Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-18-2013, 05:49 AM   #43
family man

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
You are wrong my friend! There is not a choice to drive the car here this time of year unless you have a death wish and are a complete idiot! Two feet of snow on the ground, sub zero temp and you get stuck in 4x4's and suv's. In 04 I had a Z06 and one day in the winter I decided to sweep out my garage. I backed out of the garage and put it on the driveway. I have a slight incline. I got out and went in the garage and started sweeping. I look up and see my car sliding down the driveway. It only slid 10 feet and no damage occurred but it was a real eye opener. These types of cars are NOT meant to be moved in the winter up here period. Unless you have discovered a hover feature you are pooched!
I never told you to drive your car. I store my car too.

It just cracks me up that you spent all that money on a ZL1 and you are complaining about a FREE 3 month Sirius/XM trial offer and not being able to tell THEM when you want it. As a great man once said, "You strain at a gnat but yet you swallow a camel".

Last edited by family man; 01-18-2013 at 06:00 AM.
family man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 06:34 AM   #44
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
it does come with 12 months but every third month you need to call the dealer and bitch and they will get it turned back on. done it 3 times already
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 08:32 AM   #45
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Here is my actual window sticker, and you can see the verbage yourself.

Judge for yourself, but it does NOT actually come right out and say litterally that the first 12 months is free, although that's how most people would probably interpret the wording.

XM Radio + Service Subscription Sold Separetly by SiriusXM after 12 Mnths
Attached Images
File Type: pdf ZL1 Window Sticker.pdf (213.8 KB, 71 views)
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:41 AM   #46
ZEDL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Triple Black, 2015 2LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler H View Post
I took delivery on Boxing Day via flat deck of my ZL1. It was dropped right into my garage without even starting her. I prepped her for storage and put on the cover till spring. Yesterday I got a letter from XM saying congrats and enjoy your three month free trial. I smirked seeing as the free trial will expire before I pull the car out of storage. I called to see if I could start the trial in three months from now instead of now due to the car being stored. If so I would pay for a year or two of subscription now but I did not want to start until April. My answer by the CSR was " sir how do we know you aren't driving the car now. We can't delay the activation." My response was that you can see the car the radio is registered to and where I live right? I'm not asking for anything for free I just want my three month trial to start in three months. Not now while she is sleeping! I was basically told to pound sand. I guess I'm just gonna use my iPod and local radio instead when the car comes out. I have a 2011 GMC and a 2012 Cadillac both which will not have the XM hooked up anymore also after this! I know I'm only one guy but three vehicles lost. Not like they care but I figured I wasn't asking much. Just a simple postpone until I am driving the car!
Tyler, try calling again, as you'll likely contact another rep.
I had the same situation - picked up my car last November, put 10 km on her then straight into the garage for the winter.
I called XM and explained the situation, and they very cheerfully deferred my trial period start date until may 1st of 2013.
You may have just reached a les-than-professional service rep...
ZEDL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 09:43 AM   #47
ZEDL1

I'd forgotten to mention that I also called OnStar, and not only did they defer also the start of my trial period, they left it up to me to choose the start date for this spring, then simply call them to activate it.
Old 01-18-2013, 09:49 AM   #48
ZEDL1

With both of the above having been said, it does remain to be seen what will happen in a few months when I call them back to begin the trial periods...
Old 01-18-2013, 09:56 AM   #49
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
Brandon helped me out. Like a lot of you, I have a 2013 ZL1. After 3 months, I lost XM. But the sticker stated 12 months. Brandon contacted them and I got it back.
However, I just added online listening to my account (included with free trial now). I got a confirmation in the snailmail and it states my free period is up in March, which is another 3 months. So I will have to go through the process again when the time comes to get my other 6 months.
Thank you for the shout out! Hope you are enjoying your Camaro.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 01-18-2013, 10:40 AM   #50
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
there is so much misinformation in this thread about OnStar and XM services, prices, and the free trials, my head is spinning..
Old 01-18-2013, 01:40 PM   #51
morgnstern

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
Here is my actual window sticker, and you can see the verbage yourself.

Judge for yourself, but it does NOT actually come right out and say litterally that the first 12 months is free, although that's how most people would probably interpret the wording.

XM Radio + Service Subscription Sold Separetly by SiriusXM after 12 Mnths
Mine says the same, trying to resolve this now..
morgnstern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 01:59 PM   #52
morgnstern

check this out...
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...0Sheet_web.pdf

On the phone with sirius now.. this guy is clueless
Old 01-18-2013, 02:11 PM   #53
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
Quote:
Originally Posted by morgnstern View Post
check this out...
http://www.chevrolet.com/content/dam...0Sheet_web.pdf

On the phone with sirius now.. this guy is clueless
Well that document seems to spell it out pretty clearly as far as I'm concerned, but it might also account for some of the confusion.

Some models (2LT, 2SS and ZL1) are listed as getting 12 months, and the others get 3 months.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #54
morgnstern

I think it accounts for the confusion as well.. It could be a dealer thing or a sirius thing at that point. After 45min with the chucklehead I spoke too, they agreed to fix it. I was given the number 866-463-5326 for sirius to resolve this issue if anyone else needs to make the call. I have a confirmation number so I guess we will see if it got fixed or not in two weeks.
Old 01-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #55
RiCorvette

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport 3LT
Sirius Response to my complaint that my Moroney Sticker says I get (extended to) 12 months:

Thank you for taking the time to speak to me today. As we discussed I have set up the service on your Camaro so that the trial will start today and run through until January 10/2014 for the XM Premier audio portion. You will also have a three month trial on the XM Travel Link and the XM NavTraffic that will run through until April 10/2013. You may need to have a signal resent to your radio again if the service is not active when you are ready to use the radio. You may contact me directly or any agent in my department and we will be glad to assist you in activating the service.You may also activate the service yourself.You will not be able to receive the signal unless your radio is currently on channel 01. When you are in your vehicle and ready to activate, you can easily do this yourself by going online to www.siriusxm.com/refresh or by calling our activation hotline at 855-MY-REFRESH and entering your Radio ID/ESN. You may contact me directly.Thank you.

Jamie MacDonald
SXM Digital Care Team
877-283-6506 Option 3
Tuesday – Friday 10:00 AM – 6:30 PM Eastern
Saturday 8:00 AM- 4:30 PM Eastern(Saturday Email Only)
RiCorvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 07:10 PM   #56
Errnie-ZL1
2013 ZL1 blk on blk

Drives: Time to order mods well she sleeps!
I hear ya guys I had my car 1 day 200kms then it snowed and been sleeping since. Then they called me to extend my sat service a year I said to the guy on the phone guy I only had it out one day and you want me to sign up for a year at 179.00. I said no way he then said ok ok how about 120.00 for the hear I hung up

www.cttoolandmachine.ca
Errnie-ZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote