Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-14-2012, 10:13 AM   #1
rd67

Drives: 2010 Silverado LTZ,2012 Camaro 2SS
Has anyone had issues with water getting into their Camaro during heavy rain???

I was wondering if anyone out ther has came out to their camaro after a heavy rain and noticed that water got in to the vehicle that was not easily explainable. We got a heavy downpour of rain during the night Friday and I thought nothing of the rain possibly getting in the vehicle until I got some things out of the car on Sunday morning and behind the drivers seat the floorboard was soaked!!! I was in the front of our driveway so it was not from flooding into the vehicle, I had the windows and sunroof fully closed so I am really confused as to how my back seat driver floorboard was wet and I luckily had the back seat floor mat actually act like a sponge. I checked the functionality of the windows because the windows actually drop down about a quarter of an inch when you open the door and once you close the door they raise back up ( It is supposed to help with the sealing of the windows by depressurizing the cabin of the vehicle and then sealing the cabin once the door is closed again ) I have owned this 2012 Camaro for all of 2 weeks and needless to say I am hoping this is a fixable situation and not an ongoing problem. If any of you good people have any information that might help with troubleshooting the problem or any experience with a similar problem it would very much appreciated, Thanks.
rd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:16 AM   #2
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Are you crazy. Half of these nut cases on this forum think it's a sin to have your car in the rain.

I personally haven't experienced this problem. Good luck
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
1954 Belair-man

Drives: 2010 Camaro IOM 1SS M6
Sorry your having this issue. I have not had a problem and i have been in some extra heavy rain and i've had no leaks, but i do not have a sunroof. Is there any signs of moisture around the roof area?
1954 Belair-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:19 AM   #4
BowtieBelle
They see me trollin'...

Drives: 217 ci of fury; Chauffeured by SS
Call the dealer; I believe there are various TSB's out there addressing possible sources of this, as it is a known issue.

2011 Custom LT/RS: Bella's Build Thread
BowtieBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:23 AM   #5
H0peful1

Drives: --
You might try this thread. http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread...32#post4383532 You might try the search function at the top right of the forum.

ETA: a search revealed similar issues related to everything from a problem with the a/c drain tube, weather stripping, window indexing, unsealed joint/hole, etc. Some related threads in the Camaro Issues/Problems sub forum.

Hope the dealer can solve and fix quickly for you!

Last edited by H0peful1; 05-14-2012 at 10:52 AM.
H0peful1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:12 AM   #6
rd67

Drives: 2010 Silverado LTZ,2012 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1954 Belair-man View Post
Sorry your having this issue. I have not had a problem and i have been in some extra heavy rain and i've had no leaks, but i do not have a sunroof. Is there any signs of moisture around the roof area?
Thanks for your reply. Yes, I do have a sunroof but, I do not see any evidence of leakage from the sunroof area. I will have to do the " sit in the car and have my other half put the water hose to it " and see if i can see any leaks. I went to a thread that another Camaro 5 member linked to me and there are some horror stories about leak issues. I think they are rather isolated and hopefully I can diagnose and treat the problem quickly, Thanks to all for the advice.
rd67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:14 AM   #7
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
none!! ZERO!
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:17 AM   #8
PsychoZL1

Drives: 2015 Challenger SRT
Nope, I haven't had any weather related issues with mine.
PsychoZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:25 AM   #9
soloknight6
SoCal HT5! SD

Drives: 2016 red hot 2ss M6
no problems here, and Roxanne sits outside all day everyday rain or shine. no cover.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:34 AM   #10
camaross1
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 45th Camaro 2SS
No problems here, although mine has never been in the rain
camaross1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 11:46 AM   #11
CWI
Helping Build America

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS,LS3 2013 Duramax 3500HD
I get water inside if it rains and the window is down.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #12
Swacer

Drives: 2018 GT350
Been in rain a few times now, and its always been dry. Sorry.
Old 05-14-2012, 11:51 AM   #13
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by rd67 View Post
I was wondering if anyone out ther has came out to their camaro after a heavy rain and noticed that water got in to the vehicle that was not easily explainable. We got a heavy downpour of rain during the night Friday and I thought nothing of the rain possibly getting in the vehicle until I got some things out of the car on Sunday morning and behind the drivers seat the floorboard was soaked!!! I was in the front of our driveway so it was not from flooding into the vehicle, I had the windows and sunroof fully closed so I am really confused as to how my back seat driver floorboard was wet and I luckily had the back seat floor mat actually act like a sponge. I checked the functionality of the windows because the windows actually drop down about a quarter of an inch when you open the door and once you close the door they raise back up ( It is supposed to help with the sealing of the windows by depressurizing the cabin of the vehicle and then sealing the cabin once the door is closed again ) I have owned this 2012 Camaro for all of 2 weeks and needless to say I am hoping this is a fixable situation and not an ongoing problem. If any of you good people have any information that might help with troubleshooting the problem or any experience with a similar problem it would very much appreciated, Thanks.

I can only imagine how frustrating this situation may be. If you would like to private message me your name, VIN, address, best phone number to contact, and mileage, I will be happy to look into this further for you. I would consider going to the dealership first to see if they can assist you.

All the best,

Brandon
Chevrolet Customer Service
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
1985airborne
One Slow Automatic

Drives: 2017 GS 2010 CAMARO SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIweldace View Post
I get water inside if it rains and the window is down.
LMAO