Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-18-2013, 08:37 PM   #57
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by yotaman96 View Post
Yep, their customer service sucks.
I have had no problems with them, they say they will extend it if it goes off, just call them.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:41 PM   #58
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevrolet Customer Svc View Post
Thank you for the shout out! Hope you are enjoying your Camaro.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Yes I was told I have to call every three months to reactivate each time.

It is obvious that XM is trying to hope owners will just pay and not pay attention to how long the trial was. And I bet 50% of the owners just pay it.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #59
BlemsBumble

Drives: '13 ZL1 #662; '10 SS; '99 SS
They were going to turn mine off after 3 months. I called them up (Sirius, not the dealer)and they extended the trial to 12 months. It took 5 minutes. If I have to remind them again, I'm going to tell them to turn it off.
Old 01-21-2013, 10:37 AM   #60
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Yes I was told I have to call every three months to reactivate each time.

It is obvious that XM is trying to hope owners will just pay and not pay attention to how long the trial was. And I bet 50% of the owners just pay it.

Wow. This doesn't seem what they discussed with me, however, hopefully everything works out for you.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-23-2013, 07:48 AM   #61
tonyfred

Drives: 2013 ZL1-Victory Red-Auto
And XM is still full of bull. I kept receiving snail mails and emails stating that I could add internet radio for free during my trial period. I do like that feature so I called and set it up. The rep confirmed that yes, internet radio would be free during the duration of my free trial period. At the end of the period I would need to pay extra for the service, which I understood.
The rep wanted a credit card number and I told them I would prefer to be billed when the trial ended. He said no problem.
They gave me a login and it worked fine.
A few days later I received a bill for $9.45. There was no explanation of the charges.
So I returned the statement with a note explaining that I did not owe anything and was in my free trial period.
A couple of days later I lost internet radio.
I contacted the billing department for XM and they said my balance was zero.
So I contacted another rep and told them about the situation.
He explained that I did not pay my bill and that was why I lost the service.
I tried over and over to explain to him that I was told numerous times that the internet radio was free during the trial period.
NOPE.
He finally said "I can give you one month free but that is it".
I could see that their customer service is as worthless as ever so I agreed to take the free month.
He gave me a link.
So yes, you guessed it, you are required to provide a credit card number to get the free month. And once they have that, they think they have carte blanche to bill you whenever they feel like it.
So XM....YOU SUCK! Very deceptive advertising at the minimum.
Why are they cutting off our 12 month trial every 3 months?

Because they are 1 of 2 things.

1. Completely inept at the concept of billing.
2. Out and out crooks who hope people will start paying after 3 months when they are supposed to get 12.
I am going with option 2.
Maybe I am wrong. But I have worked in customer service for over 20 years and would have been fired long ago for handling accounts in the manner that they seem to think is acceptable.

tonyfred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 08:57 AM   #62
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
mine ended after 3 months too, just yesterday got it back going again yesterday. They did not get my Movie listings, fuel and weather working though, after an hour I gave up.

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 09:11 AM   #63
copper3000
Troy

Drives: 2018 ZL1 Camaro
Pandora sounds much better anyway. The quality difference is very noticable.
Use your phone!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:21 AM   #64
Joebot8484
ZL1 # 1307

Drives: 2012 Camaro ZL1, 2008 Hummzilla H3
I only got 3 months free when I purchased my car, then paid for another 3 months during the summer. I let it expire in November because the car is currently in storage for the winter. I must have looked over the 12 month trial when I bought it.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:50 AM   #65
tonyfred

It sure seems like someone with GM would step in and stop this nonsense. Brandon worked great with me to get my trial back after it stopped and I certainly appreciate his efforts. But I am going to have to go through it again in March.
GM....demand that XM get this right! I am a loyal GM customer and I hate to see something like this leave a bad taste in my mouth.
If you go to the trouble of putting 12 months of free service on my window sticker, make XM live up to that commitment without someone having to contact them every 3 months.
I do love the XM service. Mostly for the talk shows available that you cant find anywhere else. At the end of my trial I will gladly pay for the service.
But if we were promised 12 months for free, then that is what we should get without a bunch of hassle..

Old 01-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #66
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
It sure seems like someone with GM would step in and stop this nonsense. Brandon worked great with me to get my trial back after it stopped and I certainly appreciate his efforts. But I am going to have to go through it again in March.
GM....demand that XM get this right! I am a loyal GM customer and I hate to see something like this leave a bad taste in my mouth.
If you go to the trouble of putting 12 months of free service on my window sticker, make XM live up to that commitment without someone having to contact them every 3 months.
I do love the XM service. Mostly for the talk shows available that you cant find anywhere else. At the end of my trial I will gladly pay for the service.
But if we were promised 12 months for free, then that is what we should get without a bunch of hassle..

problem is that it is not an XM issue.

it is a dealer issue.

your salesman from your dealer has to set up the XM trial in his computer via their dealer login site to XM and OnStar.

so it is your dealer/salesman who farked it up during the setup and all XM has to go on is what that salesman filled out in the dealer setup site.

Dealer checked the 3 month box instead of the 1 year box because they can't read the invoice/windows sticker..
Old 01-23-2013, 10:53 AM   #67
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
GeMine went off after 3 months. Called the dealership and got it back on
within 24 hours.
Grow up just because you can't drive your car should the dealership xtend. your warranty to suit you! Get a life or go on Jerry Springer
Old 01-23-2013, 11:02 AM   #68
tonyfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPOOKYGUNNER View Post
GeMine went off after 3 months. Called the dealership and got it back on
within 24 hours.
Grow up just because you can't drive your car should the dealership xtend. your warranty to suit you! Get a life or go on Jerry Springer

Get ready to call them again in 3 months.

Old 01-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #69
tonyfred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. iNCREDIBLE View Post
problem is that it is not an XM issue.

it is a dealer issue.

your salesman from your dealer has to set up the XM trial in his computer via their dealer login site to XM and OnStar.

so it is your dealer/salesman who farked it up during the setup and all XM has to go on is what that salesman filled out in the dealer setup site.

Dealer checked the 3 month box instead of the 1 year box because they can't read the invoice/windows sticker..

So why did they (XM) only give me 3 more months once the problem was identified and addressed? Shouldnt they have given me 9 more months?

Old 01-23-2013, 11:09 AM   #70
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
So why did they (XM) only give me 3 more months once the problem was identified and addressed? Shouldnt they have given me 9 more months?

well my first response is because the XM rep is an idiot.

however I beleive it is because XM can't fix it, the dealer has to do it via their setup site.

I had the issue as well on both my Avalanche and my Camaro, I never called XM, I went to my dealer and the salesmanager corrected it, he never called XM, he sat at his computer, logged into some site, put in my VIN, 5 minutes later we walked out to the car and it was back on.

In the case of my Avalanche it remained on for 15 months, so whatever he did, he added 1 year to the already used 3 months.

In the case of my Camaro, I won't know if the same thinng was done until December 2013..

my guess here would be that they have a 3 month, 6 month or 1 year option in the setup, and not a 9 month option..