Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 09-06-2015, 09:56 PM   #1
Diesel Tactical

Drives: 2017 1SS M6 NPP
Bugs, Bums, and Bird Sh!t....UGH!!!!!

This is basically a useless rant.

Everyday I go to drive my car their are ants and nats all over it. Plus spiders crawling all inside my car. It's irritating as hell. Also birds love to bomb my trunk lid no matter where I park. Is it the white paint? I've never had these issues in previous vehicles (none of which were white).

So I went to my corner gas station and did a quick touchless wash to get rid of it and I got harassed by a couple drunk homeless dudes while wiping it down by the pumps. Dude tells me he needs to use the phone, I said ok go for it. He stood there watching me swaying in the wind. Then he gets in my face saying where's it at!!! Where's what? I asked to use your phone, no you didn't you told me you need to use a phone, you never asked me for anything. He then threatens to F me up and for me and my car to get off his lot. I usually just laugh and play that stuff off. Not today though. This is the corner spot by my house and no bums going to run me off. I stood my ground and told him , do what you gotta do homeboy. He bucked up trying to get a rise outta me. I didn't bite, plus I know there's cameras all over the place. The attendant came out and ran him off. No sooner do I turn around another one starts up with me begging for money and running his mouth.

What's the deal with having a nice car? I've even been harassed by females demanding I give them money. One actually took money out of my hand as I walked to the counter to pay. I must just look like a mark?

Anyway just pissed and ranting.....
Diesel Tactical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 10:46 PM   #2
Trifecta23

Drives: 2013 Dusk 2ss/RS conv.
And a B ain't one...

jdm
Trifecta23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:41 PM   #3
510queen

Drives: 2011 LS
Ummmm where you live? I wish this would happen to me.....but wait how do you let someone take money from you? Why are they that close to you? Couldn't be me..... so many wrongs here
510queen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2015, 11:46 PM   #4
Foxfire15

Drives: 2015 2LT/RS BVM
oof, the pan handlers. I swear there's one on every corner these days. I'm sure some are legit, but there are so many I just ignore them all these days. If people come up to me in a parking lot, I just say I don't have cash (which I don't. Haven't carried cash regularly ever)
Foxfire15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 06:17 AM   #5
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Where do you live and why were you "swaying in the wind" while wiping your car? Yes, that will make you look vulnerable.

Read it "He stood there watching me,swaying in the wind".

not

"He stood there watching me swaying in the wind".
Old 09-07-2015, 06:19 AM   #6
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel Tactical View Post

Everyday I go to drive my car their are ants and nats all over it. Plus spiders crawling all inside my car. It's irritating as hell. Also birds love to bomb my trunk lid no matter where I park. Is it the white paint? I've never had these issues in previous vehicles (none of which were white).
Nothing to do with color. I have used wax that attracts bugs. I have owned cars in red, silver, dark blue, and light blue that all got a fair share of birdshit and then some. It might be because the cars were shiny although I can't prove that.
Old 09-07-2015, 06:26 AM   #7
JantzenOKC

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Twin Turbo
I always heard white and yellow attract the most bugs. God knows they love my car.
JantzenOKC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 07:44 AM   #8
Evil-Bee-NH
603 Camaros

Drives: 2017 NGM I4 1LT Coupe
Quote:
Originally Posted by JantzenOKC View Post
I always heard white and yellow attract the most bugs. God knows they love my car.
You forgot black impossible to keep clean without birdshit and bugs but with it's a losing battle.

MY 2017 I4 CAMARO BUILD JOURNAL | YOUTUBE | INSTAGRAM | 316RWHP - 385 RWTQ HPTUNERS DYNO TUNE | 12.693s @ 105MPH 1/4 Mile
Evil-Bee-NH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:07 AM   #9
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Nothing to do with color. I have used wax that attracts bugs. I have owned cars in red, silver, dark blue, and light blue that all got a fair share of birdshit and then some. It might be because the cars were shiny although I can't prove that.
This is not true....I was at a green house getting some trees for my backyard. For some reason the local chevy dealer had some cars on display in the building. The yellow and white camaro were covered in bugs. The grey on hardly had any at all.. Everybody that went by commented. It was quite funny.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:11 AM   #10
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Thank you for proving me wrong with an anecdote based on dealership science class
Old 09-07-2015, 10:23 AM   #11
Jackass
Doing what I like to do

Drives: 1963 Landrover
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
Thank you for proving me wrong with an anecdote based on dealership science class
Just wonder what kind a science and what class that happen at the dealership !?
Jackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 10:28 AM   #12
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

You'd be surprised. I've had dealerships tell me that dents were pinch-weld marks. The paint damage was merely coincidental.
Old 09-07-2015, 02:49 PM   #13
Neuf Cruz

Drives: 2011 LS Black on Black 6speed
Not the car, it's society. I am pretty sure you weren't the 1st one they hit up.

Roto-Fab CAI-Ported Throttle Body-Black Ice Isolator-Flow Master Axle Back-RX-Catch Can-Hurst Short Throw Shifter-Trifecta Tune\Ghost Cam

Phantom Billet Grill-Billet Fuel Door-Side Gills-Headlight Armor Black Out Kit-Zenik Rims-Lowering Springs-MGP Caliper Covers-Dome\Trunk\Footwell Lighting.
Neuf Cruz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2015, 03:00 PM   #14
Red2014SS

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Camaro
The panhandlers and hustlers are really out of control. I get hit up by scammers at the gas pump at least once a month. The last time it happened, the guy sees me use my credit card in the pump. I see him coming. He is obviously dope sick... he has an old cell phone in his dirty hand. His story begins..

"Hi, I broke down on the highway and my two year old daughter is sick. My phone is out of minutes and all I have is cash. If you'll let me use your credit card to put $10 worth of minutes on my phone, I'll give you $20 cash. All I want to do is call AAA to get a tow truck."

I responded, "There is a pay phone inside. Or, I can call AAA for you, what's the number?"

He didn't want any of that, so he started off with some other excuse about needing my card to buy minutes.. So I went nuts. I told him to turn around and walk away or else his day was about to get really bad. Lucky for him, he listened. He walked right over to some nice kid, who looked about 17 years old and started the same line of bull. At that point, I pretended to be talking to the cops and made sure he heard me. He took off running down the road.

Never used to see this happen around here. Now it's common. Society has done downhill.