I wanted a M6 but only one they had I got approved for was 1ss so I declined for the A6 2SS/RS (dot like atm but come winter I will was shot in left forarm by .223 a lot of hardware hurts bad during winter sometimes) I had to go used route for my first time around after I pay this off I plan on custom ordering a LE/RS that can decorate my garage except on weekends and ill keep driving my current one provided I have no suprizes in the next few years
Body-removed stock decals had painted in inferno orange
tohper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:44 PM   #33
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowtiepower00 View Post
It depends on where it's coming from. If it's coming in from out of state on a dealer trade from another dealer, you are likely going to have to commit first. If it is coming from another branch of the same dealer, you will have more ability to back out. ...................

I would find one on the internet, and go look at it in person, even if it's a couple of hours away.

Ditto---I'd wan't to see the car in person before hand. Having purchased new cars more than a few times in the last 40 years, I've been pleased the majority of the time, but been dismayed by a few on what is passed off as a brand new car.
If I ain't seeing it............I ain't signing .
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 11:52 PM   #34
Ir0nM4n
Love me some Tacos

Drives: 14 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadieWingZ View Post
Dave ..... Think 1SS 1LE.... Can be done for the $40K you're thinking (or less per some forum members that have supposedly done so...) A 323HP V6 is no slouch, but if your heart is thinking V8, better go with it if its in your budget so no regrets later.
We have a winner... I thought the exact same thing, if you want a value added v8, the 1LE is where you want to be.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:04 AM   #35
Bowtiepower00

Drives: Previous Camaros: 69, 89, 11, 13
IMO, the 1LE is definitely the best value in the Camaro family, but it's not available in a 'vert. Do you want maximum performance or the wind in your hair? It's up to the person making the purchase. BTW, unless you order it from Becky at Rodgers, or someone similar, Good luck finding a 1LE Camaro without special ordering it.
Bowtiepower00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:23 AM   #36
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
Dave. i am 55 and also looking at new. my thoughts are a 2lt coupe and maybe a 1kt vert. u nit sure as verts akot if problems. i have a 98 firebrd t top with 6. I want a fun car too but a v8 is overkill unless u have a place u can go above 75legally. i aint goning to race or mod my car so 320 hp is plenty. i dont want rs package cause of summer tires. ss has summer too. good luck wuth purch. i wrk at a credit union too. great place for financing
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 08:36 AM   #37
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
I have leather in fureburd and gets hot with t top. clotg in a vert may be better dave. Leather in coupe would be ok. thats why i am looking at 1lt vert with no rs pack or 2lt coupe
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 12:49 PM   #38
DaveA

Hey guys,

I'm duking it out with the dealer now.

They found me a 1SS. Close to what I want but does not have the RS package but has the BA sound system (not something I wanted to pay for).

At first they wouldn't take my voucher as the vehicle is out of state, but magically said they could get it here by 7/31 (when the voucher expires) when I started to walk. After that they wouldn't negotiate down. List price is $41,230 - $1500 rebate - $1000 voucher for $38730. Out the door with 6.25% tax + fees is about $41,649.

What do you guys think?

My main requirements are: Black exterior, convertible, 8cyl, manual transmission. Everything else is cake. I would like RS - those headlights look killer - but not a deal breaker.

Thoughts?

Going far away isn't too practical to me. I'm looking at cost and having to fly somewhere and drive it home - too expensive.
Old 07-28-2013, 12:56 PM   #39
josh5781
silver bullet

Drives: 2010 camaro 2ss manual
i would go a 1le, and forget the vert if i had 40k to spend but i didn't so i bought a used 2ss
josh5781 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 01:05 PM   #40
DaveA

Guys how does it work buying out of state? What are my options? Fly somewhere to drive home? I take it I cannot roll tax and license fees into the loan?
Old 07-28-2013, 04:22 PM   #41
13BlackCamaroSS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
For over $40k that is crazy for a 1SS and for buying out of state, the only thing you pay for when you get back is registration and plates, all else can be done on your loan.

2016 2SS, NPP, Adrenaline Red Leather and Pads, 6sp, Sunroof, Black Bowties, Upgraded Wheels, 15% Tint, Kooks Headers, MBRP Exhaust, 1LE Wheels, Badging, Ported Throttle Body, Procharged, Snow Performance Stage 2 Meth Kit

Coming Soon: Custom Cam, E85, Ported Heads
13BlackCamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 04:42 PM   #42
LStick

Drives: 2021 Shadow Gray 1LS
I always felt that it was better to deal with the guy that had been sitting on the vehicle all year long, rather than paying big bucks for someone to hit a few keystrokes, and bring a car in, at a premium for me.
LStick is offline   Reply With Quote