Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro DIY & HOW-TO instructions & discussions

Old 03-13-2019, 01:48 AM   #1
Lamborghini1616

Drives: 2014 Camaro
DIY Install 14-15 Halos and Taillights

Hi, I recently have bought my RS lights and have all the parts almost ready. Is there a DIY step by step guide to do this? I have the harnesses to wire them as well.

Also, I want to do this by myself, but I have never done a DIY. A bit unsure how I will do this... is it worth trying or should I have someone else do it?
Lamborghini1616 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 12:55 PM   #2
Coz3z3

Drives: 2015 Z/28, 2015 1LE
I haven't done the front, but the rear was pretty simple and straightforward. You can look up youtube videos on how to remove the rear bumper. I think there are 4 torx screws (2 on each side), that you remove from the inner fender. And then you just pull the bumper from each side starting at the inner fender. It literally feels like you are going to tear the bumper in half, but there are about 6 or so clips that hold it in. Then there are 4 bolts holding each light in I believe, and then swap, and mount the resistor and reinstall bumper. It took me about an hour total
From what I understand, the front is basically the same thing.
Sorry I don't have pictures.

And when you pull the bumper, just be careful of the rear backup sensors, I did not disconnect them and just supported the bumper from the bottom while I did the swap.
Coz3z3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2019, 11:49 PM   #3
Lamborghini1616

Drives: 2014 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coz3z3 View Post
I haven't done the front, but the rear was pretty simple and straightforward. You can look up youtube videos on how to remove the rear bumper. I think there are 4 torx screws (2 on each side), that you remove from the inner fender. And then you just pull the bumper from each side starting at the inner fender. It literally feels like you are going to tear the bumper in half, but there are about 6 or so clips that hold it in. Then there are 4 bolts holding each light in I believe, and then swap, and mount the resistor and reinstall bumper. It took me about an hour total
From what I understand, the front is basically the same thing.
Sorry I don't have pictures.

And when you pull the bumper, just be careful of the rear backup sensors, I did not disconnect them and just supported the bumper from the bottom while I did the swap.

Hi. Thank you for your response. Luckily I won't have to worry about parking sensors since I don't have them hehe. Sounds pretty simple though, thank you!!
Lamborghini1616 is offline   Reply With Quote