Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-18-2018, 07:47 AM   #1
jokrz187

Drives: 2015 1SS
Dyno run

Well i finally got my headers done and the car dyno tuned. here is what was done. Texas 1 /78 long tube headers, high flow cats, magnaflow tru x-pipe, new ngk iridium spark plugs, pcm of nc spark plug wires. They bolts it all on and then tuned it. Here is the video. I'm interested in your thoughts/feedback. Those are not the final numbers, i topped off at 422 whp and 439 on torque.

https://youtu.be/Y8H94KfeUDo
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
jokrz187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 08:09 AM   #2
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Looks fine, don't believe in raw shot image captures though, your torque will not gain much exponentially with their dyno as with a good cam you should gain a good 50+ hp, and maybe 10 ft lbs Tq….in reality over those numbers. in reality...…….a little generous and don't know if it is std or sae or corrected.
Old 11-18-2018, 08:09 AM   #3
redcoats1976

Drives: LT W/2LT,blue metallic
figuring about 20% driveline loss thats around 500 horsepower.im guessing you picked up 100 horsepower.how much was the total cost per horse?
redcoats1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 10:02 AM   #4
NC_SS

Drives: 2012 M6 Camaro SS (RIP)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redcoats1976 View Post
figuring about 20% driveline loss thats around 500 horsepower.im guessing you picked up 100 horsepower.how much was the total cost per horse?
Stock LS3's pull 370-380 depending on the dyno jet

So no, he picked up about 40 HP which is usual for bolt ons with a tune on a dynojet

Still a very healthy number! More or less what mine was making but I always wanted 3.91 gears to go along with that HP

Maybe next time
Old 11-18-2018, 04:52 PM   #5
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I'd be pretty happy with those numbers. I do pretty much all of my own work, so I'm interested in how much a job like that costs if you are interested in sharing. If not, I understand that too.
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 04:59 PM   #6
LCPLPunk
USA-1

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS L99
About 1000...

Longtubes - 350
Tune with lifetime tunes - 380
Intake - 260ish
Ported TB - 150

R2C CAI / Apex Scoop / VMAX Ported TB / Speed Engineering LTHs / X-pipe / GPI port/rod-mod intake manifold / Circle D 3200 278mm Converter / 3.91 gears / DynoSteve tuned / 1LE Shocks/Struts/Toe Links / ZL1 Rear Sway Bar / Z/28 Trailing arms / Prothane Radius Arm & Subframe Bushings / BMR UCA Bracket, Steering rack bushing / B&M Tranny Cooler / RX Catch Can / Jannetty Tranny Dipstick / 2012+ Heater Hose / 2013+ Rearview Mirror / Fuel rail flip / Drake shifter / Oil Cooler Delete
LCPLPunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:09 PM   #7
pyroguy
Started#gottalovethatblue

Drives: ABM #831
Those numbers look good for a manual car.
'10 Camaro 2SS/RS | Aqua Blue #831 of 3,903 | Silver Stripes
Check out my build thread
pyroguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2018, 09:41 PM   #8
jokrz187

i have no issue with sharing my costs. So for the long tubes and cats, i bought them used from a fellow forum, $300. All the other parts needed, that came to $380. The real damage was from the shop, the total cost was $2500. That included installing the headers, cats, welding. Then the tune had costs to include the certificate to unlock the ECU. Thats the gist of it all. i'm very happy as the shop warranties the work and any engine codes i get. So i'm not sure about other areas but here in virginia, all the prices seemed competitive, and then there is ratings from each shop. i did alot of research on each dyno shop and actually visited them all to see. I chose this one due to just overall feeling that i got from them, when i took a tour of the shop.
Custom TSP Stage 2 Cam/GPI intake Ported Rod Mod /VARARAM CAI/Mishimoto Catch Can/1 LE front & rear sway bars/ engine cover/fuse box custom painted, strut tower brace, Texas Speed LT, Hi Flo Cats, Magnum Tru-X pipe, NGK Spark Plugs, PCM Spark Plug Wire, Painted Calipers, CF Spoiler w/wicker bill.
Old 11-18-2018, 09:59 PM   #9
zlathim

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by jokrz187 View Post
i have no issue with sharing my costs. So for the long tubes and cats, i bought them used from a fellow forum, $300. All the other parts needed, that came to $380. The real damage was from the shop, the total cost was $2500. That included installing the headers, cats, welding. Then the tune had costs to include the certificate to unlock the ECU. Thats the gist of it all. i'm very happy as the shop warranties the work and any engine codes i get. So i'm not sure about other areas but here in virginia, all the prices seemed competitive, and then there is ratings from each shop. i did alot of research on each dyno shop and actually visited them all to see. I chose this one due to just overall feeling that i got from them, when i took a tour of the shop.
Thanks for sharing the information. It sounds like you found a good shop to help you realize your dreams with the car. I do my own work on most things, so it's nice to get a feel for what I am saving myself. Keep on with the mods, my brother!!
BMR cradle & diff bushings, trailing arms, toe rods & upper control arm bushings
Hotchkis sub-frame brace
Stop Tech Z-23 brakes
4.10 gears, Eaton Truetrac, LPW diff cover
Best 1/4 mile 12.073 @ 115.68 mph 3,300 ft DA
zlathim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:02 AM   #10
J Rod

Drives: '14 BRM 1LE 2SS/RS
Other than the x-pipe, our mods are pretty similar. Our hp is almost identical but I’m about 30 short on the tq, surely the x-pipe isn’t the reason. Is this common with 1LE’s due to the different gearing?
LSA Blower w/ 2.45 Griptec, Reinforced Brick, FIC 1000 injectors, JRE FPCM, LFP Dual Pass HX, ZL1 IC pump, RotoFab CAI, Bo White TB, Coated Stainless Power 1-7/8" LTs, NPP, NGK TR7IX, Mighty Mouse Wild CC, AEM X-Series WB, Aeroforce Interceptor, MGW Shifter, Z28 Grill, Gary's Custom ZL1 Rockers, Hero Tails, Tuned by IMC
J Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 07:20 AM   #11
jokrz187

Quote:
Originally Posted by zlathim View Post
Thanks for sharing the information. It sounds like you found a good shop to help you realize your dreams with the car. I do my own work on most things, so it's nice to get a feel for what I am saving myself. Keep on with the mods, my brother!!
I try to do a lot of the work if I can. There was some welding that needed to be done and I don't have the slightest clue on how-to on welding. That was A reason to go to a one stop shop. if I could of done the welding or had a trusted friend, then the price would of been cheaper. thank you.
Old 11-19-2018, 07:33 AM   #12
acammer
GPI Sales Consultant

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS SGM
Those look like good a good whp to me, pretty typical for a car bolt on M6 car without hydraulic power steering. The wtq seems unrealistically high, not sure how they do their calcs but maybe a little blip in their rpm signal (which happens all the time - you get HP right off the rollers but the tq relies on that signal to do a calc) got you a nice extra bump.

Seems like a lot of money for the install, but if you're happy with the work and the weight reduction in your wallet, that's all that matters.
GPI Max Package 2.0: Brodix BR7 heads/GPI porting, MAX3 cam, ST2116LSR, BSR Max Lift rockers, LS7 LSXR with 103mm TB, Vararam OTR, Mcleod RXT, G-Force/Strange 9" IRS setup with 4.63 gear. 551whp, 11.1@124mph.
Got a question about a GPI product? Feel free to shoot me a message!
acammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2018, 03:12 PM   #13
Sales@Phastek

Drives: 2016 1SS
I really like the transformer decal you have under the hood! You really have a bumblebee here and these numbers are sick.

-Trae
Phastek Performance
Old 11-19-2018, 05:17 PM   #14
Joecruiser

Drives: 2014 2-SSRS Slushbox
Looks good to me...I'd like to get headers too. Any fitment issues with them?
Joecruiser is offline   Reply With Quote