Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro Convertible

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-21-2017, 06:03 PM   #1
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Borla axle back S-type - fit convertible?

Does anybody know if the Borla axle back exhaust fit the convertible?

They say except convertibles on the full cat back and doesn't have that in the description of the axle back like the 11922.
So I'm thinking it would fit.
But not entirely sure - I guess I could call and ask them.
But has anybody tried it?
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 10:23 AM   #2
camaromike77

Drives: S O L D
I purchased the Borla 16 Chevy Camaro SS 6.2L w/ Dual NPP S-Type 11924. It is axle back. I checked with Borla, and they advised it will fit. I have it in my garage, and it will be installed in about a month when I "unwinterize" my car.

Judging by the parts, it appears it is a pretty straight forward switch out with the existing mufflers. The cat back will NOT fit, due to extra structure features on the under body of the convertible.

I am trusting the S-Type 11924 axle back will fit.
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
camaromike77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 03:07 PM   #3
c4racer

Drives: 2016 SS Convertible
Perfect. That's what I figured. Thanks.
c4racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:41 AM   #4
ChadFarr
Instagram: @SSAVAGEVERT

Drives: 2016 SS M6 Vert
Does anyone have a picture of the convertible undercarriage?
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
ChadFarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:49 PM   #5
GunnSS50

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS Fifty Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadFarr View Post
Does anyone have a picture of the convertible undercarriage?
you can see part of it. There is a cross brace that is not under coupes
Attached Images

GunnSS50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2017, 10:50 PM   #6
ChadFarr

But the cross member is on top of everything, so a Catback still should work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2.9L Whipple | Compstar Rods, Diamond Pistons & GPI Cam | Mantic Triple Disc | Corsa Performance Exhaust | DSX Aux Pump | LT4 Fuel System | BMR Lowering Springs | ZL1 OEM Conversion | 360 Customs Built | And More!

Click & Follow My Build
Old 04-28-2017, 09:14 AM   #7
camaromike77

Quote:
But the cross member is on top of everything, so a Catback still should work

I thought so to, but when I spoke to Borla they said "No go". Did not want to "chance it", so I went with the axle back. Had it installed two weeks ago. VERY VERY happy with it.......
Borla S-Type exhaust NPP| GM CAI | Color matched GM side skirts | Color matched 3rd brake light | Big Worm Graphics smoked out tail lights & rear reflectors | Oracle ghosted side markers | LED License plate bulbs | Door striker covers | Jam handle | Engine emblems from RiverCity Creations | 50th Center Console | Black bow ties | Hawk Performance ceramic brake pads | ZL1 Start button | CQuartz ceramic paint finish | Novistretch bra | S O L D
Old 04-28-2017, 09:19 AM   #8
ChadFarr

Summit Racing is 30 min from my house. I may buy the Catback and if it doesn't fit, I'll just return it. Usually they say it doesn't fit Bc they haven't tested it on Convertible

Click & Follow My Build
Old 04-28-2017, 11:13 AM   #9
camaromike77

Quote:
Summit Racing is 30 min from my house. I may buy the Catback and if it doesn't fit, I'll just return it. Usually they say it doesn't fit Bc they haven't tested it on Convertible

Tru dat! Went through that "issue" with brake pads...... PLEASE post to let us know if the Catback fits / works.......

Mike
Old 04-28-2017, 12:00 PM   #10
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
That axle back will fit, it won't interfere with the cross member supports. I would bet you could even do their mid pipes because it's the same diameter as stock.
gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:02 PM   #11
gdgraph

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
This is true, I had a different car and installed a cat back that was about 1/2" larger pipe diameter and it still fit, it's just that it touched the cross supports in the back, they fit and I could get the supports back on, it's just that most people would not like to see the supports touching their exhaust like that so they say "it doesn't fit"

Quote:

gdgraph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2017, 12:22 PM   #12
SomeGeoffGuy

Drives: 2023 2SS Convertible
I wouldn't think there would be an issue on the axle back. Be careful with the cat-back, though. Those "Flat Pipes" that everyone complains about on the coupe are in there to clear the bracing on the convertible (so GM can use the same exhaust). If you put a 3" pipe in there you would probably be rattling.

-Geoff
SomeGeoffGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 05:31 AM   #13
Curr
Probably doesn't like you

Drives: 2022 WCT ZL1 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaromike77 View Post
I thought so to, but when I spoke to Borla they said "No go". Did not want to "chance it", so I went with the axle back. Had it installed two weeks ago. VERY VERY happy with it.......
Hey Mike,

In Stealth mode, how much louder is it than the stock NPP set up?

كافر
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
железобетонное очко
Quod gratis asseritur, gratis negatur.
There is an unequal amount of good and bad in most things, the trick is to work out the ratio and act accordingly.
Curr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:52 AM   #14
camaromike77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curr View Post
Hey Mike,

In Stealth mode, how much louder is it than the stock NPP set up?
A fair bit louder. Sounds better in person, but here is a sound clip put together by Borla. I used it when making my decision on what to go with. Hope it helps....