Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-30-2009, 01:49 PM   #71
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
Dude, it sounds to me like you're finding reasons to go for the car. Nobody here's going to steer you away from what you want in comparison to what you need.

I know how it feels - the impatience, KNOWING you are so close to being able to afford it? Here's an idea, go for a compromise. Go to school but also use this apparent money of yours to pay for a huge down payment for a Camaro and finance it. You'll build up credit history WHILE you're in school with a cool ride. That's what most college students do anyway if they want a new car. Difference is, most of their rides are things like Nissan Versas, Ford Focus', etc. But if you've saved as much as you say you have, then the remainder after your down payment would probably make you finance no more than what Nissan Versa, Ford Focus, etc. costs anyway.

Make the right decision, your education comes first.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:59 PM   #72
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
I got a double major and now work for a large company making well over the national average salary. I still feel dumb as crap because of all the people I see in higher salary grades with Master's degrees. I wish I had stayed in school the extra year in a half because I could've I just got tempted by the first decent job offer I got.

Challenge yourself, you won't regret it like me. That doesn't mean get as many advanced degrees as humanly possible. It means sit down and think truly and honestly where you want to be in 5 and 10 years and ask yourself if you can do that by putting off your goals by even one year. But trust me if you pay cash for the car this year, You'll be putting off school for more than a year.

Also, if this is any incentive. Living by myself I saved enough cash to pay for a top of the line 3 series BMW in 1 year. I could've done that, but instead I thought of what I'd be losing if I spent my money on a car.... In my case I wouldn't be able to put enough money down on the house I wanted. So I chose the bigger picture. Now I have a garage, and plenty of room for a dog and kids (eventually) and I am only putting of my car purchase by a year and a half.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:01 PM   #73
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
This should not even be a question, you would be a complete retard to get the Camaro now.
Agree...

I'm sitting here PRAYING that the OP is just pulling our legs..
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:09 PM   #74
rodscamaro

Drives: 07' TAHOE LTZ
So your GPA suffers a little, no big deal, who says you can't have a Camaro and go to school. Just find a job that you can do your homework at
rodscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:11 PM   #75
mrcowboy

Drives: SS Camaro RJT
Exactly, look for a job on campus where they will be flexible with you...and get your car. Even if it means going with a cheaper model at a lower price point.
mrcowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:21 PM   #76
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
Immediate gratification is cool, but if you really want all the toys, go to school.
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:22 PM   #77
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Don't make a mistake that you will regret. Go to school and get an education. You can always buy the car later. Harder to go back to school later and recover what you would have lost.
Inspector 17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #78
DDustiNN

Drives: Cars
Absolutely, school first! Then once you get the high-paying job, feel free to spoil yourself

I got my Associate and Bachelor degrees, finished 2 years ago... Now have a nice-paying, secure (gov't) job, and a Camaro And on top of that, I just started my Masters this semester, courtesy of my job

Believe me... It may not sound appealing at first, but it really does pay off in the end!
DDustiNN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #79
VR Code R6P

Drives: 2011 Race Red GT500 w/ SVT Perf Pkg
Go to school. There will always be another hot car, only hotter!

Last edited by VR Code R6P; 10-12-2009 at 06:22 PM.
VR Code R6P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:38 PM   #80
WhiteCrane

Drives: 2010 Mustang GT
Send a message via AIM to WhiteCrane Send a message via Skype™ to WhiteCrane
School!

An education will make you enough money to buy this car as an after-thought.
WhiteCrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:53 PM   #81
AlaskaZ06

Drives: 1968 RS/SS 396
Dont let everyone tell you that the only way you can get a high paying job is with a college education, that pure BS. I have over 40 employees that make over 60k a year and none of them have a degree and my foreman make well over a 100k. In the past five years I have hired college students for summer work, 90% of them are now full time......I'm not saying buy a Camaro instead, just dont listen to all the no degree no job BS.
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette convertible
1971 Corvette convertible
1968 RS/SS 396 Camaro
2009 335i xdrive BMW[/B]
AlaskaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #82
Nezacant

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
How much Horse Power does school have? None.

Get the Camaro.
Old 09-30-2009, 02:59 PM   #83
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaZ06 View Post
Dont let everyone tell you that the only way you can get a high paying job is with a college education, that pure BS. I have over 40 employees that make over 60k a year and none of them have a degree and my foreman make well over a 100k. In the past five years I have hired college students for summer work, 90% of them are now full time......I'm not saying buy a Camaro instead, just dont listen to all the no degree no job BS.
guess it depends on whether or not you want to work in a trade/labor field or in an office where you stare at a computer all day and gossip about how your one co-worker slept with the other one. If you don't like getting your hands dirty, I don't know how you're gonna get any money w/o a degree though. I guess Bill Gates and Kanye West did it though.

but seriously. College is not for everyone. If you don't thrive in a classroom environment, you probably shouldn't waste your money going to college and getting below a 3.0. Because most employers won't hire you if you have lower than a 3.0. So This guy is right, think about what you are good at and strive to do that before getting the instant gratification of a car.
Old 09-30-2009, 03:02 PM   #84
AlaskaZ06

Drives: 1968 RS/SS 396
Quote:
Originally Posted by cab2g View Post
guess it depends on whether or not you want to work in a trade/labor field or in an office where you stare at a computer all day and gossip about how your one co-worker slept with the other one. If you don't like getting your hands dirty, I don't know how you're gonna get any money w/o a degree though. I guess Bill Gates and Kanye West did it though.

but seriously. College is not for everyone. If you don't thrive in a classroom environment, you probably shouldn't waste your money going to college and getting below a 3.0. Because most employers won't hire you if you have lower than a 3.0. So This guy is right, think about what you are good at and strive to do that before getting the instant gratification of a car.
Well said.....
1993 Ruby Red 40th Anniversary Corvette convertible
1971 Corvette convertible
1968 RS/SS 396 Camaro
2009 335i xdrive BMW[/B]
AlaskaZ06 is offline   Reply With Quote