Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > Regional Sections > CANADA

Bigwormgraphix

Old 02-07-2024, 08:04 PM   #43
5.3Avalanche

Drives: '08 Silverado, '99 T/A WS6
I’ve given up on my quest and GM in general. What a pathetic conclusion to the combustion engined Camaro. I found a couple more 1LEs but by the time I contacted the dealers, they had been sold, or they didn’t want to sell out of province. I ended up deciding to go with a non-1LE SS and then buy the wheels and lowering springs and front splitter and flat black hood to make a fake 1LE. Well just my luck, I found a beautiful 2SS manual car that fit the bill and I put a deposit down on it. Was ready to arrange for the pickup a few days later and finalize the paperwork. When I called the dealer, he told me that the car he sold me unfortunately had been sold to someone else a few days prior, but nobody marked it in their inventory log, so my salesman didn’t know it was sold already. What a joke. So I got another deposit refunded. I guess at the end of this whole saga, I likely saved myself a lot of money, and i didn’t pay GM money they don’t deserve, especially with the dumb markups on MSRP the past 2 years way above inflation. I really despise GM these days with their crazy push to an all EV lineup with no thought towards their heritage and legacy customers. I’ve driven GM my whole life and I’m a die hard fan. I’m that guy that wears the hats and the t-shirts and supports them whenever. But I’ve just about had it now. None of their new vehicles interest me, and their pricing is out of control. Maybe it’s time to give the new Ford Mustang a try.
Old 02-07-2024, 09:45 PM   #44
arpad_m

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS A8
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5.3Avalanche View Post
I’ve given up on my quest and GM in general. What a pathetic conclusion the the combustion engined Camaro. I found a couple more 1LEs but by the time I contacted the dealers, they had been sold, or they didn’t want to sell out of province. I ended up deciding to go with a non-1LE SS and then buy the wheels and lowering springs and front splitter and flat black hood to make a fake 1LE. Well just my luck, I found a beautiful 2SS manual car that fit the bill and I put a deposit down on it. Was ready to arrange for the pickup a few days later and finalize the paperwork. When I called the dealer, he told me that the car he sold me unfortunately had been sold. Few days prior, but nobody marked it in their inventory log, so my salesman didn’t know it was sold already. What a joke. So I got another deposit refunded. I guess at the end of this whole saga, I likely saved myself a lot of money, and i didn’t pay GM money they don’t deserve, especially with the dumb markups on MSRP the past 2 years way above inflation. I really despise GM these days with their crazy push to an all EV lineup with no thought towards their heritage and legacy customers. I’ve driven GM my whole life and I’m a die hard fan. I’m that guy that wears the hats and the t-shirts and supports them whenever. But I’ve just about had it now. None of their new vehicles interest me, and their pricing is out of control. Maybe it’s time to give the new Ford Mustang a try.
Sad story, but I completely understand the sentiment. We are no longer the people GM is after, that's all.

I hope that in the end common sense and values that go beyond the next quarterly P&L will prevail, as they tend to in the long run.

Magnuson TVS 2300 80mm pulley | Kooks 1 7/8" LT headers | JRE smooth idle terminator cam | LT4 FS & injectors | TSP forged pistons & rods
JMS PowerMAX | DSX flex fuel kit | Roto-Fab CAI | Soler 95mm LT5 TB | 1LE wheels | 1LE brakes | BMR rear cradle lockout | JRE custom tune

1100 - 1/30/18 | 2000 - 1/31/18
3000 - 2/06/18 TPW 2/26/18
3400 - 2/19/18 | 3800 - 2/26/18
4300 - 2/27/18 | 4B00 - 3/01/18
4200 - 3/05/18 | 4800 - 3/14/18
5000 - 3/16/18 | 6000 - 3/19/18
arpad_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 06:36 AM   #45
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
I’ve given up on my quest and GM in general. What a pathetic conclusion to the combustion engined Camaro. I found a couple more 1LEs but by the time I contacted the dealers, they had been sold, or they didn’t want to sell out of province. I ended up deciding to go with a non-1LE SS and then buy the wheels and lowering springs and front splitter and flat black hood to make a fake 1LE. Well just my luck, I found a beautiful 2SS manual car that fit the bill and I put a deposit down on it. Was ready to arrange for the pickup a few days later and finalize the paperwork. When I called the dealer, he told me that the car he sold me unfortunately had been sold to someone else a few days prior, but nobody marked it in their inventory log, so my salesman didn’t know it was sold already. What a joke. So I got another deposit refunded. I guess at the end of this whole saga, I likely saved myself a lot of money, and i didn’t pay GM money they don’t deserve, especially with the dumb markups on MSRP the past 2 years way above inflation. I really despise GM these days with their crazy push to an all EV lineup with no thought towards their heritage and legacy customers. I’ve driven GM my whole life and I’m a die hard fan. I’m that guy that wears the hats and the t-shirts and supports them whenever. But I’ve just about had it now. None of their new vehicles interest me, and their pricing is out of control. Maybe it’s time to give the new Ford Mustang a try.

Are these all gone?

https://www.islandgm.com/inventory/n...g1r78r0109663/

https://www.taylorautomall.com/inven...h1r70r0120363/

https://www.woodwheaton.com/inventor...g1r70r0112265/

https://www.larryhudson.com/new/vehi...id12842652.htm

https://www.stjeromechevrolet.com/en...o/2ss/31910712

https://www.harrisoceansidegm.com/ve...sale_class=New

https://www.birchwoodchevrolet.ca/in...H1R73R0110748/

If you do look at the thread below this one and use the postal code provided you can bring up all the Camaro's in Canada. There are a bunch of 2SS's listed with the 1LE pack. Hard to believe they would all be gone.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2024, 10:42 AM   #46
Exia
Exia

Drives: '23 Corvette Z06/Z07 & '22 2SS 1LE
I did find a few '24 1SS manuals back in December at a dealer, couldn't find any other brand new. Saw they had a '22 2SS 1LE manual in Satin Steel that had come in on trade and wasn't even in their system out front when I came in to look at the '24 and purchased that instead for a little bit more which I thought was well worth it for all the extra goodies the 2SS and 1LE give you.

So I did get my Camaro.
Exia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 02:56 PM   #47
5.3Avalanche

Drives: '08 Silverado, '99 T/A WS6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwL_Wildcat View Post
Thanks. There are only 2 on that list that are manual 1LE SS cars, and they are both in B.C. The shipping alone I got a quote for would be $4k, and they want me to get the car to Vancouver for pickup. Bunch of hassle on an $85k SS Camaro. On top of that, the dealers don’t seem interested to deal with someone from Ontario. I’ve moved on to try and pick up a new M6 Blackwing Cadillac. At least I can use my GM preferred pricing discount on that.
Old 03-04-2024, 02:41 PM   #48
SwL_Wildcat

Drives: 2024 ZL1
Quote:
Thanks. There are only 2 on that list that are manual 1LE SS cars, and they are both in B.C. The shipping alone I got a quote for would be $4k, and they want me to get the car to Vancouver for pickup. Bunch of hassle on an $85k SS Camaro. On top of that, the dealers don’t seem interested to deal with someone from Ontario. I’ve moved on to try and pick up a new M6 Blackwing Cadillac. At least I can use my GM preferred pricing discount on that.

Just jump on a plane and drive it home, or I'd drive it out for you when the weather is better. You pay for fuel and 2 plane tickets back to Comox. I'm sure my wife would love to go for a drive across Canada.
SwL_Wildcat is offline   Reply With Quote