Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-16-2014, 08:54 AM   #1
kidhauler

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Silver Ice Metallic
Mods and throttle response

From reading here I've learned that intake and exhaust mods create a dead spot off the line. It can be solved using the Vitesse throttle controller. My question is: is it specifically the intake or the exhaust that causes this problem? Or the combination of the two?

Tell me your experiences.

-Dennis-
Old 11-16-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
From the Vitesse site:
Quote:
The Throttle response delay / Lag is an intentional design on the "Drive by Wire system and the reasons are:

• Decreasing emissions
• Not allowing the engine components to do anything harsh.
• Safety and drivability.
• Comfort.
• Fuel economy
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 09:20 AM   #3
kidhauler

Thanks, I read that. But I've also read that mods can make it worse. In wondering which specific mods.

-Dennis-
Old 11-17-2014, 12:33 AM   #4
crc91

Drives: '14 1LS
I've never experianced or heard of such a thing. This is in regards to the drive by wire system implemented to decrease addition wear and shock to the drivetrain. They do this in essence to increase longevity on certain parts,By building in a bit of lag (control variable) into the drive by wire system. By using the throttle controller you can manipulate that "control" variable and increase your throttle reaponse. I would say this controller would void warranty IF you bring it to the dealer with a problem while it's plugged in. But it's very easy to unplug and re install if you have to visit a dealer. I LOVE mine as well as my rotofab cold air intake. My car has never felt so sharp. And this week I'm ordering my met axle back exhaust. Then it'll be time to get a JacFab ported intake manifold and a cmax ported throttle body. Car should feel even better then! But the controller makes a HUGE difference (from stock to sp9
crc91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:03 AM   #5
kidhauler

Thanks crc91. I'll have to dig up the post that led me to think this.

-Dennis-
Old 11-17-2014, 07:06 AM   #6
rydahog

Drives: camaro ss
crc91..my thoughts exactly about taking car to dealer with Vitesse installed, as one member did when his lights lit up on his DIC..you never know if dealer calls another dealer etc, etc..then its like opening a pandoras box so to speak.
rydahog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 09:41 AM   #7
crc91

Yeah I mean it's easy enough undo though it could be a little pain in the ass. I'd rather keep my warranty if possible lol
Old 11-18-2014, 05:06 PM   #8
Jstephen

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS LT2 45th
+1 on this description.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crc91 View Post
I've never experianced or heard of such a thing. This is in regards to the drive by wire system implemented to decrease addition wear and shock to the drivetrain. They do this in essence to increase longevity on certain parts,By building in a bit of lag (control variable) into the drive by wire system. By using the throttle controller you can manipulate that "control" variable and increase your throttle reaponse. I would say this controller would void warranty IF you bring it to the dealer with a problem while it's plugged in. But it's very easy to unplug and re install if you have to visit a dealer. I LOVE mine as well as my rotofab cold air intake. My car has never felt so sharp. And this week I'm ordering my met axle back exhaust. Then it'll be time to get a JacFab ported intake manifold and a cmax ported throttle body. Car should feel even better then! But the controller makes a HUGE difference (from stock to sp9
Old 11-18-2014, 06:07 PM   #9
crc91

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstephen View Post
+1 on this description.
Thanks man lol prediction text seems to kill me on my posts though lol.