Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 01-30-2017, 05:27 PM   #1
GTG91

Drives: 2008 duramax
Radio locked on 2015 2ss

Can someone help me, my battery went dead and once I got the car running again I had to make the windows relearn the express up/down feature but the display on mylink simply says "locked" can someone tell me how to get my radio working again?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N915A using Tapatalk
Old 01-30-2017, 05:55 PM   #2
Davidd_SS

Drives: LSX FTW
might need to take a trip to the dealer for an unlock
Old 01-31-2017, 06:45 AM   #3
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
Stolen or radio has been replaced per on board diagnostics, you're visiting the dealer to fix the problem.
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:32 PM   #4
GTG91

Ok so, I got a message from dega man last night, he suggested that I pull the fuse on the inside of the RR quarter panel, found and pulled that fuse for about 2 minutes, put it back in and boom, radio works like it always has ... so if any of you run into this that would be my first suggestion because it worked with my bone stock audio

Old 01-31-2017, 12:51 PM   #5
Snoman
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2013 Dusk Edition 2SS/M6/Sun/NPP
aha, thought you might have attempted that already. Aye, you can so just pull the battery cable off. Various systems reset after 15 minutes, some take longer (few hours).
Snoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 12:57 PM   #6
GTG91

What had happened was my car was sitting out and I didn't want it getting snowed on so I went to pull it in the shop and the batt was dead so I grabbed a jump box and it fired right up but it locked me out of the my link screen, I had a 350z and a Mustang that did the same thing but needed a code entered to unlock the radio if it ever lost power

Old 02-09-2017, 01:29 PM   #7
GodWentPunk

Drives: 2015 2SS White Convertible CE/INDY
Thanks for the info....
Old 03-20-2017, 02:13 PM   #8
MBaseman

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS/1LE
FYI, had this issue today. Disconnected battery for a few seconds which usually solves these issues (didn't have much time as I was filling up with gas). Didn't resolve the issue.

Got to work after driving for 45 min with no radio, thank you V8 + headers for keeping me entertained, disconnected the battery and let it sit for a few hours. Reconnected and everything seemed to have gone back to normal.

So if you get this Locked message on you MyLink, then disconnect the battery for at least a min or two first. If that doesn't work, then try a few hours or so.

Thanks Camero5 community for keeping me away from the dealership again!
MBaseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 10:38 AM   #9
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTG91 View Post
... pull the fuse on the inside of the RR quarter panel, found and pulled that fuse for about 2 minutes, put it back in and boom, radio works like it always has ...
My vehicle was jump started yesterday and the screen is locked now. Where is exactly is the RR quarter panel fuse located?

Old 04-08-2020, 06:56 PM   #10
XEagleDriver

Drives: 2015 2LT RS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDXSSCE View Post
My vehicle was jump started yesterday and the screen is locked now. Where is exactly is the RR quarter panel fuse located?

Just performed the two minute RDO (radio) F3 slot fuze pull to reset a locked infotainment system. System locked up following a COVID related disuse period (battery ran down after about 10 days).
To answer your question:
- RR Quarter Fuse small box is located on inside of RR quarter panel about 12" forward of trunk rear and 6" above trunk floor.
- To access, Google instructions, or spin off the six plastic cargo net holders on the rear of the trunk interior.
- - Then pull off the rear most plastic panel held in by the six cargo net holders.
- - Then partially remove the RR side carpet panel, after pulling the one plastic retainer near trunk top.
- - Small RR fuse box is well marked.
The RDO (radio) fuse (slot F3) is a yellow, 20 Amp, in the top row, closest to car bumper, NOT counting the large square relays.
- Only caution for reassembly is to ensure rear plastic panel tab goes under trunk hood rubber trim. Takes a bit of encouragement.
Cheers,
XEagleDriver

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
XEagleDriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 07:44 PM   #11
PDXSSCE
Yee-aay-ee!

Drives: 2015 2SS/RS CV CE
Quote:
Originally Posted by XEagleDriver View Post
Just performed the two minute RDO (radio) F3 slot fuze pull to reset a locked infotainment system. System locked up following a COVID related disuse period (battery ran down after about 10 days).
To answer your question:
- RR Quarter Fuse small box is located on inside of RR quarter panel about 12" forward of trunk rear and 6" above trunk floor.
- To access, Google instructions, or spin off the six plastic cargo net holders on the rear of the trunk interior.
- - Then pull off the rear most plastic panel held in by the six cargo net holders.
- - Then partially remove the RR side carpet panel, after pulling the one plastic retainer near trunk top.
- - Small RR fuse box is well marked.
The RDO (radio) fuse (slot F3) is a yellow, 20 Amp, in the top row, closest to car bumper, NOT counting the large square relays.
- Only caution for reassembly is to ensure rear plastic panel tab goes under trunk hood rubber trim. Takes a bit of encouragement.
Cheers,
XEagleDriver
Excellent information. Thanks for sharing it.