Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 09-12-2018, 02:59 AM   #1
RLNTLSS
INTSAGRAM: Failwish

Drives: 2019 /2SS LT1
PCM transmission cooler for the 5th gen camaro

I purchased this kit ..got it installed .only issue i had was the connection point to the radiator and the actual factory steel connect was the quick connect was wobbly..didnt feel stable connected.. i test fit both fittings.and got the same result..thats the cnc machined radiator connect and brass fittings from cooler to factory connects didnt seat well.. so i reinstalled the factory connect. The factory connects had a little yellow coller behind the snap ring push lock point..when you snaoped them in they locked in tight..the pcm kit felt wobbly and like there was no real seal connection.. before everyone and there real men use steel hose and an -6 connects comments.. i got this for ease of install and im not racing anywhere. AM I DOING THIS WHOLE CONNECTION WRONG..the factory connection had a little rubber grommet or girthier lock point being the push barb..it was a snug push and it would pop and lock into place. I marked on this barbed connection where the grommet from the gm trans hose is.. but missing on this hose from pmc https://imgur.com/a/xMsaU63

Last edited by RLNTLSS; 09-12-2018 at 06:42 AM. Reason: Pic
RLNTLSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 06:38 AM   #2
RLNTLSS

Well i got with mark and kelly from pcm..and after a few emails back and forth..during the day yesterday and after this post.. i came to the conclusion that maybe the wiggle was a normal thing with this kit..the last response from the pcm engineer's input was thats a normal thing for this kit as long as the seals in the radiator and inside the couplings are fresh or in good condition..
Old 09-13-2018, 06:40 AM   #3
RLNTLSS

And after install temps after a 50mile drive and 10mile in city drive... sit a hair below 180deg..could be the 77degress temps outside playn a part in that too
Old 09-13-2018, 10:10 AM   #4
olblue75

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Is this a auto or manual cooler?
1LE Front sway bar, Splitter, shocks and struts, Z28 dual mode mufflers, Intake, UCA Bushings, and Toresen 3.91 Diff. 1 piece DSS Drive Shaft, ZL1/C7 Calipers, and 32mm JPSS Rear Bar. ASC race spec splitter and wicker. 6th Gen M017 Wheels. Stainless Works 1 7/8 LTs. DSE and PAFDT Suspension components.
olblue75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2018, 12:09 PM   #5
RLNTLSS

Auto trans