Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance - Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs

Phastek Performance

Old 11-08-2017, 02:45 PM   #1
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Car Hit In Parking Lot

My car was hit in a parking lot last night. It was hit on the front passenger side. Damage is on the front bumper and fender. Unfortunately, it was hit on the crease of the wheel arch. After reading another member’s thread about the repair to his rear quarter panel, I’m a bit concerned that I’ll end up with the same unsatisfactory results if the fender is not replaced. So I’d like to get some opinions/recommendations on how to get this repaired. Should I immediately push for fender replacement and not accept just repairing the damage?
Attached Images

1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 02:52 PM   #2
Eric SS
#becauseracecar

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2016 Camaro SS
Sorry about your car getting hit. That should repair no problem. Good luck!
Eric SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 03:13 PM   #3
Jeanius

Drives: Blk/Blk 2018 Sierra SLT
Im assuming your talking about my car...

Yours wont be anywhere as complicated as mine was

A filler repair should be easy on that, you might even be able to clay bar all the marks off like I did, and then just get paintless dent removal. whos your insurance?

TRADED: 2016 2SS M6
Jeanius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 09:38 AM   #4
MANNAXMAN

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeanius View Post
Im assuming your talking about my car...

Yours wont be anywhere as complicated as mine was

A filler repair should be easy on that, you might even be able to clay bar all the marks off like I did, and then just get paintless dent removal. whos your insurance?
I was actually referring to the thread that forum member jingaling started, but I see that you posted in it as you were dealing with a similar problem. I realize that the overall repair will be less complicated compared to the repair of a quarter panel, but that's not my point. My point is I want it to look like it's never been hit. Initially, I thought that some of the paint had been scraped off and that the repair would require sanding, some metal work, some filler and re-spray. After seeing jingaling's post-repair pics, I didn't want to end up with the same results. After looking at it more closely, it looks like the paint is only slightly chipped. So PDR and touch up paint is an option. However, from what I've read and have been told, PDR is only about a 90%, maybe 95%, perfect repair in this area. Will I be able to notice that it's not perfect afterward? Regarding the dent...maybe, maybe not. But every time I wash my car, I'll see the touch up spot.

Now that I have examined the damage more closely, I guess my question is, what is the likelihood his insurance will cover the cost of fender replacement if PDR is an option? Would any amount of pushing for replacement I do make any difference?
1961 Volkswagen Beetle with Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (2009-Present)
1964 Volkswagen Beetle with aftermarket Sliding Ragtop Sunroof (Sold)
Follow me on Instagram - @gen6_2ss_vert
MANNAXMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 07:22 PM   #5
CruzySS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2ss
I would replace that 100%. A new fender is a couple hundred bucks plus paint
CruzySS is offline   Reply With Quote