Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-18-2015, 04:56 AM   #1
grahak2

Drives: 2021 scatpack challenger 6spd cinna
got a ticket

Hi,

I got a ticket going home from work wed morn at 6am. I was going 82 in a 65. No biggie cause I have been going as fast as 105 to work. So I was just glad I was under the criminal speeding where a court date is mandatory. I got one when I was in my 20's and after the court date went to the school. But no online courses back then.

Anyway, I took the online course and ended up paying $200 for the course and fees associated with it that go to the state.

I gotta stay clean now for a yr and then can drive like a maniac again. Or maybe look into getting a good detector.

Anyway just letting you guys know the cost of your first one.

Also for anyone taking the online course it is 4hrs and then you take a environmental test and then a final. You got to get 80% and some of the questions are pretty tricky. It looks like if you don't pass then you have to go to the classroom version. It can be passed, but one question was the girl that was texting what sport was in the background. Or how many cars where in the roundabout. Or what color was the background of the module. I passed but felt that they were sh*t questions.

Take care,
Kevin
grahak2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 05:01 AM   #2
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahak2 View Post
I gotta stay clean now for a yr and then can drive like a maniac again.
That's a great attitude, Kevin. Please don't kill anyone in the process.
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 05:14 AM   #3
Smokin19

Drives: 19' ZL1 A10, w/pdr
I'm glad you don't live in my state.
BTR Stg II cam w/ 38% fuel lobe, ARH 2" headers into 3" w/cats, AWE Touring, Kong X port, Weapon X triple ht exchangers, NW 103, Rotofab big gulp, DSX lowside, TCM tune, BMR Lockout, Mustang dyno 720 rwhp, 634 rwtq on 93 pump.
Smokin19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 05:35 AM   #4
snarky
ultracrepidarianism

Drives: '14 1SS/RS/1LE/NPP '18 Accord Sport
That's a positive spin.
Old 12-18-2015, 05:36 AM   #5
grahak2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin14 View Post

There's people like me all over. Pretty scary huh.

Kevin
Old 12-18-2015, 05:40 AM   #6
bork_bork

Drives: 2013 ZL1 M6 Convert Triple Black
Cruise control.

That's what has saved me a bunch of times on the highway. These cars get to 100 mph so fast and effortlessly that its hard not to speed.
bork_bork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 06:54 AM   #7
EMB135Driver
Jedi Master

Drives: Boeing 757/767+2010 IBM 2SS
I just hope you don't end up killing anyone but your self......it's a choice to drive like a maniac, but the car or pedestrian you slam into doesn't get to choose. If you really want to be a maniac why not throw down a few beers first....really liven things up a bit.
Old 12-18-2015, 07:02 AM   #8
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by bork_bork View Post
These cars get to 100 mph so fast and effortlessly that its hard not to speed.
That's why they are equipped with TWO speedometers (there is a big digital setting in the DIC), as well as a "Speed Warning" setting (also in the DIC).
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:11 AM   #9
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
SO going home from graveyard shift maybe next time you will not get your car impounded and sold for reckless endangerment, criminally reckless speed and tossed in Jail for a year and loose your right to drive for a long time.... GROW UP. Because I would be the guy driving to the state PEN seeing you and able to blow your doors off calling the LEOs to say hey : some A HOLE blew by like he was King of the World.... maybe he just robbed a quickee mart? 6 am is morning commute time....And there are a lot of alert people, and some not so much.

Because people do that, and its pretty effective at getting you targeted. In my state if your going over 80 in a 65 your reckless endangerment will stick to you like white on rice and the fines.... OH there is no getting out of the thousand plus territory and finding the back seat of a cruiser. Not that many of us do not occasionally drive over the limit for a short period to see what it will do, but hey there is a time and a place. And for most that's the track, you have to pay to play is still the rule.

Also in my state if three people all file a complaint against your license number you automatically get a ticket for what they say....... Like you car? you may loose it to LEO's to help fund their next Christmas crunch to target speeders if you do not wise up.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:08 AM   #10
grahak2

Yah, maybe you guys are right and I need to slow down. Sorry to piss anyone off and for comments I made. The maniac comment was more of a joke than serious, but maybe not very prudent.

In all fairness. I live 30 miles out of town and have only gone those speeds when on a rural highway when other cars weren't around, mostly.

Please don't judge me to harshly. I am not a road bully and am respectful to other drivers, and not weaving in and out in traffic, sometimes when it's wide open I just like to go fast.

I wouldn't want to hurt any innocent people and didn't mean the comment about there are people like me all around or something.

Please forgive any offence and don't think badly of me. I will try to keep my speed down and will think about what you have responded.

Kevin
Old 12-18-2015, 08:16 AM   #11
myold88

Drives: SUMMIT WHITE 2SS/RS CAMARO
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMB135Driver View Post
I just hope you don't end up killing anyone but your self......it's a choice to drive like a maniac, but the car or pedestrian you slam into doesn't get to choose. If you really want to be a maniac why not throw down a few beers first....really liven things up a bit.
They say men don't fully mature until their mid 20's. The OP just proved it.
Old 12-18-2015, 08:49 AM   #12
1Coopgt

Drives: All Black 2012 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokin14 View Post
+10000
Old 12-18-2015, 08:51 AM   #13
CamaroCracka

Drives: 2010 Turbo LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by grahak2 View Post
Yah, maybe you guys are right and I need to slow down. Sorry to piss anyone off and for comments I made. The maniac comment was more of a joke than serious, but maybe not very prudent.

In all fairness. I live 30 miles out of town and have only gone those speeds when on a rural highway when other cars weren't around, mostly.

Please don't judge me to harshly. I am not a road bully and am respectful to other drivers, and not weaving in and out in traffic, sometimes when it's wide open I just like to go fast.

I wouldn't want to hurt any innocent people and didn't mean the comment about there are people like me all around or something.

Please forgive any offence and don't think badly of me. I will try to keep my speed down and will think about what you have responded.

Kevin
I'm pretty sure the classes vary from state to state. If you are going to speed regularly, a good radar detector is a must. I almost never get tickets anymore.

105 seems a little crazy but it would depend on the road you were on, traffic, weather and how long you were at 105. Lots of roads out West are wide open lonely spaces begging for some throttle. What seems like an insane speed in the megalopolis might not be such a big deal, i.e. Silver State Open.

2011 Vert - 416/w 230/236 .612/.602 115lsa, 1LE suspension w/32mm rear bar. Z28 diff. ZL1 brakes.
CamaroCracka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 08:59 AM   #14
Mortious
Ammo

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS (LS3 M6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
They say men don't fully mature until their mid 20's. The OP just proved it.
Pfft, Im 45 and if you ask my wife, I still havn't...