Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 06-09-2010, 10:20 PM   #43
Mr.CamaroRS

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro R.S.
im just saying the new mustang looks similar to the camaro....was this done on purpose or not?
Mr.CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #44
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZCamaroFan View Post
ford must really think people are dumb if they think using the word Transformed is going to fool people. But yes, i think that's what they are doing. Pitiful.
Well, let's see. The 2011 was 'transformed' from the previous models in that it has more power now.

The Transformers movie *did* have a Mustang as one of the Transformers.

Why on Earth would they want to *fool* people? Sounds like you're already fooled. You know, I like the Camaro too, but there *were* other cars in that movie besides the Camaro.
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:24 PM   #45
motorhead

Drives: Love the one you're with
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.CamaroRS View Post
im just saying the new mustang looks similar to the camaro....was this done on purpose or not?
Did you fall and hit your head? The mustang looks nothing like the camaro.

That's like saying Carrier Underwood looks like Rosie O'donnell.
motorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:25 PM   #46
Mr.CamaroRS

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro R.S.
ok so heres what i find funny in san antonio, tx........I see advertisements for this ford mustang that is all hyped up ( Consider i work at Custom Sounds) and everyday i see more new camaros then i do mustangs! I find it funny just for the fact chevy does not advertise the camaro as much as the ford mustang.......weak sauce ford
Mr.CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:29 PM   #47
Bond
Heritage Hanger

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS, Black.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EnvyTerra View Post
I didn't see anything but the word transform, they didn't talk about 'transformers' and wasn't the mustang a transformer anyway? lol
Yep!
With the exception of the word "transform", I liked it.

Keeping The Spirit Alive!
Bond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:30 PM   #48
StuntmanMike

Drives: Impressive. Scary tends to impress.
Quote:
ok so heres what i find funny in san antonio, tx........I see advertisements for this ford mustang that is all hyped up ( Consider i work at Custom Sounds) and everyday i see more new camaros then i do mustangs! I find it funny just for the fact chevy does not advertise the camaro as much as the ford mustang.......weak sauce ford
You are aware, of course, that the 2011 Mustangs just came out, right? How many 2011 Camaros do you see? Oh that's right...
StuntmanMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:33 PM   #49
Kycamaross
RED JEWEL inthe BLUEGRASS

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS/RS, 01 S-10 Xtreme
Quote:
Originally Posted by motorhead View Post
Did you fall and hit your head? The mustang looks nothing like the camaro.

That's like saying Carrier Underwood looks like Rosie O'donnell.
^
^
^

I think I just threw up a little. (the Rosie O'donnell comment)
Kycamaross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:35 PM   #50
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:

Well let's see....

Nope I don't see it
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:16 PM   #51
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
Agreed. In fact the 2010/2011 Mustangs look closer to the original Mustang than the 2005 version does, because the 2005 has a rectangular body and backside, whereas the 2010/2011 has hips like the original.

See?

Even the rims are the same!
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:41 AM   #52
syr74
Account Suspended

Drives: Thunderbird
Seriously? I think only a Chevy guy would watch this commercial and think Transformers because the word transformed is used therein. In all sincerity, is anybody here really going to argue that any company is going to copy the strategy of a rival company that just went through the most spectacular bankruptcy in automotive history? Whatever you think of the state of GM, to walk into any boardroom and suggest such a thing would probably be career suicide.
syr74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:46 AM   #53
Mr CLuTcH
Always On Kill!

Drives: S.I.M. SS
I think Ford's advertising is murdering GMs. Gm has advertising equivalent to the greeting you receive upon entering an upscale old-folks home. I thought that stand along Mustang commercial was BAD ASS. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like the Mustang, but I loved the commercial and how it sells the car.

And omg, have you guy's seen the new 5.0's commercial? KILLER. Gm has nothing on Ford when it comes to advertising. Any commercial I've seen so far advertising the Camaro has been boring. And what about our V8's, ....GM is just pushing those v6's. At least Ford made an attempt at both!

The 5.0 Commercial........AMAZING.

*K&N typhoon CAI
*Aggressive cam.
*Tune
**Result**: 465rwhp/ 447rwtq. Satisfied.
Mr CLuTcH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 02:39 AM   #54
Jiu Jitsu Jon
East bound and down

Drives: 2005 Cyclone Grey GTO (M6)
How dare they use Transformers to sell cars! Who the hell would do that anyways...oh wait GM did, didn't they?
Old 06-10-2010, 09:47 AM   #55
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
First of all, really? The theme of that commercial is obviously not transformers. If you put 100 people in a room and had them watch that commercial, no more than 2 of them would say anything about the movie transformers. Second, that orange mustang is NOT the 2011 mustang, it is the giugiaro design concept that first appeared in 2005 so no, they didn't copy the camaro. Third and most importantly, how can the same group of people that claim the new body style is hard to tell apart from the old, think the design is stolen from the camaro when the first s197 design was around long before the concept camaro?
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 10:26 AM   #56
bigearl

Drives: 10 Camaro 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr CLuTcH View Post
I think Ford's advertising is murdering GMs. Gm has advertising equivalent to the greeting you receive upon entering an upscale old-folks home. I thought that stand along Mustang commercial was BAD ASS. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't like the Mustang, but I loved the commercial and how it sells the car.

And omg, have you guy's seen the new 5.0's commercial? KILLER. Gm has nothing on Ford when it comes to advertising. Any commercial I've seen so far advertising the Camaro has been boring. And what about our V8's, ....GM is just pushing those v6's. At least Ford made an attempt at both!

The 5.0 Commercial........AMAZING.

I have to agree. I also agree with the person who said put the CTS V commercial writers on the Camaro.

I think Ford and even the Challenger commercials are more appealing then the Chevy commercials (except the CTS V on the sand flats). Look, machines bounce the wheels! That's the biggest thrill in the new Chevy commercials.
bigearl is offline   Reply With Quote