Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Wheels and Tires Talk Sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 12-25-2011, 12:37 PM   #15
CooG
RIP - Convertible SS

Drives: '13 Mustang Boss 302 - RED
Quote:
Originally Posted by melvinakshay View Post
havoc black chrome. best looking rims - period.

CooG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:09 PM   #16
Kwik

Drives: car
I contacted Tire Rack about the Hurst wheels. They contacted Hurst and have posted weights for these wheels. The front wheels weigh 30.3 lbs. The rears weigh 35.7 lbs. Not a super light wheel, but not near as heavy as
had been previously posted. Wheels are made in China and Tire Rack has them in stock. I believe price includes center caps and lugs. A set of 4 TPMS and chrome valve stems are a little over $200.00.
Kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 03:23 PM   #17
blazzin1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS R6P
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik View Post
I contacted Tire Rack about the Hurst wheels. They contacted Hurst and have posted weights for these wheels. The front wheels weigh 30.3 lbs. The rears weigh 35.7 lbs. Not a super light wheel, but not near as heavy as
had been previously posted. Wheels are made in China and Tire Rack has them in stock. I believe price includes center caps and lugs. A set of 4 TPMS and chrome valve stems are a little over $200.00.
The weights I previously quoted above are direct from the Hurst Website. See the following links:

http://www.hurst-shifters.com/NEW-PR...s_Camaro_front

http://www.hurst-shifters.com/NEW-PR...ls_Camaro_rear

And yes, regardless of which weights are correct, they are a pressure-cast wheel, so I wouldn't exactly consider them a light-weight "performance" contenders!!! But, they certainly do look nice!
blazzin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:02 PM   #18
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
But the size of the rim is correct? Tirerack says 20x9 and 20x11 but they state the size of tire is 245/45/20 and 275/40/20. That is not correct as I have found out......the tires need to be wider.
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 06:07 PM   #19
Big C CamaroSS

Drives: Black Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE
Something else......are these "real" Hurst rims? The Hurst rims that are on a Hurst Camaro are real Hurst rims (and top tier quality) and the ones offered on Tirerack (and made in China) are a second tier, slightly lesser quality Hurst rim. That would explain why Tirerack's Hurst rims are so cheap, they aren't as "good" as real Hurst rims. Just something I've been thinking about when blazzin1 made the comment about the price being fishy .
Big C CamaroSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 07:38 PM   #20
Kwik

Drives: car
Hey Blazzin 1, your links don't work now. I think I am going to save my money until I can get some Forgelines unless something else becomes available.
Kwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2011, 09:45 PM   #21
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kwik View Post
Hey Blazzin 1, your links don't work now. I think I am going to save my money until I can get some Forgelines unless something else becomes available.
Jeez, you're right! They changed the entire layout of their website....this afternoon!!! And now they don't show the wheel weights anymore!!! Probably a good decision!!! I would agree that waiting for Forgelines is a much better idea. Now those (Forgelines) are some wheels worth waiting for!!!
Old 12-27-2011, 11:01 PM   #22
palmdog

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
Christmas tires. I like them.

palmdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:35 PM   #23
Mud
In Mud We Trust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Palmdog, if you have time, can you post a pic of your car and those wheels from the side? Thanks. I'm considering these in the brushed finish but that titanium looks good, too.

These, along with the CCW's, are the only 20" wheels I would consider for the Camaro. The rest are so overdone and blingy and look silly. These complement the Camaro and don't overtake the looks of the car.
-American Racing Torq Thrust/Anthracite
-CAI Intake

Last edited by Mud; 12-28-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 02:22 PM   #24
blazzin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud View Post
Palmdog, if you have time, can you post a pic of your car and those wheels from the side? Thanks. I'm considering these in the brushed finish but that titanium looks good, too.

These, along with the CCW's, are the only 20" wheels I would consider for the Camaro. The rest are so overdone and blingy and look silly. These complement the Camaro and don't overtake the looks of the car.
Hey Mud, have you seen this post:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=191657

If you like those wheels, this is a heck of a deal on them!!!
Old 12-28-2011, 02:34 PM   #25
pyledrivr
SW

Drives: 2011 Camaro Summit White
Quote:
Originally Posted by palmdog View Post
ordered a set of these yesterday... can't wait to get them

2011 Summit White LS
pyledrivr@hotmail.com
pyledrivr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 03:25 PM   #26
Mud
In Mud We Trust

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
blazzin,

Indeed, I have. That's why I'm trying to get a side shot. His red with black stripes looks very familiar.
-American Racing Torq Thrust/Anthracite
-CAI Intake
Mud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 06:28 PM   #27
blazzin1

Quote:
blazzin,

Indeed, I have. That's why I'm trying to get a side shot. His red with black stripes looks very familiar.
I definitely like the "look" of those R-type wheels, especially the very deep lip on them. I think the Titanium w/polished lip looks the best. Scoop up a set of those prototypes if you can, that's about $1000 off the normal price!!! I was more after something smaller/lighter and more performance oriented for drag racing.....ended up with the 17" Welds.

Good Luck....hope you can get 'em.
Old 12-29-2011, 09:50 AM   #28
palmdog

Drives: 2010 camaro SS
Side profile

Quote:

These rims fit like factory! I have posted on my profile a side profile picture. The only thing I don't like about the side profile picture is that the polished edge makes the tires look like they have white walls. Pictures for some reason don't catch the true effect you get in person. They are a rim that honestly looks better everytime I walk up to the car. I also would like to comment on how these feel when driving. I don't claim to take off ramps at 100mph, but these tires, that are an inch wider on both front and rear make my camaro hug the road. After installing these rims/tires, I can honestly say I have noticed a difference on cornering and how the car feels going into a turn. I wasn't expecting this added surprise, but hey! I like it!!!!! Lowering springs and sway bars are next inline of things to do.....
palmdog is offline   Reply With Quote