Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 12-12-2012, 09:22 PM   #71
Beaukz28

Drives: 2010 2SS M6
Broken baffles in the mufflers has been around for years. Not just a Camaro problem. This is what happens when you mass produce. And that TSB has been around for years as well. I have probably done a dozen or so over the last 10 years on all GM's. Sometimes things just break. Overall they have some good long lasting exhaust. I was a Service Manager at a Nissan Dealer for about 2 1/2 years. There exhaust rots and falls off after a few years.
Beaukz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:18 AM   #72
VTXrider

Drives: 2010 RY 2SS/RS
I have had this issue forever, took it into the dealer over a year ago and they could not hear the vibration. It has gotten really bad now in every gear low speed acceleration. There is no way they can tell me they don't hear it now! Have to get it in soon because I'm almost our of warranty.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:18 AM   #73
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
I have had this issue forever, took it into the dealer over a year ago and they could not hear the vibration. It has gotten really bad now in every gear low speed acceleration. There is no way they can tell me they don't hear it now! Have to get it in soon because I'm almost our of warranty.

Please let us know how your service appointment goes. We are available at your convenience if you have any questions.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 02-15-2013, 10:18 AM   #74
VTXrider

Took it in this morning and they just called to tell me they are ordering the parts. I also found out that they started my warranty the day I singed the papers for my car and not when it was delivered which means my bumper to bumper runs out on the 25th where as I thought I had until the 1 since I was delivered my car on March 1st. The service guy said that the parts would take a week or more to get here and that I had to get the car there immediately otherwise it might not be covered under warranty if I go back after the 25th. That seems strange to me since the problem has now been diagnosed before the warranty expires.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:17 AM   #75
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by VTXrider View Post
Took it in this morning and they just called to tell me they are ordering the parts. I also found out that they started my warranty the day I singed the papers for my car and not when it was delivered which means my bumper to bumper runs out on the 25th where as I thought I had until the 1 since I was delivered my car on March 1st. The service guy said that the parts would take a week or more to get here and that I had to get the car there immediately otherwise it might not be covered under warranty if I go back after the 25th. That seems strange to me since the problem has now been diagnosed before the warranty expires.
Let us know how your repair goes. Usually if there is a diagnosis before the warranty expires and they have to wait for the parts to come in, it is still under warranty. We are available if you have any questions.

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Old 03-08-2013, 03:36 PM   #76
VTXrider

Forgot to come back here. They replaced one of the mufflers, the car sounds much better now. No more embarrassment with the loud vibration as I leave every light.

Unfortunately I could not offset the replacement against the GMPP mufflers so I'll have to live with stock for a couple of more years.
Old 03-21-2013, 08:40 PM   #77
angrykiller1

Drives: 2011 2ss inferno orange convertible
i went through a lot of this with my car. solid borla exhaust and rattled even worse. i found a brace making a harmonic vibration, took it off and noise gone. i'll put it back with teflon washers underneath and post results. its between the doors, underneath black and about two feet long, four bolts on each end. peck it with a hammer and listen to the rattle.
angrykiller1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 08:39 PM   #78
eyedoc2

Drives: 69 SS350 VERT 4SPD, 10 2SSRS M6 RJT
Took mine in for same vibration, every gear around 1800 rpm, got worse over last few months. Funny that one and another vibration started right after the dealer 'fixed' a water leak that flooded my rear passenger side foot compartment during rain. (rewelded some poor welds in the cowl area...great...) Second vibration is area top of windshield passenger side. They also left me with a floppy rear view mirror. So dealer can't hear ANY of the vibrations (didn't even fix the mirror till I told them that was also an issue). Kept my car 4 days, all they did was tighten the mirror and said it's fixed! Why do they treat us like MORONS!!! Picked it up yesterday, all noises still there. Anyone inside or outside the car can hear the muffler one, just the dealer can't. Used to LOVE my car, not so much now. I've owned Gen I, II, III & 5. Was def. gonna get new gen Camaro or Vette as they arrived...NOT NOW! I'll go back to the Japanese and get bored staying away from service departments that break more than they fix. GM STILL doesn't get it...make a quality product and stand behind it! Make it right if it's wrong!

Last edited by eyedoc2; 04-08-2013 at 07:51 PM.
eyedoc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 03:56 PM   #79
ForrGump

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS
I've read this entire thread hoping to find something related to my 2012 L99 and have not.
Honestly, after +24 years of military sevrice my hearing has taken a hit. My wife, however, does not miss a thing...thankfully.
It was she who brought to my attention a slight rattle occuring just after accelerating from idle. To validate her claim our daughter has heard it also.

I purchased the 2012 new 2 months ago so it is still under warranty.

Has anyone had this issue on 2012 L99?

Thanks
ForrGump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2013, 12:20 AM   #80
VoodooCat

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
I just picked up a 2013 SS yesterday... and now I hear the rattle during acceleration. Mine sounds like it comes from in front of the passenger seat by the firewall. I emptied the glove box, but it is still there... Generally in the 1st to 4th gears around 2,000 rpm.

Annoyed to already have to think I will be taking it in for service... my 2012 Camaro 2LT I traded it in never had a single problem. Great way to start my V8 experience.
VoodooCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 05:09 AM   #81
American Eagle

Drives: 2012 camaro ss 45th A.E.
Vibration from tran , muffler ,shifter area

Hello i also have a vibration ,at 1500 rpm . i have a europen camaro and the dealer is lost , we have tried ,engine,trans mounts loosing ,running it to set it in place then tightening mounts , we have turned the drive shaft 180 degrees , and we have switched muffler from after cat to the end . so far the vibration is still there . what do we do ?
American Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2013, 10:17 PM   #82
eyedoc2

Drives: 69 SS350 VERT 4SPD, 10 2SSRS M6 RJT
Update...So I go back to the dealer again and ask if someone can ride with me to hear the muffler noise. Told them thanks to this site I know about the TSB. A manager comes out for a ride with me. Nice guy! Hears the noise, orders the parts (new from cat back) noise all gone! THANK YOU! Glad I stayed with it cause I was getting to where I hated to drive my car & was seriously gonna get rid of it. Love driving it again!
eyedoc2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:06 PM   #83
VoodooCat

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS
I am fighting with a dealer... Currently, my Camaro SS with less than 500 miles has a vibration noise coming from the shifter at any speed under normal driving acceleration. If I place my hand on it, the rattle stops. They refuse to fix it under warranty due to claiming it is an acceptable, and almost expected, noise on the normal six speed shifter. The Hurst upgrade apparently does not make the noise. I think it is all BS of course and they just don't want to look for whatever linkage is loose and causing the rattle. It started about 20 miles after I bought the car, so clearly it did not come this way. Very aggravating since my 2012 Camaro I traded in (V6 automatic) was a dream to drive and made no rattles. I just cannot believe a GM service department has the balls to tell me a 40k+ car is fine to have a rattling shifter. I wouldn't accept that line of crap if they were talking about an economy car let alone a high performance car.
VoodooCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 10:58 PM   #84
Intimidator333

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS Inferno Orange.
So my 2010 SS LS3 just developed this harmonic vibration hum sort of thing some have mentioned but not a rattle. Car had a GMPP touring axle back when I bought it and have since replaced with an Atak axle back. The harmonic vibration started before I switched axle backs and has been getting worse. Can anyone elaborate where exactly in the exhaust the vibration is supposed to be coming from? Also I saw a guy on this thread mentioned it ended up being some sort of shaft. I have a click sound that's progressively getting worse when I let off the clutch to accelerate from a stop and even shifting into 2nd and 3rd. Any ideas?