Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 03-21-2017, 05:52 PM   #2283
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan4life87 View Post
Bolded below is key to attaining your goal, IMHO.

- Age and endogenous testosterone are inversely related. Just a FYI

- Add creatine (5g per day) and BCAAs (10g per day) to your protein shake. These are not revolutionary additions to your whey protein shakes and they can (and should) be taken year round. No 'stacking' or whatever is required. I recommend utilizing Bulk Supplements brand as it is 100% whatever product you're ordering, no added anything. Take whey, creatine and BCAAs upon waking, pre and post workout.

- Consider adding Casein protein to your dietary intake, in particular at night to fuel recovery during sleep.

- Change your rep scheme on the primary lift you are seeking to increase (in this case bench press). I'd recommend the 5-4-3-2-1 scheme.

- Strengthen your triceps. This helps with lockout. Strengthen your anterior deltoids. This helps with lift off. Do floor presses (google) - this also helps with lockout.

- If all else fails, you can always research and weigh the benefits of trying out the ECA stack. This will give you tremendous strength while shedding body fat more effectively than any fat loss supplement or pre-work out. At your age, I wouldn't mess with this.
One of my favorites. I can always know about what my bench is based on my floor press max.

To add on to what he said, do other barbell exercises to strengthen the bench. Rack lockouts, board presses, floor presses, etc....

100m sprinters don't run 100m sprints every day....

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 11:45 PM   #2284
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Drives: C7 Z06 manual, 18 Zl1 manual, etc
Man I feel so amazing! Just got in from the gym and I'm at 180 on the head finally. I'm at 10.9 bf (on a bulking cycle) and tbh I am on a 4 month test and tren cycle. No matter what I don't gain, this gives me the best results and my strengths are definitely soaring as well.
mariojmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:17 AM   #2285
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Sharkskin
Quote:
Originally Posted by mariojmoe View Post
Man I feel so amazing! Just got in from the gym and I'm at 180 on the head finally. I'm at 10.9 bf (on a bulking cycle) and tbh I am on a 4 month test and tren cycle. No matter what I don't gain, this gives me the best results and my strengths are definitely soaring as well.
Never heard of someone bulking and at the same time "no matter what I don't gain". Simple, you ain't eatin enough buddy. 10.9%bf and bulking shouldn't even be in the same sentence. It appears to me that you just want that lean, sports figure. Nothing wrong with that at all.
hrpiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #2286
volfan4life87

Drives: 2014 1LT RS V6 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
Nice. Some big lifters there.

Cookeville TN.
Awesome man - I used to live there when I went to TN Tech from 2008-2010. I worked out at tech's gym quite a bit but it was always overcrowded. I got a membership at the fitness center on Jefferson and it was epic - truly a "lifter's gym" if you know what I mean. They had 24/7 keycard entry (literally 24/7, I went in on christmas eve one year).
volfan4life87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 01:07 PM   #2287
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrpiii View Post
Never heard of someone bulking and at the same time "no matter what I don't gain". Simple, you ain't eatin enough buddy. 10.9%bf and bulking shouldn't even be in the same sentence. It appears to me that you just want that lean, sports figure. Nothing wrong with that at all.
I eat like a horse believe it or not but just clean. I have a very fast metabolism and I pretty much stay very lean most of the time. it is ok and I'm not complaining but I don't wanna look like a 19 yo at my age. I prefer the muscular but somewhat cut look vs my swimmers/ runners build.
Old 03-22-2017, 01:49 PM   #2288
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
I eat like a horse believe it or not but just clean. I have a very fast metabolism and I pretty much stay very lean most of the time. it is ok and I'm not complaining but I don't wanna look like a 19 yo at my age. I prefer the muscular but somewhat cut look vs my swimmers/ runners build.
Regardless of how much you eat if you're not gaining you're not eating enough or you may need to adjust your ratios. Maybe loosen up a little on the "eating clean" for a bit. I'm not saying junk food but higher calorie options.
CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 02:19 PM   #2289
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by volfan4life87 View Post
Awesome man - I used to live there when I went to TN Tech from 2008-2010. I worked out at tech's gym quite a bit but it was always overcrowded. I got a membership at the fitness center on Jefferson and it was epic - truly a "lifter's gym" if you know what I mean. They had 24/7 keycard entry (literally 24/7, I went in on christmas eve one year).
Hah. That's where we train in addition to Crossfit Mayhem.

Monique already lived here. When I moved up here we visited all the gyms...told her let's go in here. She said it's old. We walked in and instantly you knew it was a lifters gym. 2 squat racks, dumbbell to 160, and chains hanging on the wall ��

And the decision was made lol.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-22-2017, 02:20 PM   #2290
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
Regardless of how much you eat if you're not gaining you're not eating enough or you may need to adjust your ratios. Maybe loosen up a little on the "eating clean" for a bit. I'm not saying junk food but higher calorie options.
This and start doing the 20 rep squat routine and drink milk.

Trust me....

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-22-2017, 02:25 PM   #2291
CFD

Quote:
This and start doing the 20 rep squat routine and drink milk.

Trust me....
Don't recall seeing any kind of workout posted. Could need to concentrate on the bigger lifts, squats, deads ,presses. typically many mass gaining programs rely heavily on them as well as a large caloric surplus.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:42 PM   #2292
mariojmoe
Account Suspended

I am scared to alter my clean"ish" eating as I have a nice six pack and don't want to lose it. I have seen a lot of guys bulk up but the abs are the first thing that goes. After I take a shower I will chime back in here and list my workout routine. I am bulking now so heavy lifts/ low reps. I would guestimate my caloric intake around 2500 a day on the higher side. I do very little to no cardio but am active and hit the gym 5-6 days a week.
Old 03-22-2017, 03:54 PM   #2293
CFD

Quote:
I am scared to alter my clean"ish" eating as I have a nice six pack and don't want to lose it. I have seen a lot of guys bulk up but the abs are the first thing that goes. After I take a shower I will chime back in here and list my workout routine. I am bulking now so heavy lifts/ low reps. I would guestimate my caloric intake around 2500 a day on the higher side. I do very little to no cardio but am active and hit the gym 5-6 days a week.
That doesn't seem to be adequate calories for gaining. I think the biggest problem is you're trying to meet two different goals that require two different approaches.

Everyone is different but I'm 62, I'm 6' tall weight 180 and at 2500 cals I'll be right around maintenance. I workout 3 to 4 days lifting and 2-3 HIIT.

When buking, the six pack is still there, you just can't see it. lol You just have to accept the fact that you may gain a little fat with the muscle but if you work hard and eat right when you do a cutting phase, shed the fat and retain some of the muscle and that's how you grow yet still keep the physique you're looking for from what I can see. If it was easy everyone would look like Arnold.
Old 03-22-2017, 06:07 PM   #2294
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Yes would be good to see your routines.

But again....

20 rep squat workout and drink milk.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 03-23-2017, 06:20 AM   #2295
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
and there is the problem. No way on this earth can you keep a six pack and bulk. You may be trying to tell yourself that, but you won't convince anyone in here. Just say "I'm eating super clean and working out hard to keep the figure I have". Nothing wrong with that, but when you start using the word "bulking", that takes on a whole new meaning.

For example. I have one of my trainee's bulking. He went from 210 lbs, to 243 lbs. He is probably about 25% BF. His lifts on the other hand has hit new PR's that he thought he would never see. This past week, bench 405 lbs, squat 565 lbs, deadlift 645 lbs. He is a beast now at 31 years old. I will have him drop back to 230 lbs for a powerlifting event coming mid April. .....and no six pack...lol
Old 03-23-2017, 06:20 AM   #2296
hrpiii
AKA "Beefcake"

Quote:
Yes would be good to see your routines.

But again....

20 rep squat workout and drink milk.
You should put that on a t-shirt. It's perfect!