Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

Bigwormgraphix

Old 06-25-2019, 08:54 AM   #29
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav03cobra View Post
https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showt...=515295&page=2

see post #18

I believe many of us, including myself used a 3/16 to drill through. I never plugged mine as they are hardly noticeable. Just take your time.
Oh sweet thanks!!
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2019, 06:09 PM   #30
GroundhogSS

Drives: '17 2SS convertible'20 Yukon Denali
Use some of the plastic plugs that hold the trim pieces in place in the trunk and places like that. I had some in a drawer and used those. Had to make the hole a bit oval but it is almost impossible to see. I use a Stow-n-Show for the plate when I go on the highway.

Name:  20180717_143628.jpg
Views: 904
Size:  321.6 KB

They don't look it but those are black plastic. Get them at the dealer or some auto parts will have them.

Delivered: 08/15/2016

#TeamBeckyD

Last edited by GroundhogSS; 06-25-2019 at 06:27 PM.
GroundhogSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 06:00 AM   #31
ItsChristianInHD

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2LT RS 3.6L
Quote:
Originally Posted by GroundhogSS View Post
Use some of the plastic plugs that hold the trim pieces in place in the trunk and places like that. I had some in a drawer and used those. Had to make the hole a bit oval but it is almost impossible to see. I use a Stow-n-Show for the plate when I go on the highway.

Attachment 992901

They don't look it but those are black plastic. Get them at the dealer or some auto parts will have them.
Awesome! When I have the time I will remove it! I have some plugs I think....
ItsChristianInHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 06:33 PM   #32
Yasha

Drives: 2017 2SS
If you really can't stand the front plate holes left over, you could always get a new lower grille. In a few months we're finally getting rid of our front plates in my state and I'm thinking this over.
Yasha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2020, 02:03 AM   #33
Soleil

Drives: Camaro 50th anniversary edition
As I live in a two plate country we have to have the front plate. I used velcro to fix the plate. it hold perfect even at high speed.
when you zoom in you see the velcro.
Attached Images

Last edited by Soleil; 04-08-2020 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Spelling
Soleil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:45 AM   #34
Ald

Drives: Non
Has anyone removed a front plate bracket from a 2019? From the dealer pictures, it looks like the bozo's installed the bracket already. Is it going to leave holes?
Ald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 09:48 AM   #35
Ald

Drives: Non
Anyone try to remove one from a 2019? Will it leave holes? I'm am driving a ways to buy one and it looks like the dealer has already added the bracket.
Ald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:32 PM   #36
Petrol Head
Account Suspended

Drives: Fast if no one's looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by nearwater View Post
I always specifically tell the dealerships NOT to attach the front plates before closing the deal.
I've been living in no-front plate states for the past 12 years.. can't stand the look with plates, especially with a sharp front like Vettes, Camaros, etc.
Ohio has had a front plate requirement since the beginning, but at the end of last year our state legislature slipped the change in law into a bill that our governor had to sign for what the main part of the bill was about. Law enforcement and the nannies were all up in arms, it went through some challenges, but our governor signed it.

Our front plate requirement legally ends June 1st of this year.

Earlier this year some state rep down in the remote portions of the state was trying to drum up support to make the front plate required again. And I think with the LEOs he might have gotten the support...... then covid hit. And put the kabosh on everything.

So, as of June 1st, Ohio will no longer require a front plate!!

No worries though: when I picked up my Camaro I asked the dealer not to install the bracket and they were completely cool. It's still in the factory wrapper in my garage.
Petrol Head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 01:12 PM   #37
Rhobz

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1SS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBinSD View Post
...t I'm torn on removing it. 2 req'd in CA, and I'm an atty, but I love the look of the empty, hungry grille...
I am in SoCal as well. It's kinda a double edged sword. I typically do not run front plates on my more sporty cars but I do on my trucks or anything that it doesn't detract from the look.

The good -- I have been pulled over for speeding or another moving violation and received a fix-it ticket for no front plate more than once. NOT having the front plate saved me here.

The bad -- I have been pulled over for no front plate by a cop that was going the opposite direction and then ticketed for the plate plus anything else he could find on inspection: tinted windows, modified smog equipment, etc., also more than once. HAVING the front plate would have saved me here.

It's a toss up here in CALI.
Rhobz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 04:30 PM   #38
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
No holes will be there it is clamped on
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ald View Post
Anyone try to remove one from a 2019? Will it leave holes? I'm am driving a ways to buy one and it looks like the dealer has already added the bracket.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 07:45 PM   #39
lcd550

Drives: '17 2LT/RS 2.0T M6 50th Anniv Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhobz View Post
I am in SoCal as well. It's kinda a double edged sword. I typically do not run front plates on my more sporty cars but I do on my trucks or anything that it doesn't detract from the look.

The good -- I have been pulled over for speeding or another moving violation and received a fix-it ticket for no front plate more than once. NOT having the front plate saved me here.

The bad -- I have been pulled over for no front plate by a cop that was going the opposite direction and then ticketed for the plate plus anything else he could find on inspection: tinted windows, modified smog equipment, etc., also more than once. HAVING the front plate would have saved me here.

It's a toss up here in CALI.
I live in SoCal as well (LA County). The dealer where I purchased my car already mounted the bracket so I do have the front plate on. I agree it's a toss up but I have a personalized plate so no big deal.

Years ago, I had a Honda Civic (totally stock commuter car, non-ricer) and a cop ticketed me, with a fine of course, at the extended parking lot at LAX (I was out-of-town). Step forward a couple of weeks while I was waiting for replacements, I was pulled over by the LAX police while driving thru the upper level to pick someone up. Specifically pulled me over for no front plate.
lcd550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 10:28 AM   #40
RockySS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS
My 2016 had two screws holding in the bracket, then reinserted the screws. You can see them in a photo in my garage

RockySS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:17 PM   #41
ualreadyknow209

Drives: The ILLEST 2013 1LS
So I've drilled out 4 rivets on my 2021 LT1. But it's still stuck on there? Any ideas? Is there an adhesive? Hidden river??
ualreadyknow209 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 01:33 PM   #42
RockySS

Drives: 2016 Summit White Camaro SS
I actually screwed in a couple of black painted screws. No one will ever notice.
RockySS is offline   Reply With Quote