Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 08-25-2011, 04:01 AM   #15
Bay Area SS

Drives: 2010 rs/2ss
Per Ca law a front plate is required. as far as gettin stopped for the exh bein too loud, i highly doubt it. Be cool drinking and driving, its not worth it...You hit someone even if its not your fault and you have a few points even under an .08 your still screwed and will go to jail....I dont have a front plate on mine, I try not to be a hypocrite and dont stop for these violations, especially on Camaros, lol, but it can get you stopped.
Bay Area SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 10:57 PM   #16
Newold memories

Drives: 2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS/RS
As stated many times above, it is illegal to operate a motor vehicle in CA without a front lic plate. That being said, you are more than likely not going to get stopped for it unless the cop is looking for a reason to stop you. So your driving habits will frequently determine whether your license plate gets you stopped. As far as the Drinking and Driving thing goes.. If you drink and drive you deserve to be stopped, and prosecuted. It ruins lives and takes lives daily......that should be your only concern about drinking and driving. One more question like that and you are gonna have to trade your camaro in for a mustang
2010 2SS/RS M6 LS3: K&N CAI, Eibach Pro Lowering Kit, Heritage Grill, Ceramic Tint, GM Performance Borla Exhaust, Hertz/Arc Audio Sound System, MPD1 Rear Spoiler, Rennen C-10 Wheels (20x9 w/ 275/40/20 front & 20x10.5 w/ 295/40/20 rear Continental DSW Extreme contact tires) Hurst Short Throw Shifter.

Visit us @ WWW.Facebook.com/SacramentoValleyCamaros
Newold memories is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2011, 12:09 AM   #17
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
I have a beer or two at dinner and drive home all the time...

I am well over 300 pounds, it takes more than that to get me to .001 LOL let alone .05
Drink and drive sure... driving "while intoxicated" or "Under the influence" a no no.

Which brings up an interesting thought, I don't smoke pot, but in CA I bet half the drivers on the road are high while driving...

I don't want to say anything about my plate, I don't want to ginx myself. But I will say I have not had them on any of my vehicles I have owned over 8 vehicles of all types
Old 08-27-2011, 02:05 AM   #18
devilover

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS - Black on IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrisisMusick View Post
What's good folks.

I live in San Jose, CA and mostly commute all over the Bay Area, and I just had a couple questions for all my fellow California Camaro drivers.

1) Do we need front license plates? And who has been pulled over for not having one?

2) I just bought Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-Backs for my V6 M Camaro LS, but will they pass smog when I take it? And will they be too loud to where I could run the risk of getting pulled over?

Just worried about driving home sometimes after a couple drinks... would hate to get a DUI simply cause I was pulled over something dumb like a license plate.

Thanks
Dude...really?!?! So you're asking if you should have a front license plate, and then immediately following that up with sometimes I drink and drive...? OK...now add the two together and you get = who cares about the fix-it ticket for my front license plate...a cop just pulled me over in the thing I love most in the world, and I am under the influence...or worse. You're better than that (I hope)...

Sorry for being rough, but this here community represents a band of brothers and sisters, and I would hate for you to go through the agony that is DUI...and more importantly, hurt yourself, or others.
devilover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 11:31 PM   #19
2010rod
JAWS

Drives: 2010 2SS Silver Ice Metallic
Quote:
What's good folks.

I live in San Jose, CA and mostly commute all over the Bay Area, and I just had a couple questions for all my fellow California Camaro drivers.

1) Do we need front license plates? And who has been pulled over for not having one?

2) I just bought Flowmaster American Thunder Axle-Backs for my V6 M Camaro LS, but will they pass smog when I take it? And will they be too loud to where I could run the risk of getting pulled over?

Just worried about driving home sometimes after a couple drinks... would hate to get a DUI simply cause I was pulled over something dumb like a license plate.

Thanks
No plate required my friend; why don't you join the 3 amigos sometime @ Hooters Fremont, I promise I will not let anyone write ROSSETI SUCKS on your back window why you take your turn @ the masage parlor down the street
Attached Images

Old 09-06-2011, 01:28 AM   #20
ss/rs-matt

Drives: 2015 ZL1
For a dui to stick they have to have probable cause to stop you which could be anything they make up or anything that is easy to spot...no plate, tinted windows, loud exhaust, the list goes on. Fact is dui arrests are HUGE money makers for the state, its a big scam. I would say the camaro is not a good drinking and driving car. Blowing a .05 or even a .10 most people are no where near drunk, that is just nonsense, but like I said its a big money making hussle. The lower they make the limit the more innocents they can arrest, embarrass and ring money out of.
Moral of the story is, take a cab or take your chances with the crooks at MADD and CHP.
ss/rs-matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #21
Silver2SSRS6spd
Prefer to be blown!

Drives: 2010 Silver/Black 2SS/RS Manual
No front plate for 15 months with no problems. Don't drink and drive, it's not worthit and this car will increase your odds of getting pulled over during the witching hours. Don't know about your exhaust.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #22
2010rod
JAWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falundir View Post
What is the cost of the ticket for no front plate?
should be $25 (correctable) in Fremont & SF; havn't received them anywhere else. I had to take the Fremont one to court to get it down to 25!
Old 09-06-2011, 08:39 AM   #23
gabraddock

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow
Hey Rod, where is my invite to Hooter's? I believe it was I that suggested that place for the first Hooter's meet. Man, the Traverse gets NO love.
gabraddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:48 AM   #24
2010rod
JAWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabraddock View Post
Hey Rod, where is my invite to Hooter's? I believe it was I that suggested that place for the first Hooter's meet. Man, the Traverse gets NO love.
Test that thing out on Mt. Ham on the 17th, or just meet us @ Hooter's Dublin after; either way a beer or soda on me
Old 09-06-2011, 08:50 AM   #25
gabraddock

Drives: 2010 Chevy Camaro Rally Yellow
I'll be there! Hooter's that is. Mt. Hamilton will kill me. I guess I can try it!
gabraddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 08:58 AM   #26
2010rod
JAWS

Quote:
Originally Posted by gabraddock View Post
I'll be there! Hooter's that is. Mt. Hamilton will kill me. I guess I can try it!
Cool. It's turning out to be a nice pony car cruz; Camaro's, GTO's, and some stangs. Go your own speed. no pressure man.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:13 PM   #27
rwmiller56

Drives: 2011 1LT Summit White
I live in San Jose, and I just got a front license plate ticket the other day. I was pulled over on 87 South, near Skyport. The CHP cop gave me a verbal warning on a speeding violation, because I think his Lidar unit couldn't get a good fix on my speed without the front plate.

Anyway, I had the dealer install the front license plate bracket that came with the car. I drove over to CHP HQ and had the violation signed off. Now I have to wait for the courtesy notice from the court, and pay the $25 fee.

So, IMO, you should have a front plate in the South Bay. Why attract attention to yourself?

The plate holder doesn't look that bad. At least it is somewhat contoured to the shape of the front fascia.

Roger
Old 09-11-2011, 07:17 PM   #28
MARINE1991

Drives: COTW 8/29/11 2010 CAMARO
Quote:
What's good folks.

Thanks
Really???? this must be a troll thread...
:troll:
MARINE1991 is offline   Reply With Quote