Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 06-20-2016, 11:08 AM   #1
Yeager1990

Drives: 2012 2ss/rs L99
UNREAL!!! Maybe you can help

Is the agp fuel kit installable without dropping the rear cradle. I'm on a time crunch and lacking a extra jack or help so if it can be done by the access door method and slightly lowering everything else that would be great. I can't get ahold of Kevin otherwise I wouldn't ask
Tuning by Greg Adams
Yeager1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:26 AM   #2
blake-b

Drives: 2009 ZR1
Yes, you can install it via an access door under the rear seat. Be very careful when cutting as the drivers front corner sheet metal where you cut is almost touching the tank.

You don't need to lower anything if you don't want to.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...65&postcount=2

My own:
The second pic has a piece of weatherstripping out of place that makes it look like the pumps are off center. they are pretty centered and went straight in.
Attached Images

Last edited by blake-b; 06-20-2016 at 02:45 PM.
blake-b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:36 AM   #3
shibbs
Captain Gingerbeard

Drives: 2012 IOM RS/SS 6MT
Dropping the subframe is a long way from difficult. Unclip the abs harness on the pass front of the subframe, disconnect the e-brake lines to the calipers, unbolt the calipers themselves, unbolt the driveshaft, and then it's 4 big bolts.

I was a bit apprehensive myself about doing it, but it wasn't difficult at all.
Pedders Coilovers, BMR trailing arms and toe-links, Prothane solid poly subframe bushings, JDP Motorsports rear upper control arm bushings, Texas Speed long-tube headers with 2" primaries, modified fully 3" Magnaflow competition catback. CAI cold-air intake. DBA rotors, Hawk pads.

Quote:
'Hellcat' sounds like some kinda 15 year old furry with liek "I'm a blue fox with wings and magical kawaii powers" kind of sh*t.
shibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 01:42 PM   #4
avido

Drives: camaro ss\rs
I decided to cut the access door to switch from the stock to the zl1 fuel pump. Now I wish I bought the fore
2014 camaro SS Whipple powered ,3.750 pulley,ID850, CAI,Flowmaster American Thunder exhaust,MGW racing shifter,Bo White ported tb,MightyMouse Catch Can,Vitesse throttle controller,GM 3.91 rear end, Dynatech longtube haders, BTR Pd cam,Fluidampr stock pulley,ZL1 fuel pump and ADM fpcm, Phastek scoop and fluid thank relocation Bmr Motor mount . Tuned by Mastuning

avido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 02:34 PM   #5
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
What Blake said.
Old 06-20-2016, 08:54 PM   #6
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
I like the door. where did you get it from? and what size is it?
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:09 PM   #7
Yeager1990

Drives: 2012 2ss/rs L99
Lifesavers I appreciate it guys got ahold of Kevin he said a it's doable. Blake if you have anymore pics that would great I have Kevin's instructions but it's just a long paragraph and any reference would benefit
Tuning by Greg Adams
Yeager1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 09:50 PM   #8
blake-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1 View Post
I like the door. where did you get it from? and what size is it?
I got it from Jegs. It is this 8"x8" one

I took the outer part and traced it before I started cutting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeager1990 View Post
Lifesavers I appreciate it guys got ahold of Kevin he said a it's doable. Blake if you have anymore pics that would great I have Kevin's instructions but it's just a long paragraph and any reference would benefit
Those are the only pics I have of mine. The link in my post above has other pictures. Start the cut at the passenger rear corner. That is where the greatest distance is between the body and tank. You'll be able to pull up on the body as you get to the close area.
Old 06-20-2016, 10:22 PM   #9
Moreair1

Drives: 2011 ss convertible
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake-b View Post
I got it from Jegs. It is this 8"x8" one

I took the outer part and traced it before I started cutting.

Those are the only pics I have of mine. The link in my post above has other pictures. Start the cut at the passenger rear corner. That is where the greatest distance is between the body and tank. You'll be able to pull up on the body as you get to the close area.
Great job on the install blake that looks like professional quality
Old 06-20-2016, 10:32 PM   #10
blake-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moreair1 View Post
Great job on the install blake that looks like professional quality
Thank you.

Also, in the bottom pic, you'll notice there are no rivets in the driver's front corner of the door. There isn't enough room between the pan and the tank to install them.

I did score the tank a little in that area with the cutting tool. I felt inside the tank and there were no indications it was compromised internally so if you do catch the tank with your cutting tool (I was using a cut off wheel) you likely won't hurt the tank to the point it would leak. I would suggest using a nibbler. I had one but my air compressor wasn't up to par at the time. I upgraded later...
Old 06-20-2016, 11:03 PM   #11
SeaCompiler
...not a marine biologist

Drives: 2012 Camaro RY SS LS3
I cut a hole to access my fuel pump. I will tell you i used a dremel tool. But when i did, i was extremely careful not to cut any deeper than the metal. I had a zero tolerance for failure and i am glad i did because there is a band of wire just under the metal on the left and the fuel line not far below on the right. If you go this route, be careful and keep a fire extinguisher close by for safety - just sayin. There is another thread on this forum how to do this. Here is a link:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5708189
Forged 416 stroker Turbocharged with Huron Speed with Cam Motion custom grind,Tuned by Vengeance, 8psi, 25% PowerBond UDP, Ported TB, shaved heads, LS9 gaskets, chromoly pushrods, BT trunnions & dual valve springs, IWIS, Might Mouse CC, SJM Line Lock,, MSD 2-Step, ZL1 Rear End, ZL1 spoiler, Strut Brace, ARP bolts, Skip shift elim, A-Pillar Gauges, FR Style 41 20X10, 3 inch exhaust, blackouts, Lowered, Custom badges, Hines vents,RPI fender vents, Technostalgia Tail Lights, Metra Kit, Pioneer stereo, Morimoto RGB Halos,
"The Great Awakening" on gab.com
SeaCompiler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2016, 11:21 PM   #12
blake-b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaCompiler View Post
I cut a hole to access my fuel pump. I will tell you i used a dremel tool. But when i did, i was extremely careful not to cut any deeper than the metal. I had a zero tolerance for failure and i am glad i did because there is a band of wire just under the metal on the left and the fuel line not far below on the right. If you go this route, be careful and keep a fire extinguisher close by for safety - just sayin. There is another thread on this forum how to do this. Here is a link:
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5708189
Yep, I forgot to mention the wires running along there.