Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 01-31-2011, 08:08 PM   #1
Asian Zero

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 1LT RS
Interior rear quarter panel removal?

Anyone know how to take out the lower rear seat quarter panel (the panel with the armrest)? thanks
Asian Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 PM   #2
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
First you start by unsnapping the covers, be careful, that go over the driver/passenger door sill area.

The rear bottom back seat comes out by pulling up on each side and it will come out. For the rear upper seat area just unbolt the 5 bolts, pull down on the rear seat release and take the entire assembly out.

Each rear side panel is held in place by snaps. Start at the upper part of the side panel where it meets the B pillar, and just keep unsnapping all the way around until it comes off. Repeat for the other side.

Key to all of this is to be gentle otherwise you will have broken snaps or panels.

Good luck.
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:33 PM   #3
Asian Zero

thanks, you wouldnt happen to have pics or a link to a thread that does?
Old 01-31-2011, 09:54 PM   #4
cool376

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have two pics of mine when I had to disassemble it along with the rear c pillar garnish and upper b pillar garnish for a antenna wire replacement. Sorry there not better pictures.

Last edited by cool376; 08-27-2012 at 08:10 PM.
cool376 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 09:57 PM   #5
cool376

You probably already know but don't forget to torque the seat back when you reinstall it.
Old 02-01-2011, 08:31 AM   #6
2SSRS@Gen5diy

Drives: 2014 Z/28 #82+#192, 18ZLE 66Nova
You do not need to unbolt the 5 bolts for the top, There is a latch at the bottom of the 2 sides it metal in color and you can move it all the way to the open point and lift only the seat.
2SSRS@Gen5diy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #7
cool376

I agree with the latch to remove the seat, I noticed that when I was in there but it seemed to be more trouble than it was worth. I gave up trying that method, it was easier for me to just unbolt it. Has anyone noticed the clips at the bottom of the quarter trim? Mine were not installed I found them in the body cavity behind the quarter trim just laying in there.
Old 02-01-2011, 09:16 AM   #8
GearHeadPeter
US Navy Vet

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS, 65 Mustang GT Fastback
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS View Post
You do not need to unbolt the 5 bolts for the top, There is a latch at the bottom of the 2 sides it metal in color and you can move it all the way to the open point and lift only the seat.
The latch on mine would not release on one side so I opted to take out the assembly. If you can get them both to release as 2SSRS indicated it would be easier. I have attached what another Forum member had posted on taking out the rear seat, panels, and door sill covers. Sorry just found it this morning and hope it helps.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Camaro Rear Seat Removal.pdf (2.35 MB, 608 views)
3rd Camaro on this forum to have a Mylink installed. Installation by GEN5DIY, Heritage Grill, Lloyds Premium Ebony Camaro RS floor mats, Empire Billet Camaro Black sill plates, AAC: LED footwell & interior lighting, Rear Courtesy Lights, LED side markers/turn signals, Plasma P13W DRl bulbs, Formula 1 Pinnacle Series tint, Roto-Fab Yellow CAI & Fuse cover, Technostalgia Afterburner LED taillights, EmblemPros custom V6 hydrocoated carbon fiber/RY engine cover, Pfadt Sport sway bars, Ofer's Backup Camera, and full Brembo brake conversion.
GearHeadPeter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 11:04 PM   #9
Asian Zero

thanks for the help i got them out. took me awhile to get the bottom out, seat belt buckles were the problem after that it was easy. took my quarters out so i could paint them. ill get pictures out once i put them back in.