Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 01-23-2013, 12:27 PM   #71
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
I never went through the dealer, I went straight to XM and they fixed the problem. If anyone is still having problems contact Brandon from GM customer service or XM customer service who both have accounts here. Both have been very helpful and are very aware of the situation.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:51 PM   #72
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
Mine also ended after 3 months. After much wait time and explaining and proof I bought the car etc.. they reactivated. However they said I would have to also call back in 3 mo to reactive. Maybe we all should keep calling the BBB - this is crazy
cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:06 PM   #73
SXM_Help

Drives: N/A
Hi Tony -

We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. If there is anything we can do to help turn your situation around, let us know by sending us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be in touch.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team
SXM_Help is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 02:51 PM   #74
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Not only did mine expire after 3 months, I purchased another subscription for both the xm radio, but also Nav Traffic (which is what I was told I needed for my radio), after 1 hour yesterday with xm trying to get it to work, we only got the radio service working and I transferred the Nav Traf to my Avalanche. XM said it was a onstar function, knowing it wasn't, I chatted with GM Infotainment help line about this last night too, no issues with my radio and was told to try xm again. I called them today as was told I needed the travel link form xm to make my radio work, well the weather part works but not the others....so back to GM infotainment hotline I went, I talked with them for quite a while and they are calling xm to get this fixed and working. Man this is frustrating to say the least. I don't care if I have to pay, I just want all my features back!

BTW here is the window sticker from the ZL1.
Attached Images

From Oklahoma, Join us on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/groups/okcamaros/

SamHouseIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #75
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

GM Infotainment and XM is working my issue, they say that I do have the correct package "Travel Link" for the standard MyLink radio, gives you the funtion of the Weather, Movie Listings and Fuel.

They are not sure why it is not working and asked that I take it to the dealer for a hard reset of the radio.

They can have the signal refreshed and see if it works correctly then, if not, they have a direct line, Dealer to XM to troubleshoot more.

I did ask about the 12 month service, this service is set up by the dealer, if it expires after 3 months then the dealer did not sleect the 12 month option...all corporate XM accounts are only 3 months, all other are deals or extentions are dealer only.

Hope to get this going again.....

Old 01-23-2013, 03:23 PM   #76
SackDaddy

Drives: 2013 SIM ZL1
I too have had issues with Sirius/XM.

I bought my ZL1 at the end of November and a few weeks later I received a letter from the fine folks at Sirius/XM welcoming me to their service and the letter mentioned a 90 day free trial.

I made a phone call to Sirius/XM and explained my window sticker indicated a subscription was needed AFTER 12 months. Of course, they had no clue what I was talking about, so I called the Chevy dealer and my salesman told me I would have to call Sirius/XM back closer to the end of the 90 day trial to be granted an extension.

Does anyone at Sirius/XM have a clue about what is printed on our window stickers ?? My Chevy salesman sure made it a point to sell me on the fact I would be getting a 12 month free trial prior to the sale of the vehicle.

It is obvious I am not the only one dealing with this issue. You would think someone would wise up and figure out what is being presented and what the end user gets are two different things.

Two thumbs down to Sirius/XM !! If I lose the service after 3 months, so be it.
Terrible customer service !!!!

A rule of thumb evolved in marketing circles that an unhappy customer will tell 10 people about the poor service he or she received. Take heed Sirius/XM.
SackDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 05:58 PM   #77
mmarx82

Drives: '12 ZL1 #1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlemsBumble View Post
They were going to turn mine off after 3 months. I called them up (Sirius, not the dealer)and they extended the trial to 12 months. It took 5 minutes. If I have to remind them again, I'm going to tell them to turn it off.
Mine turned back off after a few weeks of getting it turned back on. I ended up not calling them back and now I stream Pandora with my phone and Bluetooth into my car. BTW, Pandora offers free and paid service for less than $40 per year and it's always music I like!

XM hear me loud and clear...
I would rather pay Pandora for their free service than to deal with the crap you put us through. You will never have me as a customer!

GM should get their money back on this contract with XM then pass it along to us...
Old 01-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #78
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SXM_Help View Post
Hi Tony -

We are sorry to hear about your experience with us. If there is anything we can do to help turn your situation around, let us know by sending us an email to sxm_help@siriusxm.com and we'll be in touch.

Thanks,
SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Why not speak to whomever at YOUR company that handles the new accounts/ subscriptions and explain to them FACE TO FACE what is happening? This sending e-mail for an answer is not how to handle this situation. If I was working there it would have beeen solved in one day two at the most. Someone is not doing their job properly when this occurrs. It seems siriusxm does not communicate amongst each other regarding helping customers with the same complaint of interruption of service!
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:03 PM   #79
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmarx82 View Post
Mine turned back off after a few weeks of getting it turned back on. I ended up not calling them back and now I stream Pandora with my phone and Bluetooth into my car. BTW, Pandora offers free and paid service for less than $40 per year and it's always music I like!

XM hear me loud and clear...
I would rather pay Pandora for their free service than to deal with the crap you put us through. You will never have me as a customer!

GM should get their money back on this contract with XM then pass it along to us...

That's what I plan on doing as I have had this service before with other vehicles and experienced a problem but they seemed to resolve that one easily without any issues. I still let the subscription expire as I will this one. I will not call them for an extension. Keep your overpriced service.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 06:04 PM   #80
Tysen

Drives: 2011 RJT 2SS/RS M6
My 2011 came with one year of XM, as well.
Old 01-23-2013, 06:11 PM   #81
Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamHouseIII View Post
GM Infotainment and XM is working my issue, they say that I do have the correct package "Travel Link" for the standard MyLink radio, gives you the funtion of the Weather, Movie Listings and Fuel.

They are not sure why it is not working and asked that I take it to the dealer for a hard reset of the radio.

They can have the signal refreshed and see if it works correctly then, if not, they have a direct line, Dealer to XM to troubleshoot more.

I did ask about the 12 month service, this service is set up by the dealer, if it expires after 3 months then the dealer did not sleect the 12 month option...all corporate XM accounts are only 3 months, all other are deals or extentions are dealer only.

Hope to get this going again.....

BINGO!
Old 01-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #82
SamHouseIII
I Carry!

I guess I got something done today after all the calling around....My SHIZZZT is working correctly now!!!

Hope it stays this way!!

Old 01-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #83
SPOOKYGUNNER
ROCK

Drives: 2013 ZL-1 TRIPLE BLACK VERT
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyfred View Post
Get ready to call them again in 3 months.

OK so if I have to call again in 3 months then so be it. At least I'm not whining about it. Nor do I expect anything more than a 12 mo. subscription from the day I bought the car...whether I drive it every day or park it for 6 months!
Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 PM   #84
Camaro Fred
2012 ZL1 VIN 150

Drives: 1973 RS LT Camaro 4 Speed
Of all of the systems my ZL1 came with, Sirius/XM has been the worst. OnStar is right behind it. Chevrolet needs to make these optional and not integrate these products into their vehicles. It is damaging GMs reputation. I would have paid for an option to delete these "features".