Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-29-2018, 11:31 AM   #43
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper85 View Post
I noticed it was cheap on monday......only 1.22/l for 94 compaired to the 1.5+ in the summer.
Ya....but my cars in the garage covered up lol.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #44
pnwdan

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reaper85 View Post
You guys obviously didnt read the driving in the rain post. I said the stock tires suck in the cold ADD rain to that and there terrible. I also said it can be done you just need to be careful. Has nothing to do with not being a bad driver or being the best driver in the world. The stock p-zeros near 0 when it wet are the worst tires I've driven on.

By near zero I mean celcius so 32 for you southerners. Also I dont mean just at zero they start to suck at around 5-10 degrees.
And I said i live where it rains 10.5 months out of the year and have zero issues.. lol

They are a tire that needs heat to grip so you drive nice until the warm up.
Old 11-29-2018, 12:05 PM   #45
WoodBoss
"Old School"

Drives: 2010 2SS L99
Everything is beefier (breaks, differential, transmission, axles, driveshaft, etc) and heavier duty on the SS when you compare to the V6. If you want to paper race and internet drag race the V6 is far superior. If you actually go to the drag strip get the V8, it has more potential. Tires will not last long on the V8 but that is what makes it fun !!
WoodBoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 04:35 PM   #46
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBoss View Post
Everything is beefier (breaks, differential, transmission, axles, driveshaft, etc) and heavier duty on the SS when you compare to the V6. If you want to paper race and internet drag race the V6 is far superior. If you actually go to the drag strip get the V8, it has more potential. Tires will not last long on the V8 but that is what makes it fun !!
Lol ya this is so true. Most trying to convince people the v6 is only a few bolton's away from being a v8 equal have never been to the strip. Internet racing is what makes these debates so much fun.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2018, 08:51 PM   #47
15RS2NV
Ponies are for girls

Drives: 2015 RS LFX Red Hot A6
I stick (no pun intended) with Good Year Eagle Sport All-Seasons. I won't put anything else on it. While I live in AZ, when it rains it RAINS. These tires grip. Still have the staggered 245/45 and 275/40 on 20s.
H&R 1.8/1.7” drop, Overkill 80mm + intake ported by AFS, 1" insulator MACE, Accel Super Coils, THR cai, JET MAF sensor, Hurst shifter handle, GPP strut tower brace, CI ice cube tray hood vents (functional) @SemperFiCamaro
15RS2NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 06:18 PM   #48
Reaper85

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by pnwdan View Post
And I said i live where it rains 10.5 months out of the year and have zero issues.. lol

They are a tire that needs heat to grip so you drive nice until the warm up.
Theres a big difference between just wet and cold and wet. I dont know what the temperatures are like in Washington, but I know over bere your tires arent going to warm up on near frozen roads.
Reaper85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2018, 07:08 PM   #49
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
I was just some dummy fresh out of college and bought an SS with my first real job

It never put me in the poor house, if anything I was surprised at how affordable most parts was, and how easy it was to maintain yourself.

It's not German, and it's not over engineered. The only difference will be fuel mileage and how much oil it needs, outside of that you're still driving a Chevy
Old 11-30-2018, 07:38 PM   #50
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
If the price difference is only $5k in upfront cost then get the SS, you will be spending twice that just to match the stock performance and it will still sound like a lawnmower. Gas mileage is nearly the same during everyday driving and the oil only takes 2 more quarts.