Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V6

Old 04-16-2014, 12:25 PM   #29
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Drives: 2016 C7 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnumForceGB View Post
I have a feeling that people are expecting such massive gains they will be disappointed with the results.

One thing I'm wondering about is that since our cars dyno like crap due to the knock sensors, how will tuners handle that aspect?
Knock sensor have been around for years on GM cars. The vettes have had them for years. Experienced tuners know how to work around and with it. Some tuners I know Street tune the cars to avoid that also.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Old 04-16-2014, 12:57 PM   #30
MagnumForceGB

Drives: Fastest 2010 Camaro V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
Knock sensor have been around for years on GM cars. The vettes have had them for years. Experienced tuners know how to work around and with it. Some tuners I know Street tune the cars to avoid that also.

Think street tuning is the best, you don't drag race on a dyno. I am curious if they will be able to supply fuel past 6 psi on the LLT, seems like Arno was the only one to do it.

I may let them tune my transmission after I get 3.91 gears, but that would be it, I love my ECU tune.
Old 04-16-2014, 01:22 PM   #31
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Think street tuning is the best, you don't drag race on a dyno. I am curious if they will be able to supply fuel past 6 psi on the LLT, seems like Arno was the only one to do it.

I may let them tune my transmission after I get 3.91 gears, but that would be it, I love my ECU tune.
I actually boost close to 7psi on my weak tune. I think tweaked right we can see more but not nothing crazy.

With my meth kit I was boosting 11-12psi on a weak tune just fine. So improvements are possible with the abilty of all shops having access to a suite that can tune the LLT.

Also after time and all these shops start to compile data on the LLT and share information. We will see great things come to light. Including cheaper prices on parts and tuning.

Old 04-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #32
MagnumForceGB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can't_C_Me View Post
I actually boost close to 7psi on my weak tune. I think tweaked right we can see more but not nothing crazy.

With my meth kit I was boosting 11-12psi on a weak tune just fine. So improvements are possible with the abilty of all shops having access to a suite that can tune the LLT.

Also after time and all these shops start to compile data on the LLT and share information. We will see great things come to light. Including cheaper prices on parts and tuning.

Lower prices would be nice, some Camaro parts are too expensive.

I'm about to install a meth kit, wonder if I can raise my boost a little.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:58 PM   #33
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Lower prices would be nice, some Camaro parts are too expensive.

I'm about to install a meth kit, wonder if I can raise my boost a little.
That's what I and some others like Derrick use the meth kit for. To up the boost and give it a little extra fuel.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:05 PM   #34
HP Turbine
Boosted

Drives: 2012 1LT RS... with snails
Yep, I've been looking for some meth too.

IPS Twin Turbos, Corsa Exhaust, Ported Throttle Body. 461 rwhp 443 rwtq!! *Cameron Hass.ani*
HP Turbine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 04:10 PM   #35
MagnumForceGB

Hate to get off topic but where did you put the injection point? I have my IAT 4 inches before the throttle body. I've read to have it 6 inches before the IAT and you should have it right after the intercooler?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:22 PM   #36
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Hate to get off topic but where did you put the injection point? I have my IAT 4 inches before the throttle body. I've read to have it 6 inches before the IAT and you should have it right after the intercooler?
Mine is about 3 1/2" after the MAF and about 7" from the TB.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:28 PM   #37
sycraft
COTW 5/06/2013

Drives: 2017 Corvette Grand Sport-Ho-Vette
I have had no stalling and much better throttle response without hesitation since Matt at FSP "Calibrated" my Camaro. Notice I said "Calibrated".. A canned tune is average across the spectrum of vehicles being compared, one tune to work across a wide spectrum. IPF has gone to great lengths to adjust for individual vehicles and it has worked well. A little tweaking based on what the car wants will outperform a canned tune. Remember, altitude, fuel quality, engine condition and mods will affect all cars in a different manner. Props to HPT for unlocking the potential for people who want to maximize and personalize their car.
Old 04-23-2014, 09:25 AM   #38
J and M Motorsports Mike

Drives: 2014 1LE & 72 RS Twin Turbo
For you new New England guys and girls I will be able help you with tuning your LLT cars. I have the BATA fron HP Tuners and am working with Bill from HP to get this all working perfectly. Any questions please ask.
J and M Motorsports Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 04:22 PM   #39
ben3350

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT ABM
If a twin turbo gets released for our LLT's and the performance and stability is there, I will be one of the first to get one.

Not crazy about a near 7 grand, but if it can give better performance than the IPF supercharger, then I'm game.

I know actions speak louder than words, but at least know there is interest for this.
Old 04-23-2014, 04:39 PM   #40
Can't_C_Me
Don't Sleep on My V6

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben3350 View Post
If a twin turbo gets released for our LLT's and the performance and stability is there, I will be one of the first to get one.

Not crazy about a near 7 grand, but if it can give better performance than the IPF supercharger, then I'm game.

I know actions speak louder than words, but at least know there is interest for this.
IPS and RPD have TT kits for the LLT and they are stable. But the tuning to get them to that pint was crazy. They haven't been released in masses because of the tuning. $7k is normal for a properly equipped TT kit. Any cheaper and you better second guess it.