Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-26-2016, 08:46 AM   #1
mrWizard

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
New Clutch and Flywheel Question

I'm going to be installing a new clutch soon (no slipping or issues, just preemptive maintenance). I ordered this kit from Exedy:

EXEDY 04804 Racing Clutch Kit
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Do I need to replace the flywheel with this kit or will it fit the stock flywheel? Also, if it does fit the stock flywheel, should the flywheel need replacing or resurfacing? I haven't been to the track, rarely launch hard and have 60k miles on it.

Thanks.
mrWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 09:37 AM   #2
mrWizard

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Ended up calling Exedy and it fits the stock flywheel. But I am still wondering about resurfacing or replacing the flywheel. I'm hoping that someone can comment.
mrWizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2019, 06:10 PM   #3
Grizzly_SS

Drives: '10 Camaro SS
damn, cant believe no one ever commented. im sure you know already but for the future audience,

---- Unless its cracked or excessively heat spotted, and you're not doing any hard launches, autocross, etc.. anything that abuses the clutch, then just resurface the flywheel. For anything else a replacement is recommended, if you're not hard on the clutch the get another OEM flywheel, if you're boosting a steel is recommended, and if you're doing autocross or for a particular reason you want your RPM's to drop and raise faster/quickly, but will make stop and go traffic a bit harder then get an aluminum flywheel.

I went with an aluminum flywheel from fidanza, LS7 clutch and pilot bearing, Tick bearing support, and speed bleeder, and ARP bolts for the clutch.
Grizzly_SS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clutch, flywheel