Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 03-24-2015, 07:27 PM   #29
TommyTheCat
SHKE BKE

Drives: 2013 Camaro
lol terrible trade, just get an SS or wait for the 6th gen later this year.
If you don't like the 6th, dealers will be putting 5th gens on sale to get room for the 6th. Just wait a couple months and it'll be officially released by GM so you can decide if it's worth waiting for
TommyTheCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:28 PM   #30
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synyster View Post
That red Z28? I went up there a few weeks ago to check out a Z06 and saw it. Those cars are SO mean, I was thoroughly impressed on looks alone. Hadn't seen one in person yet.

OP, don't do it not worth it.
Yea it's a 2015 Red Hot Z/28 with AC and Radio. Took it for a for a test drive and boy is that car a beast. I truly love everything about the car, but wasn't going to spend that much on a car right now. Give it 5 months and the price on them well fall.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 07:46 PM   #31
BaneSlayer

Drives: 2011 V6
Thanks guys! I'll wait on an SS. I'll buy a seperate GTO when I'm a firefighter next year because I do like the car and I'll be able to spend a little more. And Synyster . You're the reason I couldn't have that name! I tried registering with it when I joined haha. Name of my favorite Guitarist.
BaneSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:14 PM   #32
Synyster

Drives: 2006 F150 Lariat
Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
Yea it's a 2015 Red Hot Z/28 with AC and Radio. Took it for a for a test drive and boy is that car a beast. I truly love everything about the car, but wasn't going to spend that much on a car right now. Give it 5 months and the price on them well fall.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
They offered to let me take it out, but I wasn't about to learn to drive manual on a dealer's nearly $80k car haha. One day I'll have the opportunity though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaneSlayer View Post
Thanks guys! I'll wait on an SS. I'll buy a seperate GTO when I'm a firefighter next year because I do like the car and I'll be able to spend a little more. And Synyster . You're the reason I couldn't have that name! I tried registering with it when I joined haha. Name of my favorite Guitarist.
Yep Synyster Gates is a boss, for sure. I've been using variations of it online since 2008.
Synyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 08:48 PM   #33
VOLmanTN
Go Vols!

Drives: 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaneSlayer View Post
If you just want a GTO toy. Over 100k miles the value tanks and they can be had pretty cheap. Smart decision.
VOLmanTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 09:24 PM   #34
BaneSlayer

Drives: 2011 V6
Don't get me wrong though. This might be far fetched to some of you, but the GTO was the funnest car I've ever driven. I've driven a Mustang 5.0, Charger SRT8, Camaro SS, Challenger RT, even imports through out my car searches, and nothing has made me laugh happy than that goat. But the Camaro is gonna be in my sights. I will definitely purchase a GTO next year though.

Synyster: Maybe I should start using Shadows or something lol.
BaneSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 07:32 AM   #35
EFI

Drives: something faster than you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsafe17 View Post
they are fat ladies too @ 3700lbs and kinda bland looking..
I agree with you on the bland part, but at a guy who's car is pushing 2 tons calling another 3700lb car "fat".
EFI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 06:55 PM   #36
Jsafe17

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6spd LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by EFI View Post
I agree with you on the bland part, but at a guy who's car is pushing 2 tons calling another 3700lb car "fat".
Read it again...... {too = also}... As in comparison to the gen 5 he has, we have, smart guy
Jsafe17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:30 PM   #37
TitusSS

Drives: ECS Supercharged 2010 SS
My 2006 GTO was the best car I ever owned. Got taken out by a driver that was texting and not looking. Yeah I like my supercharged Camaro but the GTO I loved even more.
Attached Images

TitusSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:28 PM   #38
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by TitusSS View Post
My 2006 GTO was the best car I ever owned. Got taken out by a driver that was texting and not looking. Yeah I like my supercharged Camaro but the GTO I loved even more.
Those tires and rims look SO good!

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 08:17 PM   #39
BRMike

Drives: 2017 Corvette
Those wheels did look good. I've been debating for years as to whether or not have my factory 18's widened.

OP, I have really enjoyed my GTO for the past 10.5 years. I plan on keeping it and adding a 6th gen Camaro. Having said that, I'd hold on to your current Camaro and save up some money for a Camaro SS.
BRMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:26 AM   #40
PHXLT1

Drives: black Z28
I like the GTO's. Its not something you see, or ever will see, again so you'll have a unique sports car that, in my opinion, will only go up in value as they become more rare. Think about it! How many people gave up the GTO's back in the 70's only to kick themselvs now because those cars are worth a pretty penny. You hear it from the old schoolers all the time. I had one of those, wish I would have kept it.
2015 Silverado (mine!)
54 Belair (wife's)
2004 silverado (daughters)
PHXLT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:42 AM   #41
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by 87GNX View Post
Its a v8 go for it.
A V8 don't mean anything if you don't like the looks of it! A v8 don't cover up the looks. I picked a V6 Camaro over a 13GT and RT challenger just because I loved everything about the car including the looks .
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 11:51 AM   #42
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXLT1 View Post
I like the GTO's. Its not something you see, or ever will see, again so you'll have a unique sports car that, in my opinion, will only go up in value as they become more rare. Think about it! How many people gave up the GTO's back in the 70's only to kick themselvs now because those cars are worth a pretty penny. You hear it from the old schoolers all the time. I had one of those, wish I would have kept it.
Well, I guess any car that don't last or don't do well is unique!
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote