Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-24-2018, 11:36 AM   #15
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427K View Post
Sorry, but I will be the odd one... Sign me up for those Electric Camaros... I will take that (0-60 miles) in 1.5 sec at 1/4 J any time. I will just need a V8 Rumble sound synchronized to the engine rpms.. haha
I'm not against an electric performance vehicle, just don't badge it as a Camaro. Come up with some other new name and advertise the hell out of it like Dodge did with the Demon. Get people excited about it, get them to the point of a black Friday mob outside a store with one TV at an insane price and then someone coming to unlock the doors excited and then release it. But please, PLEASE don't put a sound track to mimic accelerating with a V8 in the car. That is super cheesey and a complete ricer move.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 11:38 AM   #16
Rock-It Man
376 cubic inches of fun

Drives: 2023 Camaro ZL1 A10
A hybrid Camaro would be awesome at the drag strip.
Rock-It Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 01:01 PM   #17

Drives: 15 1SS 1LE
Pyroguy, I am guessing but the electric drive will be an additional options (RS, SS ZL1 Z28) to the Camaro trim.

In order for the Camaro to stay alive, it needs to adapt (evolve) for new generation, if not it will die... and the Stang will flourish.... Darwin Natural selection applies to everything..

Your right, that would be cheesy having a V8 sound track...With induction drive torque curve giving 100% torque at start-up this will make the v8 sound simple as an echo of past motor sports..
Welcome to the new phase of e-muscle cars.. hahahah I Can't wait...

I don't know if you have grand kids, but I don't .
Our grand kids will be like, "Dude, I just up graded my capacitor banks at 100GF, let take to the dyno.."
hahah
Old 10-24-2018, 02:10 PM   #18
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Quote:
Originally Posted by 427K View Post
Pyroguy, I am guessing but the electric drive will be an additional options (RS, SS ZL1 Z28) to the Camaro trim.

In order for the Camaro to stay alive, it needs to adapt (evolve) for new generation, if not it will die... and the Stang will flourish.... Darwin Natural selection applies to everything..

Your right, that would be cheesy having a V8 sound track...With induction drive torque curve giving 100% torque at start-up this will make the v8 sound simple as an echo of past motor sports..
Welcome to the new phase of e-muscle cars.. hahahah I Can't wait...

I don't know if you have grand kids, but I don't .
Our grand kids will be like, "Dude, I just up graded my capacitor banks at 100GF, let take to the dyno.."
hahah
Watch they'll do a EE Camaro (Electric Energy). I'm still of the persuasion to add a new nameplate and promote it. As for saying Mustang will flourish, I'm thinking that all internal combustion engine vehicles are not long for this earth. Another 40 or so years and most if not all new vehicles will come out with electric motors. However, if they are going to do that, a SERIOUS power grid upgrade needs to begin yesterday. I could see my grandkids talking about upgrading motors in the cars and/or upping the capacitance of the batteries or whatever they could to get more power. Mr. Fusion here we come!!

On a side note, where are you mining in your Avatar? That looks like a truck I drove out at the Silver Bell mine north of Tucson.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2018, 02:20 PM   #19
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Can't say I'm against hybrids either

A V8 hybrid has the potential to be an absolute monster in straight line speed. Think how most supercars are going in terms of performance these days

My concern is cost, like others here, but as technology continues to be used it usually gets cheaper for the masses. See just about everything ever in the last 30 years. How many of you can remember when a VCR ran several hundred dollars new? You couldn't give them away after about 15 years lol. DVD players were 400+ when I was young, same goes for Blu ray stuff a few years later, now a decent 4K resolution Blu Ray player can be had at around $100.
Old 10-24-2018, 02:21 PM   #20
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Hell, a new 4K Sony back when they had just came out was north of $5,000 smackers

I bought a 4K LG last year for $450 on sale lol
Old 10-24-2018, 02:40 PM   #21
Jayjellyfish212

Drives: 2014 1LE
To say the least.. the Camaro, mustang and dodge’s just should not be made or badged with any electric engine. If it’s the future I’d suggest they come up with new names as the era of gas muscle car is its own thing. An era we all currently still enjoy. We all enjoy modding and sharing info to on making our cars faster or look cosmetically different than factory etc.

Gonna be pretty lame meeting at coffee and cars or doing car shows or racing in the future to me once everybody has the same old flux capacitor mod. Oh wait they will brag that their car charges faster than yours using a modded plug in adapter wall socket. They can cook us lunch at the car shows or race track on those electric cars with the bbq grill add on mod. Again those future cars are just boring as hell.

Keep your gas powered vehicles as I am keeping all of mine for sure.
Old 10-24-2018, 03:30 PM   #22
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Well super unleaded 93 is $3.54 now. When they get enough hybrids on the road less gas being sold. It will be an open auction for Fuel companies to name their price for gas. Which means all other items that use gas is going to cost more money for operating.
But if were luck might be able to but it for less than $20 a gallon.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:20 PM   #23
CamaroFred

Drives: Miss Con Ception
From what I read of the article the electric motor will supplement the ICE. As they do in Formula1. Regenerative braking is used to charge the battery and give an extra 100HP boost. The drivers have a charge gauge and a button on the wheel to activate it. The boost runs down pretty quickly as the battery is small and light.
There is no plugging them in.

What's not to like about that?

It's like having a supercharger without burning extra fuel or increasing the wear on the engine. And saves some wear on the brakes.
Old 10-24-2018, 11:04 PM   #24
0-120

Drives: 2014 Camaro SS LS3
More parts to fail in a decade. Or less.
Old 10-25-2018, 06:10 AM   #25
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Hybrid Shmybrid ...Marty, where we’re going we don’t need roads

I really thought we’d be here already when in ‘66 I got my first muscle car a new GTO, remember that was in the prior millennium ...before the moon landing, before 2001
A Space Odyssey AND before catalytic converters !
Attached Images

Last edited by camguynj; 10-25-2018 at 09:59 AM.
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 07:02 AM   #26
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I like it myself, boost the fun factor, or you could just watch the future pass us by like a Tesla smoking a Demon...…. sure its not stupid money more like they are but hey ….build ability.... goes up.....
Old 10-25-2018, 07:30 AM   #27
ZEN357

Drives: 1991 Z/28 Convertible
Not thanks!!! I was raised on Gasoline engine's and Muscle Cars and that's how I want to die!!!! No electric cars for me!
ZEN357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 08:27 AM   #28
detamble13

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3 VR
Just don't call it a Camaro.
detamble13 is offline   Reply With Quote