Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 07-01-2007, 07:40 PM   #1
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Vehicles I've owned

I finally got around to scanning in pix of all the cars I've owned. I've got some great memories with all of them. The first is a 77 Chevy Caprice Classic. This car showed me what a 350 could do in a steel boat. I took it off road all the time. It finally died one day while I was out mudding. Yeah...my friends loved it. I would go just about everywhere in my car that they would go in their trucks.

The second is a 1990 Chevy 1500. This was a good truck...had a lot of fun in it offroading and such...great memories. Besides the fact it would fall apart every week...lol.

Then, my 98 S10 w/ a 3 inch body lift. Fun truck...blew the engine...:eek:

Then, my first camaro...2000 V6. Traded it for the Z28

My baby...which was totalled,,,2002 Z28.

and now w/ the SS.

AND... post 2000.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
marczsport
GM Forever!

Drives: 06' Envoy ; 05' Impala
Send a message via AIM to marczsport
Nice photo history, TAG! Also nice to see you've been a Chevy guy all along! I've only had one "lapse" in the past- a Pontiac (hey, no one's perfect!). If I can ever get my scanner back up and running, I'll have to do a pictoral history, I"m sure you had fun putting that one together!
marczsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 10:35 PM   #3
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
PONTIAC IS OKAY!!!!!

Don't EVER put yourself down for owning a pontiac...the fact remains it's a GM

Oh, and TAG, very nice - can't say I've been around long enough to have a car "History". But I do have a small question for you, Regardless of engine, and history, on your Camaros - which color did you prefer owning and looking at everyday, the Pewter, or the Black?

Oh yeah, almost forgot...and post 912!
Old 07-02-2007, 12:25 AM   #4
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Thanks. It was kinda fun skimming through all the old photos. I've got tons more, but as time goes on, I realize more and more specific pictures I'm looking for have gone missing. I really have to get all of the good old ones I have now put in the puter for safe keeping. I've got quite a few in the fire proof safe...special ones. But, I'd rather have all my pix right here.

In response to them all being Chevy's, YOU BET! I don't really know how it happened. My first Chevy was purchased from my dad's uncle up in Cornelius, OR (just outsite of Portland). It was a 77 purchased in 93 and it had something like 60K miles on it. By the time I was done w/ it, I had well over 100K and blew the engine mudding....I miss that car. It was a boat, but was seriously cool. And from there, when buying a vehicle, only GM made vehicles have appealed to me...especially Chevy's.

I always liked the 1500 series pickups. So, I got me one. When time to get a new truck, it was either the S10 or the Ford Ranger...price didn't really matter and was close..S10 was a couple grand higher if I remember correctly. But, the styling of the S10 was far superior IMO.

It was at the time that I had the S10 that my brother and I moved in w/ a roommate. He had a couple fox bodies (93 Cobra and 93 GT). I suddenly had a great deal of respect for the fox body Mustang....holy sh!t was it fast...and it handled extrememly well. He got rid of them buying a 97 Camaro. I was hooked from there on Camaros and got my V6 because I couldn't afford the Z28. But, the rest is history. Got the cash, special order, got totalled, and now in the SS. I feel fortunate to have only owned Chevy's. I love'em.

DRAGON, it's a tough choice on color. It kind of goes like this. I LOVE looking at a clean black Camaro. IMO, it is much more beautiful than pewter. BUT, the pewter is so much easier to keep clean. Don't get me wrong. I think the pewter is a cool color too. But, there's something about clean, shiny black paint. Lemme put it this way.

Everyday I look at my SS, I think "WOW. That is bad@ss." ...even when it's dirty. When I looked at my pewter Camaro, I thought it was pretty cool looking and "man is that clean!"...even when it was dusty. It's a trade off really. If you have the time to keep it clean, go for black. I'd take black anyday as long as it was clean everyday.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:06 AM   #5
AFSNightrod
Back in Black

Drives: 2005 Cadillac CTS-V
Send a message via AIM to AFSNightrod Send a message via Yahoo to AFSNightrod
I don't have photos, but I figured I'd add my vehicle history to the mix. We can turn this into a vehicle history thread.

1986 Chevy Celebrity-Shared it with my then-stepdad, got stolen out of our driveway, was involved in a high speed persuit(how?), flipped, and burned to the ground. All that was left was the front plate.

1985 Chevy Caprice-$400, 305 V8, that thing was a tank. I learned to drive in the snow with it. I used to drift corners to try and clip snow banks with the ass end. Had it while I had the next 4 vehicles. Sold it for $400.

1984 Monte Carlo-$700 but I only ended up giving the guy $500. It had a 4 bolt 350 with a built top end. The tranny went after a month andspun a rod bearing. Sold it to a guy for $400 and a...

1982 Plymouth reliant- Car was yellow with a primer left quarter panel. I didn't have keys for the doors. All but the headlights would flicker on and off and I had to punch the dash to get them to come back on. Sold it for $50 to a friend.

1987 Subaru station wagon- traded a Cobra CB radio that came in the Monte Carlo for it. Great car. Had 255000 on the odometer. Blown radiator so I ran with the heat cranked. it never overheated. Had duct tape over the rust on the rear quarter panels. Exhaust was full of leaks and even had a can of cream corn and a flex pipe. Front differential locked up on the highway on the way to the beach. I let the tow truck take it to the junkyard to get what I could so I was charged nothing.

1986 Toyota pickup- Free for housesitting for my neighbor for a week. I loved that truck. Hit black ice and trashed two wheels on a curb. Put my Cragar S/S wheels off my Monte Carlo on it. I ended up selling it to a friend of mine for $100.

1989 Camaro RS- $2500.350 Truck motor. Still had factory TBI and a 350 turbo tranny. Pretty strong runner. I had that car for three years. By the time I got rid of it there was no exhaust past the cat, and the shocks and springs were shot. I should have kept it and fixed it. It was clean and rust free. Traded it like a dumbass for a Civic

1987 Mazda RX-7- $1700. Had no options whasoever except for AC. Was an absolute blast to drive but lost coolant all the time. Had to fill it twice a day. Sold it to a friend for $800 when I joined the army.

1997 Honda Civic-traded my Camaro towards it. It was my fast and the ferocious moment/stupidest mistake of my life. I was 20. I was following a friend to his house doing under the speed limit when I hydroplaned in the rain and ran into a guardrail doing 35. It totalled the front end. I had the junkyard take it away. I didn't have insurance. It took me 2 1/2 years to pay off.(lesson learned the hard way).

1989 Formula Firebird-$2000 off ebay when I was deployed in 2003. Had a 1991 TPI 350 out of a GTA and LT1 Camaro leather seats. Pretty fast car. Blew the tranny twice. The second time I was just married and home on leave. I left it with my mom to sell it and keep what she could get out of it. She sold it for $1000. I had furniture that my mom was giving me, so I went out and bought a...

2000 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4. Big black extended cab New England edition. Sat higher than most 3/4 tons stock. I deployed three months after I got it. My wife pretty much learned to drive in that truck. Put a Gibson dual exhaust on it. Sounded awesome. It was a great truck, but $60 for a tank of gas was not. Traded it for my...

Current ride, a 2001 Navy blue metallic Trans Am. I got it in October 2005 with 32,000 miles on it. It has a SLP intake and lid, and tomorrow my Magnaflow cat-back will be installed. I'm probably going to keep it until I buy a house. Then I will probably trade it for a next-gen muscle car.

Anybody else got interesting vehicle stories?
AFSNightrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 02:49 AM   #6
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
ive owned quite a few mustangs, a couple other maros, a bird here and there. the occasional pickup and lots of rice.

in fact I totally OWNED a civic drivin to work tonight, I saw his underglow lights as he came "screamin" up doin about 80, he passes me and flashes me a skoff look, so I let off the gas, and let him get about a 1/4 mile ahead of me and dropped the hammer. about 7 seconds later im doin 130 past him. i didnt bother looking at him tho, but those are some of the vehicles ive owned

Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:43 AM   #7
z28camaro2471
C5 Member #227

Drives: Camaros
Well I'd like to say I've only owned Chevy's, I have had a few "winter" cars that were not. No jap crap though, not even for the junkers, well here is the list, chronologically, best that I can remember. Many were owned concurrently in that one was my "hot rod" and the other took me to and from school and work.

1970 Pontiac Catalina - first car $100, lasted 2 months before the timing chain went, wasn't worth fixing
1978 Camaro - rotted so bad you could get your arm into the trunk from either side where the quarters had rotted bottom up, dumped this one after 6 months
1977 Monte Carlo - clean on the inside, rotted on the outside, ended up being a winter car for a few years after I bought my...
1972 Chevelle - 350, 4 speed, 12 bolt, nice 50 footer visually but ran strong and was pretty cool for a 17 year old who bought it with his own hard earned money (owned from '88-'92)
1976 Monte Carlo - bought for $25 (no motor, no tranny, no doors but it had a rust free front clip that I put on my '77)
1976 Granada - what a pile, but it got me through the winter, I think I got pulled over like 6 times that winter season (it needed exhaust and I refused to a put a dime into it) plus I was 19 with long hair
1977 Newport - another pile, another winter
1976 Nova - never titled or registered, just drove in the demolition derby
1977 Caprice - again never titled or registered, just drove in the derby
1980 Camaro - super clean when I got it but ended up driving it through a couple of winters while in college
1977 Z28 - 4 speed, nice and clean, sold it to get the '71 Vette (owned from '93-'95)
1988 TBird - daily driver, price was right and it had every option you could think of except a moon roof
1971 Corvette - 355, 4 speed, had this one over 5 years, possibly the fastest car I've owned, later sold it to buy a bigger house for the family (I miss this car, owned from '96-'02')
1992 S10 Blazer 4wd 2dr high mileage rot box but ran good
1994 z28 - nice car but it was an automatic in case the wife had to drive (owned '03-'04)
1992 Lumina - another pile with over 190,000 on it when I bought it, ended up with 225,000 when I sold it
1998 Lumina - actually was really clean

Current rides are listed under my ID
z28camaro2471 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:48 AM   #8
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSpike23 View Post
ive owned quite a few mustangs, a couple other maros, a bird here and there. the occasional pickup and lots of rice.

in fact I totally OWNED a civic drivin to work tonight, I saw his underglow lights as he came "screamin" up doin about 80, he passes me and flashes me a skoff look, so I let off the gas, and let him get about a 1/4 mile ahead of me and dropped the hammer. about 7 seconds later im doin 130 past him. i didnt bother looking at him tho, but those are some of the vehicles ive owned

Old 07-02-2007, 10:06 AM   #9
JWz28

Drives: 2012 Z28 (I'm hoping)
1978 Chevy C1500 P/U - This truck survived my older brother, me and my younger brother. Glad cars can't talk.

1969 Z-28 w/ RS Options Original 302 DZ #matching car. Bought it in 1983 for $4000 and sold it 1986 for $9000....got married and moved to go to Grad school. Thought I did well...wish I had it today.

1984 Chevy C1500 P/U

1991 Lumina Euro - first full size family car.

1994 Z28
- Fun car.

1997 Ford Expedition - Wife's vehical....was a good truck. What can I say...we had a mixed marriage. Her dad was always a Ford truck man...but now I have converted her.

2000 Chevy C1500 Z71...Still drive today. Just turned 110K miles and have not had one mechanical issue. Change the oil, put in gas and drive it.

1967 AC Cobra (Replica - Everett Morrison Kit) 351 Cleveland bored .30 over, ford 4-speed top-loader, 4.11 gears. Car weighed about 2100 and had 430 RWHP. Wicked quick but dangerous as hell. It was like riding a four wheeled Harley. In high speed sweeper turns you had to be careful becuase if the road was bumpy the rearend was so light it would hop out on you. Sold it in 2001 to some guys from England who were over here doing the Gumball Ralley. They blew up the tranny in the Ferrari they were driving and needed a car to keep going. Picked up the AC Corbra from me and blew the motor the next day trying to outrun the Oklahoma Highway Patrol. Clocked them at 135 and they were headed to the state line which was 15 miles away up in the panhandle region. Texas DPS was waiting for them...Lucky bastards spent two hours in jail. The cops figured out what they were doing (Gumball) and let them go...not even a ticket. If that had been me I'd still be in jail. They lead a charmed life is all I can say.

2002 Z06 Corvette...Went through a couple of transformations. First an LPE Head / Cam package with all the bolt ons ....430 RWHP. Drove it for about a year and wanted more. LPE Stage II Twin Turbo...too many mods to list...at its peak it had about 650 RWHP....too much for the street. Not fun rolling into the gas in 4th gear and breaking the tires loose at 100MPH and getting sideways. Turned the boost down to about 600 RWHP and drove it every day the sun was out for about two years. Sold it in Feb 2006.

2002 Suburban - bought it for my wife at the same time as the Z06. The Chevy man was happy to see us coming that day.

JWz28.
JWz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 07:47 AM   #10
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
1985 Camaro Z28 - Copper/Gold, T-Tops. My first love. I really want another one just like it.

1990 Toyota Tercel - I know...what the hell...it was all I could get at the time. It sucked and I almost killed myself pulling on to the highway after leaving the dealer. Going from a V8 to a puny 4 cyl. is DRASTIC.

1992 Cavalier - Red, 4 door. This was my wife's car when we got married.

1992 Pontiac Bonneville SSE - Red, grey leather interior. This car was a lot of fun. Heads up displays are nice.

1996 S10 Blazer LT - Black, 4 door, black leather interior. This was a fun truck for the most part. It was pretty wobbly around curves though.

2003 Pontiac Montana - Silver, short version (my wife's current car). I always said I'd never own a mini-van...but you can't beat the automatic side doors for getting the kids in and out.

2003 Explorer Sport Trac Adrenalin - Black (my current truck). I never liked a Ford vehicle until I drove this. In my opinion this is the best car/truck I've owned other than my first Z28.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:50 AM   #11
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
1982 Camaro Berlinetta - Light Blue inside and out. It's the reason I hate blue now. LOL Only V8 I've owned actually. Was purchased for me by my parents.

1991 Camaro RS - Teal Green. I still love the 91/92 Camaro's. And I loved the Teal Green matching wheels.

1995 Cavalier Coupe - Teal Green (though the 91 RS Teal was much better) First brand new car. Best car I ever owned as far as reliability.

2000 Extended Cab S10 Xtreme LS - White with all the Chevy Bowties painted purple. Had a $4000 sound system installed.

2002 Camaro Coupe - God I miss this car...

2005 Aveo LT Sedan - As an appliance it's fine. But, man, is it boring...

I also have a 1993 Lumina Z34. But it's sitting at my mothers with weeds growing around it and mice living in it... It needs a transmission. I'll probably just turn it over to a scrap yard sometime unless someone wants to purchase it (a couple years ago people were asking about it but I didn't want to sell) for $500.

And the person I live with has had (since I've driven them a number of times)-

1989 Celebrity - Flaking paint and all around ugly car. LOL But it ran good for a $400 car.

1992 Bonneville - Car ran great, but he rear ended someone so he had mismatched hood. And he kept busting things inside. So he gave it away when he got-

1999 Regal SLE

He's hoping to get a new Tahoe in a year or so...
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 10:35 AM   #12
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Was't the Berlinetta maketed towards...women?
Old 07-10-2007, 04:45 PM   #13
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
Was't the Berlinetta maketed towards...women?
I have no idea. It was 1991 when it was purchased.

Was a good/fun car, I just hated the color.

Another person I went to HS with had a 1983(or 84) Berlinetta w/V8 as well. He was male also. lol
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2007, 08:13 PM   #14
SoFlaZ

Drives: 2013 SS LS3
I feel like a little kid compared to you guys, well I guess I am cuz i've only been driving for 4 years and owned cars for 2.5 years. So here it goes

1st car was a 1984 Porsche 944 that was absolutely a blast to drive but needed a MAJOR engine overhaul cuz there were vacuum leaks all over the place and all rubber parts were deteriorating. Sadly I had to sell it for $2000 to the only person who would offer to buy it.

And my current car which I bought for the same price I sold the Porsche for is a 96 Cavalier Z24. It's not too fast but It will beat most mildly modded hondas and its still stock.

I suck at posting pics so you guys are gonna have to bear with the small and Xtra large pic.
Attached Images

Last edited by SoFlaZ; 07-10-2007 at 08:14 PM. Reason: it is not uneven when finally posted
SoFlaZ is offline   Reply With Quote